Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Live Killers, Live Magic, Live at Wembley and others to be reissued???

forum rss feed
Author

Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Bohemian: 831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 11, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looking at the future releases here; http://universal.dk/releaseplan - I can see Live at Wembley looks set for a reissue (maybe?) 
I've been quite happy to buy the reissues, I'm enjoying the sound of them too, but I would like to buy the live albums in the new style case to match my updated collection...

The following albums I am wondering if anyone knows anything about a possible reissue at all?

Live Killers
Live Magic
At the Beeb
Live at Wembley '86
Queen on Fire – Live at the Bowl
Queen Rock Montreal

Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Bohemian: 831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 11, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, also - Greatest hits 3 and Queen Rocks. I know, I know... but I am a completest.....

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 11, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as we've heard..

Live Killers and Live Magic will be re-released next year.  With bonus tracks, I don't know.  Maybe GT can shed some light?


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 11, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, Wembley and Montreal again - just what we need!!!


It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Bohemian: 831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 11, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they aren't reissued they would eventually get deleted wouldn't they - thus be gone for good..... which isn't good :-(

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jul 11, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: As far as we've heard..

Live Killers and Live Magic will be re-released next year.  With bonus tracks, I don't know.  Maybe GT can shed some light?
===================

GT said at the convention that when Live Killers gets re-released, there will be linear notes explaining what songs came from which venue. I can't remember him saying anything about bonus tracks, but I'm 100% sure about the live killers stuff.


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Bohemian: 831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you.

I'm new on this forum..... Who is GT?

And - that might suggest some of the other albums being reissued also, as it would seem slightly mad (I couldn't resist that) to reissue one album on its own.....

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote: Thank you.

I'm new on this forum..... Who is GT?

And - that might suggest some of the other albums being reissued also, as it would seem slightly mad (I couldn't resist that) to reissue one album on its own.....
============

GT = Gary Taylor. He's one of the archivists for Queen. Awesome guy!


I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK I have bought Wembley on VHS, on the 1992 CD, on the 2001 CD, on the 2004(?) CD, on the 2004(?) DVD and I think I should have a cassette somehwere too. Why the f*** should I buy it again ? Well the studio albums at least had bonus tracks, but unless these re-re-re-re-releases will have at least 1 bonus disc I will not even think about buying this

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: OK I have bought Wembley on VHS, on the 1992 CD, on the 2001 CD, on the 2004(?) CD, on the 2004(?) DVD and I think I should have a cassette somehwere too. Why the f*** should I buy it again ? Well the studio albums at least had bonus tracks, but unless these re-re-re-re-releases will have at least 1 bonus disc I will not even think about buying this
-----------
Ha ha you`re right! in my case i have even the LP from wembley 1986... so i think i will not buy this.


"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only thing I'm waiting to be reissued is Live Killers. If it's true that it will re-released in 2012, then it's amazing!


"I really feel like being evil tonight."
GinjaNinja user not visiting Queenzone.com
GinjaNinja
Bohemian: 653 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 06:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they re-issue Live Killers, I REALLY hope they're going to re-mix it. Not as in a dance remix, just to update the production and make it sound clean and crisp.


Property Of Queen Productions...
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3034 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERQRY wrote: pittrek wrote: OK I have bought Wembley on VHS, on the 1992 CD, on the 2001 CD, on the 2004(?) CD, on the 2004(?) DVD and I think I should have a cassette somehwere too. Why the f*** should I buy it again ? Well the studio albums at least had bonus tracks, but unless these re-re-re-re-releases will have at least 1 bonus disc I will not even think about buying this
-----------
Ha ha you`re right! in my case i have even the LP from wembley 1986... so i think i will not buy this. ------------------------------------
You didn't buy the additional second run vinyl release that was remixed by Roger??  Shame on you!!! :-)

Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 494 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's no point to re-realese Live Magic.


A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bo Alex wrote:

There's no point to re-realese Live Magic.

===============

Sure there is, if there are bonus tracks from Knebworth !


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote:

Bo Alex wrote:



There's no point to re-realese Live Magic.


===============

Sure there is, if there are bonus tracks from Knebworth !


Where I would prefer if they released a complete Knebworth audio with the tracks from other concerts (Budapest, Wembley) added as bonus :-)

frank152 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Live Magic remastered would be a perfect opportunity to release the Budapest dvd as second disc :)


s lauder
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Sir GH wrote:

Bo Alex wrote:

There's no point to re-realese Live Magic.

===============

Sure there is, if there are bonus tracks from Knebworth !

Where I would prefer if they released a complete Knebworth audio with the tracks from other concerts (Budapest, Wembley) added as bonus :-)

Yes and also not cut up and hack job like Live Magic was...some awesome performances on there and it irritated me to no end. But we've been down that road before haha...


I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
joesilvey user not visiting Queenzone.com
joesilvey
Bohemian: 238 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 11, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd buy another edition of Wembley IF they remix / remaster to the degree and quality that they did for Rock Montreal.  The sound on there is stunning.  Always felt like Wembley sounded weak and far away, more like an audience recording than a soundboard...  perfect chance for them to fix it for a 25th anniversary edition!


Joseph A. Silvey