Forums > Queen collecting and trading > SIGNED RED SPECIAL GUITAR

forum rss feed
Author

mercury1901 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Jul 11, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to meet Brian May and he signed my copy of the Red Special Guitar

The people ive told keep telling me how valuable it is now, and i am wondering how much do people think a signed red special guitar is worth

BY THE WAY, THIS IS JUST HYPOTHETICAL! I WOULD NEVER SELL IT BECAUSE IT IS SOMETHING UNIQUE AND PERSONAL TO ME, THAT WILL ALWAYS REMIND ME OF THE DAY I MET BRIAN MAY :)

Cheers :)

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 11, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it is so special to you, then it is priceless.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Posted: 18 Jul 11, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes to me it certainly is priceless, but i am asking what the guitar is worth abstract from sentimental value

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 11, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is hard to say...at the end of the day it's worth only what someone is willing to pay for it, and it all depends several factors - such as what version of the RS it is, if the signature is dedicated, and how good an example the signature is.  If it is a new RS (i.e the one made currently by BHM) and not the Burns version from a few years back, then we could look at it this way - the guitar is worth around £650, and you'd rarely see a Brian autograph go for more than £50.....so your figure could be £700. But because it is a collectable guitar, and signed, it would probably go for more, and I think I saw one go for just over £1000 not too long ago.   However, as it's all hypothetical, it doesn't really matter - just enjoy what you have!  If it's for insurance purposes, I'd go for the £1500 region. 

See?  Hard to say :)

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Posted: 19 Jul 11, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, cheers for the insight mate :)

btw its a modern BMS with just the signature, no dedication