Forums > Queen - General Discussion > disappointed fans

forum rss feed
Author

queenfan78.1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With the announcement of the wembley dvd in september I see the all too familiar griping about re releasing and never any 70's shows becoming official.  I have to wonder, does brian and/or roger ever hear these complaints, or do they go right over their heads.  Has there ever been any acknowledgement to the concerns of the fans?  Do they make plans to release and decide to hold off for some reason? Do record company execs suggest 70's releases and are turned down by brian and roger or what?  I am looking forward to having the first show on dvd, but it does seem odd that in celebrating their 40th anniversary there's no planned releases of anything from the first 10 years of there career.  (minus the albums of course)

malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 698 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've wondered this very question, and wondered it quite a bit lately.

Very curious to know the answer.  It'd be nice to at least know we've been heard.

"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doesn't matter what Queen release, the vast majority of people on this site (in particular) will complain that it's too loud or too quiet or too compressed or the sleeve should be different or a different version should have been released..... or blah blah.

If I was Queen I wouldn't give you moaning shower of shite anything either.

GinjaNinja user not visiting Queenzone.com
GinjaNinja
Bohemian: 654 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be fair, I'll be quite pleased with the upcoming Wembley release. The entire first night is a great bonus, and I'm looking forward to a proper DTS mix this time :)

Really, they just missed the mark with the album re-issues. This was an ideal opportunity to group together all of the single edits/versions, B-sides, Standalone versions (perhaps even adding all of the tracks without segues for Queen II), to make it the definitive collection of all their studio releases. It was also the only place we could have seen all the albums on DVD-Audio format, a bonus disc of the entire album in surround sound could have been included, as there isn't much of a market for them on their own.

They could have been so much more, but at least we got some unreleased material. I thoroughly enjoyed the newly mixed live tracks, and I though the selection for Flash Gordon was particularly good. However, I am optimistic for the future, and if this new Wembley set is anything to go by, the upcoming live releases will be excellent - Both nights of montreal on CD anyone? Both nights at the rainbow? - Possible, if Wembley is seen as an indicator :)

Property Of Queen Productions...
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3056 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote: Doesn't matter what Queen release, the vast majority of people on this site (in particular) will complain that it's too loud or too quiet or too compressed or the sleeve should be different or a different version should have been released..... or blah blah.

If I was Queen I wouldn't give you moaning shower of shite anything either. =============================================================================================

You are one of the biggest moaners in the shower of shite.  Practice what you preach.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
i-Fred user not visiting Queenzone.com
i-Fred
Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.....Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!     fight fight fight fight

i-Fred

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.........mooghead  is awsome

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i-Fred wrote: .....Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!     fight fight fight fight =============================================================================================

Nah, slight disagreement but never a fight.  Nobody's worth the hassle.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i-Fred wrote: .........mooghead  is awsome
=============================================================================================

Woah.....clique forming, is there?

i-Fred

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: i-Fred wrote: .....Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!     fight fight fight fight =============================================================================================

Nah, slight disagreement but never a fight.  Nobody's worth the hassle.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

No bodys worth it, no body gives a dam

i-Fred

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: i-Fred wrote: .........mooghead  is awsome
=============================================================================================

Woah.....clique forming, is there?

.... How dare you! You Troll!!! ehehehehehehehehehe

Nar,.......  Im not in to the clique thing.. Nothing wrong with it, but some times it just reaks of ass sucking, pretentious   anal personalities ..

But I gots no beef with you

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i-Fred wrote:

Im not in to the clique thing.. Nothing wrong with it, but some times it just reaks of ass sucking and pretenious anal peronalitys..

But I gots no beef with you =============================================================================================

There's no-one on QZ like that, really.  With everyone you seem to get along with, an argument is still waiting....no-one agrees on everything, and there's not a person on QZ I know who deliberately "sides" with another on every little thing.  Honestly, there are no cliques here at all.  Look at this thread as an example - a lot of the time I don't have much to say to moog, but when we do interact, it's usually in agreement.  Then there's this...

i-Fred

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: i-Fred wrote:

Im not in to the clique thing.. Nothing wrong with it, but some times it just reaks of ass sucking and pretenious anal peronalitys..

But I gots no beef with you =============================================================================================

There's no-one on QZ like that, really.  With everyone you seem to get along with, an argument is still waiting....no-one agrees on everything, and there's not a person on QZ I know who deliberately "sides" with another on every little thing.  Honestly, there are no cliques here at all.  Look at this thread as an example - a lot of the time I don't have much to say to moog, but when we do interact, it's usually in agreement.  Then there's this...

hhhmmmmm.... I wouldnt doubt much with what you mention here, as you have summed up the culture of the place pretty finely.  But, im still perplexed on the "sides" thing. I think there are people here who side up.  Honestly, for the life of me, the names of members dont come to mind. .

I do beleive though, put most of us in a room with a few Beers, and we would all have a great time..

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i-Fred wrote:

"I wouldnt doubt much with what you mention here, as you have summed up the culture of the place pretty finely.  But, im still perplexed on the "sides" thing. I think there are people here who side up"
============================================================================================
There are a few folk here who are just so nice they find it difficult to argue with others.  I don't think they are being cliquey.  RE the "sides" thing, it does appear that certain folk tend to always agree with the same group of people - they are like-minded, but not deliberately siding.  Just for the purpose of this, I'll say that me and bob (Sir GH) get along, although we don't always agree on stuff.  That's the nature of debate.  We don't go out of our way to support each other in arguments, but do tend to agree on a lot of things....though NOT everything.  I have also agreed with (an example from the top of my head) Kurgan on many things....but have clashed too lol.  Just the nature of the form.  That's the beauty of QZ - loads of different opinions and angles on opinions - it's great when someone agrees, but when they don't, they make sure you know about it :)

============================================================================================

"I do beleive though, put most of us in a room with a few Beers, and we would all have a great time.."

Couldn't agree more :)

i-Fred

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and without sounding like Clique... come Beer-O'clock tonight,,, I'll raise my glass an shout a Beer your way :)

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i-Fred wrote: and without sounding like Clique... come Beer-O'clock tonight,,, I'll raise my glass an shout a Beer your way :) =============================================================================================

:)))))

Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A beer would go down lovely right now...

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
i-Fred

Posted: 04 Aug 11, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok... Ill get the first round...... who's up for the 2nd???

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 11, 02:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

99% of the decision to release this type of stuff will be taken by Jim Beach, he may or may not involve Brian or Roger other than to say this is happening shoiut if you disagree, they will probably just let him get on with it as it's a business.
That being said it is a puzzle that they never release the 70's concerts when even Brian and Roger must be aware by now that fans want it. I bet Brian has had a million emails about it by now.
I guess they view it as simply how many copies can the sell? and the fact it more people will buy a concert with the big 80's hits then one from the 70's.
I am sure it will happen eventually because they will surly run out of 80's usable stuff at some point.
Of course the amount of work needed to get a 70's concert up to the standard that the band are happy with might simply be too much when an 80's well recorded gig is sitting on the shelf next to it...
I really want a Live Killers era concert, but judging by the amount of work and stress getting that LP out took I can only assume it will take a lot of work before the band are happy with the sound.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 11, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe that it's been said somewhere officially that they are working on a Rainbow 1974 release? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I did read about it somewhere...

I too have Wembley on DVD, but I'm looking forward to owning the friday concert on DVD and the remastered sound of the saturday concert. Wonder if they are going to delay the release out here on that in the US as all the other remasters. I'm not complaining one bit about the remasters, I've liked it all so far. I AM complaining that it's crap that we get things three months after the fact...there's no good reason for that, I don't care who you are...

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!