Forums > Queen - General Discussion > RIP Amy Winehouse!

forum rss feed
Author

GOATHEAD1985 user not visiting Queenzone.com
GOATHEAD1985
Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jul 11, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a waste of a human being!

Best wishes to her family and friends!

GinjaNinja user not visiting Queenzone.com
GinjaNinja
Bohemian: 641 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 11, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm... yet another addition to the "27 Club".

Property Of Queen Productions...
catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 11, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GinjaNinja wrote: Hmm... yet another addition to the "27 Club".

Kinda weird that.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 11, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'd like you to explain how this ended up in this "queen" thread...stick it in personal

it's not weird at all...i remember reading soemthing on this once...about stars adjustment to fame.

from what i recall it's all to do with the five/six year period...once they are established and are introduced to all the stuff that comes with fame...drink drugs painkillers etc and also combined with their own lack of ability to cope with fame

the co-incidence is that most (and there have been well over 50 film/rock stars) get their breakthru at about 20/21 so the critical five/six year thing hits at about 27

look at the list ...it's massive...and most of the 27-club who did themselves in, got their breakthru at about 20/21

go deo na hÉireann
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 11, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't help but think good riddance.  I'm usually quite a sensitive guy, but she was one waste of time and space who had more chances than she deserved - hope Pete Doherty is next!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
paulosham user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
paulosham
Bohemian: 655 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: I can't help but think good riddance.  I'm usually quite a sensitive guy, but she was one waste of time and space who had more chances than she deserved - hope Pete Doherty is next!

That's not sensitive at all.  You are just going on what you've read in the shitty newspapers and seen on tabloid news reports

Don't shun it!
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3027 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

paulosham wrote: Thistleboy 1980 wrote: I can't help but think good riddance.  I'm usually quite a sensitive guy, but she was one waste of time and space who had more chances than she deserved - hope Pete Doherty is next!

That's not sensitive at all.  You are just going on what you've read in the shitty newspapers and seen on tabloid news reports ===== ========================================================================================

I said *usually* and *but*.   And how can you say I'm only going on what I've read and seen - surely the candid pics and plethora of footage showing her for what she was is a decent enough basis to form an opinion (which I am entitled to, btw).

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS MENTIONED ON A QUEEN FORUM? Really guys? It's not like she was anybody important but just another one of those slutty performers who call themselves musicians and had drug problems. She was barely even contributing to society and was basically already dead anyways with her zombie-like appearances. Yes, my thoughts go out to her family and friends but still like GOATHEAD1985 said, she was a waste of a human being. What we really should be sad about is the 90 people killed in the Norway massacre, the 35 dead in the China train crash, and the death of Paul Watkin, one of the 9/12 lancers in Afghanistan.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^ Already the backlash about Amy!  So much to say have you?  Have you won 5 Grammys for music and an Ivor Novello Award for best contemporary song from the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters?   She may have wasted her life away but there was talent there. I am not familiar with her music at all - but she did have some music acclaim in her short life.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: WHY THE FUCK IS THIS MENTIONED ON A QUEEN FORUM?

======================
calm down dude, christ, how come some poor sod posts somthing in the wrong forum and he gets raped in the ass for it, i mean seriously it aint like he just drop kicked ur kid

GOATHEAD1985

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FUCK wished I never posted this discussion.

All human life is a waste when cut short or just cut.

The reason I posted this is I wanted pay my respects to her family and friends.

I don't wanna start a bitch fest here but I remember when Micheal Jackson died and it came up a forum, granted MJ has done a lot more in music, but same with him such a waste.

Doesnt matter how old, young or who you are, no one is better than anyone.

Doesnt matter what she done she was someones daughter, loved one and a waste of talent.

I am sorry if this discussion has caused upset to people my aim was just to pay Tributes and Respect.

Doga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Doga
Bohemian: 922 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We only know about Amy for the newspapers and some webs.
Have more memory boys, i don't know if you remember some persian dude called Freddie Mercury, i was so young, but i investigated, and at the time, the newspapers critisized him for his lifestyle, the sex and drug abuse, and the wild and vicious human being he was. The time flows and we learned that he was a very funny and generous man, a good friend and a good son, a cat lover and a very creative musician, but it wasn't notice at all.

For this, and about Amy, we don't know why she was in drugs and her personal situation, people won't be happy only for be a good artist and have money.
Have more respect with Amy, i really only know that she was a very good singer and a young women who died so soon, so R.I.P.

Sorry for my english.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3609 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will say what I have said on many messageboards in the last 24 hours. There a many, many people celebrating the death of a very talented 27 year old female right now. They have absolutely no knowledge or understanding of addiction and/or mental health issues.

This could be your daughter one day.

Hang your head in shame.

lifetimefanofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
lifetimefanofqueen
Royalty: 1328 posts

Posted: 24 Jul 11, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GOATHEAD1985 wrote: FUCK wished I never posted this discussion.

All human life is a waste when cut short or just cut.

The reason I posted this is I wanted pay my respects to her family and friends.

I don't wanna start a bitch fest here but I remember when Micheal Jackson died and it came up a forum, granted MJ has done a lot more in music, but same with him such a waste.

Doesnt matter how old, young or who you are, no one is better than anyone.

Doesnt matter what she done she was someones daughter, loved one and a waste of talent.

I am sorry if this discussion has caused upset to people my aim was just to pay Tributes and Respect.

===================================
im on ur side on this mate, ppl here can be cunts at times and bitch over evrything here, pussy way of life,
and i agree, maybe she did drugs, maybe she had a drinking problem, but she was still a human being, and if people are really going to get cunty  over it just because its on their precious queen general discussion forum, fuck the lot of ya and shame on u, and GROW UP!

Dodger Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 11, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nobody knows for sure yet what the cause of death was but
there are all sorts of reasons for people to take drugs or alcohol.Its still a terrible tragedy for anyone to die at just 27.
Maybe she was an addict but she wasnt a monster,she never killed anyone.She was just an unstable person who needed help.
I recently went thru a bad spell of depression n it felt so bad Id happily have ended my life because of it.If she did end her own life she must of been in a terrible state of mind where that seemed the only option.
Her music may not be totally to my taste but for anyone to die at that age is a tragedy.

scollins user not visiting Queenzone.com
scollins
Bohemian: 254 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 11, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree she was a waste of space and a junkie, she was playing with fire and by god she got burned lol,,   I hear george best and alex higgins are said to be over the moon, theve just heard theres a winehouse on its way to heaven :)

studyan
dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1542 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 11, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From the BBC website:

Sacha Baron Cohen to play Amy Winehouse.

Baron Cohen had been on board for two years
Mitch Winehouse said Ali G and Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen is to play Amy Winehouse in a film about her, the blues singer's father Mitch Winehouse has confirmed to the BBC.

"We have Sacha Baron Cohen, which will probably be a shock to a lot of people, but he's been talking with us for a long time," Winehouse told the HARDtalk show.

Frost/Nixon scribe Peter Morgan is writing the screenplay, he added.

The film, which will focus on the period leading up to her car crash gig in Belgrade last month, will begin shooting next year.

"I think we'll try and keep ourselves out of it as much as we can," Winehouse said.

Baron Cohen had been "on this project since we started talking about it seriously with Peter Morgan a couple of years ago," he added.

Winehouse Snr and long time friend Ex Libertine frontman Peter Doherty will oversee music featured in the film, which will include songs by Winehouse as a solo performer and also some of her famous duets, including her performance with Charlotte Church in 2007.

Graham King, of GK Films, which is co-producing the movie along with Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal's production company Tribeca, said Winehouse was "a music brand all unto itself".

"Amy Winehouse was an awe-inspiring performer so with Sacha in the starring role, coupled with Peter's screenplay and the support of her father, we have the perfect combination to tell the real story behind her success."

Morgan, whose previous works include the Oscar-nominated screenplays for The Queen and Frost/Nixon, is already working on the script for the as-yet-untitled project.

Winehouse's 90-minute appearance at the Belgrade concert in Serbia featured Valerie, Rehab, and Back In Black. It is considered to be one of the worst rock performances.

The HARDtalk interview with Mitch Winehouse will be broadcast on BBC World News on Thursday 28 July and the BBC News Channel on Friday 29 September.

Dodger Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 11, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess Freddie Mercury deserved to get Aids then as he was a homosexual!

Senna user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 25 Jul 11, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eh?...oh i get it, you're trying to be humourous.  Maybe next time.

GOATHEAD1985

Posted: 25 Jul 11, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are some SICK FUCKS on here, get a life!