Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Paul Rodgers + Brian May CD/DVD

forum rss feed
Author

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

News of Paul Rodgers' Montreux concert released on CD and DVD in September, and featuring Brian among others.

In 1993, Paul Rodgers released the acclaimed blues based album Muddy Water Blues (now available on Eagle Records) with contributions from many special guest artists with a shared love for the blues. In July 1994 the tour in support of this album rolled into Montreux. The regular tour band was joined through the evening by a number of special guests to create a typically unique Montreux festival performance including an amazing finale of Hoochie Coochie Man where all the guests join in. As well as tracks from the Muddy Water Blues album there are all the classic tracks that you would expect from across Paul Rodgers highly successful career.

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As well as tracks from the Muddy Water Blues album there are all the classic tracks that you would expect from across Paul Rodgers's career.
Guests during the performance include include Neal Schon, Jason Bonham, Brian May, Steve Lukather, Eddie Kirkland, Sherman Robertson, Luther Allison, Robert Lucas and Kenny Neal.
Paul Rodgers & Friends Live At Montreux 1994 is released on CD and DVD on 12 September.

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And the cover art for both formats.

Attachment: 1131111381313543.jpg 192 KB
This has been downloaded 125 time(s).

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now it's time for all us, Queen fans, to know if QPL will release any Queen 70's concerts. What'd you say about it, Gary?

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back to the topic, thanks for the information, Gary. These are actually good news. Thank you also for functioning as a link between QPL and Queenzone and for doing it in a kind and straightforward way.

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To lostman and flashgordon, you are obviously the same annoying person (among other names you use), that has been hijacking nearly every topic here with your constant demands for a 70's live concert.
If such a project were to happen there would be a press release for it - can you understand that?
And stop sending me PM's and writing emails to me - you are wasting your time and just being deleted.

Val Lurex

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote: To lostman and flashgordon, you are obviously the same annoying person (among other names you use), that has been hijacking nearly every topic here with your constant demands for a 70's live concert.
If such a project were to happen there would be a press release for it - can you understand that?
And stop sending me PM's and writing emails to me - you are wasting your time and just being deleted.

===================================================

Excuse me, but I just came back from holidays on the last week and I don't know who's been posting here asking questions about 70's concerts recently. And no, flashgordon2011 isn't my account. I've been here for more than a year and the only account I've had is Lostman. Everybody knows me as Valery Oganov (which is my real name). If you pay attention at the flashgordon's (and that guy's previous accounts) posts and mine, you'll see that the structure of sentences, the order of words and the English language itself are very different. I just asked a few questions about 70's concerts because I had seen flashgordon's posts and that had made me ask it. But I didn't ask it before. Also, no, I haven't sent you any PMs. I was only sending you some emails a half of year ago. Hope this explains a lot.
Thank you very much for your answer. I'm very sorry if I seemed too annoying whilst was asking those questions. I do really appreciate all your help. Thanks.

Val Lurex

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Val Lurex

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops, sorry for double posts. There's something wrong with QZ today. I just wanted to edit them, but it posted them twice for some reason.

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

didn't realise Brian was on this. did he travel to montreux for a one off?

makes me wonder if the two of them will ever share a stage again....

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 11, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the info, you´re very kind gary!

And for all the people who demand 70´s gigs... gary isn´t a exectuve producer or a member of the band is only a boy who works in the archive... i don´t get the point of ask him for releases...
i wish they release some 70´s gigs,too but anyway i belive this release (Pr+Bm cd/dvd) has nothing to do with QP...

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 11, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is definately not a QPL release, this is a PR release, which I think is cool as shit, I will definately be going for that CD for sure! Thank you GT for making that announcement! Brian, Neal Schon, and Jason Bonham all on the same CD doing some Muddy Water's blues...hells yeah!

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!

Posted: 12 Aug 11, 01:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This performance was on 6 July 1994 and should include the following songs with BM:
A Little Bit Of Love - All Right Now - Crossroads - Hoochie Coochie Man.

This is a Paul Rodgers release with Brian as a guest - not all things that come out are to do with QPL.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 11, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sigh*  i really wish we had mods on this forum.

Killed by drones.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 11, 06:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's morons like flashgordon2011 that keep the band from taking the (online) fan community seriously

tero! 48531 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 737 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 11, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote: It's morons like flashgordon2011 that keep the band from taking the (online) fan community seriously
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The band hasn't taken their fan community seriously for a few decades, so it might be worth wondering which is the cause and which is the effect... It would be (relatively) easy to fix it with a few simple gestures, but is anybody over at QP interested?

Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 11, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know, it's funny, reading alot of these requests for 70's concerts...nobody here on this board really knows what the hell they're going to release yet. Maybe they have plans for something, maybe they don't. Does everyone expect GT to have all the answers? Well, maybe he does and maybe he doesn't. Just sit back and relax...good things come to those who are patient. And if they don't, well, does QPL owe anybody anything? Not last I checked...

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 11, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here are the facts -

Brian has stated that they are working on Rainbow 74.

The BBC broadcast a new QP-approved version of Hammersmith 75 a couple years back.  White Queen, which was omitted from the broadcast, was a bonus track on the Queen II remaster, and it, too, is a new mix.  So it's all there.  All it needs is a package and it's ready to go.

Hyde Park 76 has a brand new sound mix.  The clips in the Days documentary sounded amazing.

The first night at Earls Court was shown at the Stormtroopers exhibition earlier this year, and there was apparently a new stereo mix.  If it sounds anything like '39 (from the second night) on the ANATO remaster, then it is certainly worthy of release.

New camera angles of Houston 77 showed up in the Days documentary.

Most of this news has come within the last few months, so I think it's safe to say good things will soon come.  Complaining won't make them come any faster.  I don't know what else people want the band to indicate to them - they have clearly been busy.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3056 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 11, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anton, I've been trying to help you here and have even had the blessing of some of the people you've been abusive to to do it.  We agreed that you'd leave everyone else alone and stop posting nonsense if I answered sensible questions via PM - I'm ashamed that you have started being a pain in the hoop again, and I will now be campaigning for you to be put away for good.  Why don't you just piss off???

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Val Lurex

Posted: 14 Aug 11, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: Here are the facts -

Brian has stated that they are working on Rainbow 74.

The BBC broadcast a new QP-approved version of Hammersmith 75 a couple years back.  White Queen, which was omitted from the broadcast, was a bonus track on the Queen II remaster, and it, too, is a new mix.  So it's all there.  All it needs is a package and it's ready to go.

Hyde Park 76 has a brand new sound mix.  The clips in the Days documentary sounded amazing.

The first night at Earls Court was shown at the Stormtroopers exhibition earlier this year, and there was apparently a new stereo mix.  If it sounds anything like '39 (from the second night) on the ANATO remaster, then it is certainly worthy of release.

New camera angles of Houston 77 showed up in the Days documentary.

Most of this news has come within the last few months, so I think it's safe to say good things will soon come.  Complaining won't make them come any faster.  I don't know what else people want the band to indicate to them - they have clearly been busy.

=====================================================

It's great to hear this. But two, the most interesting, things which I'm looking forward to see are Rainbow '74 and the second night at the Earls Cour '77. Let's hope for the soon official releases.