Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > QUEEN hammersmith odeon 1979 DVD release !

forum rss feed
Author

Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I hope you didn't expect much from the topic name....;-)

Simply my question is : how big is the chanche that Queen would, or specificly COULD release this show on DVD. I am wondering this considering the poor quality video that was used on ANATO 30th. anniversary DVD set. The footage used is in poor quality...

I really hope this show will see the daylight soon... any thoughts ?

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1589 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the main problem is that it has an unrecognisable Freddie - short hair, no 'tashe - the public wouldn't know who the hell it is.

Ghostwithasmile is BACK!

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't htink that is the problem dysyan... Otherwise they could edit a moustache in the picture... all the time to make him look like 1980+...

Any ideas why Queen used such crappy video feed on the previous releases like the ANATO dvd and Magic years.. ?

malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 698 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh to have some of the later 70's Queen concerts 'officially' released on DVD (and/or Blu)...

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1589 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Live Killers 2012 reissue will include it.

LOL!

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ghostwithasmile wrote: Well I hope you didn't expect much from the topic name....;-)

============================================================================================

Well yeah, I did....because you set it out like an announcement rather than a question. Shame on you :)

Seriously, though - I didn't think the officially released snippets were too bad.  I reckon they could release it....even if only as a "fan only" download through QIFC or Itunes.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ghostwithasmile wrote: Well I hope you didn't expect much from the topic name....;-)

Simply my question is : how big is the chanche that Queen would, or specificly COULD release this show on DVD. I am wondering this considering the poor quality video that was used on ANATO 30th. anniversary DVD set. The footage used is in poor quality...

=================================

Don't worry about the video quality. All Queen tapes were transferred back in the days to a spare mastercopies. These are used for short promo's and clips once is a while. 

For the new DVD releases like Montreal and Milton Keynes I believe Qp transferred the old original masters straight unconpressed to digital format and than worked on it. These transfers cost a hell amount of time and money, so when QP WILL decided to release the Hammersmith show 1979 for a commercial DVD, they probably tansfer the old masters to. (if they have them????)

For my point of view I think they did transfer Hammersmith 1975 and Earls Court already. The video quality is absolutely mindblowing.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
dsmeer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe Christmas 2011?

I never thought that they would release the first Wembley concert, so I hope they surprise me again...

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've heard that out of all the 70's recorded concerts, this would look the best on blu-ray quality wise so there's hope.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!

Posted: 05 Aug 11, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dsmeer wrote: Maybe Christmas 2011?

I never thought that they would release the first Wembley concert, so I hope they surprise me again...

Hey DSMEER , I agree, but I am little dissapointed to see yet antoher 1986 show...

I want <1980 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 11, 04:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll probably never get to see these shows before I die. I'm sure if they had planned to release them at all they would of done it by now. So sick of Wembley! :(

Your Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
Your Fairy King
Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 11, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Makka wrote: I'm resigned to the fact that I'll probably never get to see these shows before I die. I'm sure if they had planned to release them at all they would of done it by now. So sick of Wembley! :(
Don't you know that Queen didn't exist before 1980?

All my life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 25 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 11, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Next year will be about Live Albums , so if it doesn t come out in 2012 I think it will never!

Interesting to know if they ll put out "Live Magic" remastered and expanded, considering that Wembley in one month will see the light again.

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 11, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flashgordon2011 wrote: ghostwithasmile wrote: Well I hope you didn't expect much from the topic name....;-)

================================================================================================

I think Hammersmith odeon 1979 will never release officially, because was problems with microphone Freddie

What are you talking about? I think you're confusing this with Earls Court '77.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 11, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote:

I think Hammersmith odeon 1979 will never release officially, because was problems with microphone Freddie

=====================================================

There really were problems with Freddie's mic at the end of Sheer Heart Attack. He isn't heard singing his usual "I feel so in- in- in- in-articulate" while he's seen singing it into the mic on the video. But I think it can't be such a big issue for not releasing it officially.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!

Posted: 07 Aug 11, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lostman wrote: jamster1111 wrote:

=====================================================

There really were problems with Freddie's mic at the end of Sheer Heart Attack. He isn't heard singing his usual "I feel so in- in- in- in-articulate" while he's seen singing it into the mic on the video. But I think it can't be such a big issue for not releasing it officially.

>>>
Well the same problems with Earls Court, Hyde Park.... but because a audio faillure featured on the videofeed sound, doesn't mean it wasn't caputred on the multitracks...

Ghostwithasmile is BACK!

Posted: 07 Aug 11, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well comming back to my reply above after wathcing the video :

- Well It couldn't be captured on the multitracks, because Fred was pioneering with a wireless mic. for the first time ...though love the ending anyway...