Greatest Flix 1,2 &3

Any help is appreciated.

ShineHedgehog user not visiting Queenzone.com
rushin' headlong
ShineHedgehog
Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 11, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can say that only saw VHS-rip of 'GF3' on one russian torrent tracker. Format is not DVD, just AVI, quality is around 3+/4.
'GF' & 'GF2' could be easily found in DVD, DVD-rip and LD-rip somewhere.
Or you mean that VHS-rip is principal?

"Together we stand - divided we fall"
Stormtrooper076 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 11, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just looking for DVD rips.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 11, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't afford a $15 DVD?

GVH 2 is usually even cheaper.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 11, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe he doesn't have the $15.  If you've been watching the news, 1 in 4 families in your country can't afford their mortgage, and well over 10% are unemployed.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 01 Sep 11, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Maybe he doesn't have the $15.  If you've been watching the news, 1 in 4 families in your country can't afford their mortgage, and well over 10% are unemployed.

=====================================

Well said.

Any way the wind blows...
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 02 Sep 11, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OPEN LETTER TO QUEEN:

Dear Brian and Roger

Please stop releasing any more Queen material.  The economy has gone to hell and 1 in 4 people can't afford to pay their mortgage.  How can you two just sit their counting piles of money while poor Queen fans  (and some non-Queen fans) suffer through this terrible time.

Bonus tracks?  How 'bout a job?

Sincerely

Microwave

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 02 Sep 11, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob, let us know when it's OK to go out and start looting.

Since it's OK with you to rip music illegally, especially from your favorite band.  Maybe you should lighten up and not take things so seriously.  Is anybody allowed to have an ounce of a sense of humor on here?

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 02 Sep 11, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micro, I believe the OP said Flix 1, 2 and 3, which are different to the GVH DVDs you mentioned.  They aren't out officially on DVD at any price.  Sure, Flix 1&2 were released as a promo with (Panasonic?) DVD players around '97, but can't be purchased commercially and there's definitely not a DVD release of Flix III.  And despite it being easy to find them on VHS, the OP may not have the means to convert them to DVD.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

True, but giving links to or leads to illegal downloads is what's really going on here.

If Joe Queen Fan wants a VHS copy of Rare Live...  it's probably something he desires, not a video he's picked up in the $5 Walmart Bin.  The average Joe Queen Fan would probably pay market value for that.  And that would be, what 5-10 bucks for something like that?

Why go to Queenzone to "ask" for that, when you could go to ebay and find it... probably right now... and have it in your house within a week?  While that does not put money in Queen's pocket, it certainly avoids the QUEENZONE LAW of sharing officially released.

And really, this economy is NOT SO BAD that you can't afford to spend $10 on a Queen video.  If you really want it.
Mr. "Times Are Tough" could probably find it on his iphone or wireless internet connection.

Of course, looting is much more fun.  He could probably walk out with a plasma screen, blue ray player, but then there's not a lot of Blue Ray titles in the Queen catalog.  What a catch-22. 

Also, why would you want to convert Greatest Flix 1 to DVD?  No matter how you do it, GVH1 and GVH2 will be much superior in quality, unless you happen to have a digital production studio in the basement.  Think how popular THAT Queenzoner would be!

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, he has obviously just asked us to give him info on something that's illegal and also against QZ rules, that's easy to see.  But still, buying a copy on VHS still defeats the purpose, and there is stuff on Flix that aint on GVH, that's all I'm saying.  Apart from that, I'm with you fully :)

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn... pardon my ignorance but what's on FLIX that's not on GVH1 or GVH2?  I assumed just a terrible picture and distorted audio.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote: Damn... pardon my ignorance but what's on FLIX that's not on GVH1 or GVH2?  I assumed just a terrible picture and distorted audio. =============================================================================================

LOL, yep apart from those issues, that awesome (just kidding) Killer Queen with band bios is missing for a start (Flix)  but the most important one is Innuendo (Flix II) IMO. I think TATDOOL from Flix III is also missing....there's quite a few more, but that's just from the top of my head just now :)

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These videos are on Flix, Flix II and Flix III respectively, but not on any of the GHV DVDs:

Killer Queen (bios)
Bicycle Race (GHV has "live" version with Debby Harry intro)
Innuendo
Headlong
I'm Going Slightly Mad
The Show Must Go On
Under Pressure (Rah Mix)
Too Much Love Will Kill You
You Dont Fool Me* (released on MIH films DVD)
Heaven For Everyone (Single Version)
Let Me Live * (released on MIH films DVD)
No-one But You
These Are The Days Of Our Lives

So, with the exception of the tracks marked (*), there are several "promos" which have no official DVD release. 

Yes GVH DVDs have a few extras "promos" not on the Flix vids, and the sound/picture quality is obviously superior, but that's far too much Queen film history (esp. Innuendo tracks) not documented on *commercial* DVD, which is pretty poor. 

As a completist it's good to have GVH on DVD, but I think I'd still take the VHS rip any day :)  (But only because I actually have them and the means to transfer them.....I still wouldn't ask for them illegally!

Stormtrooper076 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bought the DVD'S & VHS originally but my VCR isn't that great and I wanted to still watch those VHS and save them on DVD.

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't realize all that was on there... haven't looked at my Flix 1 for years.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote: Didn't realize all that was on there... haven't looked at my Flix 1 for years.
=============================================================================================

Yeah, had to do some double-checking myself.

DJGreg user not visiting Queenzone.com
DJGreg
Bohemian: 121 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 11, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got the Greatest Flix 1997 DVD, LD-rips of GFIII and of Box Of Flix, if you would like to have some of that - reply me in the private message.

Pickles420 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pickles420
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 13, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just got a DVD decrypter, works well for ripping dvd files to common video format like avi, mp4, mov, etc.
http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/rip-dvd-to-avi-mac.html