Forums > Fan mixes > 17 (Sheer Heart Attack): My video for the Talenthouse competition

forum rss feed
Author

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1417 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 11, 07:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please check my own submission (Version 1) for the Talenthouse competition:

http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/a7646bd645bdce020a9495670c1058a0/224

This is my attempt for a video set to the music of Queen's 1977 song Sheer Heart Attack. I have created visuals using imagery from the artworks of  their albums SHEER HEART ATTACK and NEWS OF THE WORLD. I also used Queen footage from a Super8 film reel I acquired a long time ago, containing excerpts from a 1977 concert. There are also a couple of clips from Queen's recent documentary DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

Hope you all like it!

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nicely done!

I forget what all the guidelines are for what you could and could not use footage-wise, so assuming you stayed with their acceptable parameters, you should be okay.

I enjoyed it and liked the gritty, grainy feel. It fits the music and the song and I'm glad you didn't go for a literal interpretation, such as trying to match the words to precise images, and just let the slap-dash approach grind it through.

Thumbs up!

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 23 Sep 11, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please watch my NEW VIDEO, and VOTE it of you like it! (or vote AGAIN if you liked the previous one):
http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/a7646bd645bdce020a9495670c1058a0/310
You can vote using Facebook, Twitter AND other social networks, and ALSO by texting TH 6GR7YH to the +49 177 178 1208 phone number.

Kacio user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kacio
Bohemian: 753 posts

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 25 Sep 11, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been a Queen fan for more than 20 years. I am 33 and I live in Argentina. Making a video for them would be a dream come true for me!
A BIG thank you for supporting me and voting my work! Queen is loved everywhere!

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 25 Sep 11, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, this is my second attempt for a video set to the music of Queen's 1977 song Sheer Heart Attack. It tells the story of Doctor Bob, who is devastated after the loss of Samuel Esmeralda, a seventeen year-old boy who worked at a local pub, to a sudden cardiac arrest.