Forums > Personal > ...never mind that sh*t, it's the World Cup draw!

forum rss feed
Author

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jul 11, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The full EUROPEAN ZONE DRAW then...
Group A: Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, SCOTLAND, Macedonia, WALES
Group B: Italy, Denmark, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Armenia, Malta.
Group C: Germamy, Sweden, R of Ireland, Austria, Faroe Is, K'stan.
Group D: Netherlands, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Estonia, Andorra.
Group E: Norway, Slovenia, Switzerland, Albania, Cyprus, Iceland.
Group F: Portugal, Russia, Israel, N IRELAND, Azerbaijan, L'bourg
Group G: Greece, Slovakia, Bosnia-H, Lithuania, Latvia, Lichtenstein
Group H: ENGLAND, Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, S Marino
Group I: Spain, France, Belarus, Georgia, Finland

Scotland and Wales players can book ther 2014 summer holidays now, as neither will qualify. England got a good draw so will probably beat everyone in their group then lose every game in the finals. 

Of course the only group that matters is Group F, which the mighty Northern Ireland will go through like a fecking shortcut. Bring it!

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 11, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

England in the same group as Poland and San Marino..
never saw that one coming :-p

*cough* every 4 years *cough*

may i be the first to laugh very loudly at the french? :-D HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 30 Jul 11, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

may i also add that the draw for the world cup took so long that the Brazilian builders are now back on track with building the stadia on time...

catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 11, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Group A: Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, SCOTLAND, Macedonia, WALES
bugger,,,,,another trip up group.will we scots ever qualify for another world cup.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 30 Jul 11, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Scotland and Wales players can book ther 2014 summer holidays now, as neither will qualify. ==========================================================================================

Bullshit.  Croatia have never beaten us, we gave the Welsh a showing up the other month, we've improved enough not to slip up against Macedonia and I'm sure we can beat Belgium and Serbia at Hampden if not away.  If we can't book a play-off spot at least, I'll be very, very surprised.  This is the most favourable draw we've had in a long, long time.  As for Norn......goodbye!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 30 Jul 11, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullshit.  Croatia have never beaten us,

--> That's because you haven't  played them yet...

we gave the Welsh a showing up the other month,

-->  that's because you played your first team and everyone else played their under 14 wheelchair team

we've improved enough not to slip up against Macedonia 

-->  They have 11 Alexander the Greats playing for them. You have 11 midget alcoholics with nobbly knees.

and I'm sure we can beat Belgium and Serbia at Hampden if not away. 

--> I'll bet, at best, you'll get 2 points out of 12 in those games 

If we can't book a play-off spot at least, I'll be very, very surprised.  This is the most favourable draw we've had in a long, long time. 

--> A triumph of optimis over common sense. Besides the life expectancy of Scots is 27 years so most of your team will be dead by 2014 -- too many battered Mars Bars.

As for Norn......goodbye!

-->  The silky skills of our p/t Irish League, English 3rd division and scottish league 1 players shall prevail over the fancy dan Ronaldos and Nanis.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 30 Jul 11, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: Bullshit.  Croatia have never beaten us,

--> That's because you haven't  played them yet...

we gave the Welsh a showing up the other month,

-->  that's because you played your first team and everyone else played their under 14 wheelchair team

we've improved enough not to slip up against Macedonia 

-->  They have 11 Alexander the Greats playing for them. You have 11 midget alcoholics with nobbly knees.

and I'm sure we can beat Belgium and Serbia at Hampden if not away. 

--> I'll bet, at best, you'll get 2 points out of 12 in those games 

If we can't book a play-off spot at least, I'll be very, very surprised.  This is the most favourable draw we've had in a long, long time. 

--> A triumph of optimis over common sense. Besides the life expectancy of Scots is 27 years so most of your team will be dead by 2014 -- too many battered Mars Bars.

As for Norn......goodbye!

-->  The silky skills of our p/t Irish League, English 3rd division and scottish league 1 players shall prevail over the fancy dan Ronaldos and Nanis.

=============================================================================================

We have played Croatia, and they've never beaten us.  As for the "under 14 wheelchair team" - isn't that Northern Ireland's full strength side?  You live in a blinkered world full of generalised stereotypes ya fanny!  Get out more, learn a bit, and then come back to me and talk football.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 31 Jul 11, 04:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i want scotland to qualify just so we english can laugh at them mercilessly when they lose to the mighty football powers of Iran and costa rica again...

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 11, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps if the British football teams would unite instead of sending 4 teams - they might have a better chance in a world cup? Germany lucky as ever will sweat through the qualifying scared to lose to the Faroer Islands :-)

I do not want any google ads here.

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 31 Jul 11, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote: Perhaps if the British football teams would unite instead of sending 4 teams - they might have a better chance in a world cup? Germany lucky as ever will sweat through the qualifying scared to lose to the Faroer Islands :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Germany more successful now than when it was West and East Germany? Unless I'm mistaken, West Germany won more World and Euro Cups than Germany. 

A Uk team would consist of 11 English players with some token N.Irish, Welsh and Scottish in the squad to make it look like a UK team. Not because the English players are necessarily better, but because they have the most wealth, biggest potential audience, and best national league of the 4 Home countries.

Also, Northern Ireland beat England 1-0 the last time we played them. That's not entirely relevant -- I just like to mention it at every opportunity :)

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 31 Jul 11, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: YourValentine wrote: Perhaps if the British football teams would unite instead of sending 4 teams - they might have a better chance in a world cup? Germany lucky as ever will sweat through the qualifying scared to lose to the Faroer Islands :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Germany more successful now than when it was West and East Germany? Unless I'm mistaken, West Germany won more World and Euro Cups than Germany. 

A Uk team would consist of 11 English players with some token N.Irish, Welsh and Scottish in the squad to make it look like a UK team. Not because the English players are necessarily better, but because they have the most wealth, biggest potential audience, and best national league of the 4 Home countries.

Also, Northern Ireland beat England 1-0 the last time we played them. That's not entirely relevant -- I just like to mention it at every opportunity :) =============================================================================================

This is true.  The English would monopolise a GB team, and we'd all lose our national and footballing identities.  Team GB, I think, would also be referred to as England by most of the other commentators.  Also, I'd like to mention that the last time we played England, we beat them 1-0 lol.  And it was at the old Wembley too, so sweet :)

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 31 Jul 11, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: Holly2003 wrote: YourValentine wrote: Perhaps if the British football teams would unite instead of sending 4 teams - they might have a better chance in a world cup? Germany lucky as ever will sweat through the qualifying scared to lose to the Faroer Islands :-)

Also, Northern Ireland beat England 1-0 the last time we played them. That's not entirely relevant -- I just like to mention it at every opportunity :) =============================================================================================

This is true.  The English would monopolise a GB team, and we'd all lose our national and footballing identities.  Team GB, I think, would also be referred to as England by most of the other commentators.  Also, I'd like to mention that the last time we played England, we beat them 1-0 lol.  And it was at the old Wembley too, so sweet :)
reply:

you forgot to mention the fact that even though the jocks won 1-0 at wembley you still lost 2-1 on aggregate as we beat your culloden arses 2-0 at hampden.. ;-D

and im sure england won 4-0 at wembley when the northern paddies came to build the stadium,i mean play a game of footie in the return leg..

we shall see what happens next year at the Olympics when team GB compete in the footie..we shant field any jocks if we have to play mighty Hondurus...we know what you are like against them

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 31 Jul 11, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

you forgot to mention the fact that even though the jocks won 1-0 at wembley you still lost 2-1 on aggregate as we beat your culloden arses 2-0 at hampden.. ;-D

and im sure england won 4-0 at wembley when the northern paddies came to build the stadium,i mean play a game of footie in the return leg..

we shall see what happens next year at the Olympics when team GB compete in the footie..we shant field any jocks if we have to play mighty Hondurus...we know what you are like against them
=============================================================================================

FFS Joxer, English OR Cornish?  Make up yer mind!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 11, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've mellowed in my old age, soccer is actually not bad.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 01 Aug 11, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: JoxerTheDeityPirate wrote:

FFS Joxer, English OR Cornish?  Make up yer mind!
Cornish for rugby,english with the other sports ;-D

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 11, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is true that West Germany won more titles but East Germany was never a big international team at all,anyway. Therefore, it was not much of a difference. However, no British team has won an international title since 1966, so they must all be on the same level - somehow .
*running for cover*  ;-)

I do not want any google ads here.

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 11, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Barb, you have officially opened a can of worms lol :)

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 11, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barb, that was mean. I know exactly how these people feel. Canada hasn't won an International title it's national destiny sport since 2010. Oh...hang on. I guess I don't really know how it feels. Bwahahahahaha!

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 01 Aug 11, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote: Barb, that was mean. I know exactly how these people feel. Canada hasn't won an International title it's national destiny sport since 2010. Oh...hang on. I guess I don't really know how it feels. Bwahahahahaha! =============================================================================================

Right, that's it - the last straw.  Between you, Joxer, Holly and Barbara, I'm officially done at Queenzone :)

You can call me callous over Winehouse.  You can call me over opinionated over Brian's Save Me philosophy.  You can say I'm witch hunting Anton.  That's all fine.  But laugh at my team......that's a different story! 

I'm proper angry :)