Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Wembley DVD opinions?

forum rss feed
Author

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 520 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just thought I'd post a new topic for opinions with it being out today. 

Anyone noticed the mistake on the Friday night DVD menu? It says it's the Saturday night! Thought I'd put the wrong DVD in the player. A schoolboy error QPL!

Bad Seed

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just watched One Vision and TYMD and Freddie is on fire, really incredible. He clearly blew his voice on the first night, he is really going for it. Such a pity they didn't remix the Saturday night, Brian's guitar actually sounds like a guitar.

Dodger Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen on top form,pity the camera work isnt a little better but then again it was only a practice recording not ment for release so cant complain.
 Maybe its just because Iv been spoilt by the Montreal bluray lol :)

Bad Seed

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the guitarist's out there, Brian's solo on WWTLF appears to have been dubbed. He also seems to break a string at the beginning of WWRY and used the Guild for WWRY and FWBF, you don't see him again until GSTQ where he is holding the RS.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3039 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bad Seed wrote: Just thought I'd post a new topic for opinions with it being out today. 

Anyone noticed the mistake on the Friday night DVD menu? It says it's the Saturday night! Thought I'd put the wrong DVD in the player. A schoolboy error QPL! --------------------------------------------

I thought exactly the same!!  it wouldn't be an official Queen product without a stupid error somewhere along the line!

Yes, I agree that Freddie's voice is in far better shape than the Saturday - Who Wants to Live Forever is stunning.

I did also notice something strange in my eyes and ears telling me something wasn't tying up in parts of Brian's solo - the comment regardign this being patched up/overdubbed/replaced makes sense.

I sneaked a couple of tracks of the Saturday night D in this morning too - I know it's not a new mix, but it has been tweaked with some EQ and mastering; both Brian and Roger's backing vocals seem to come across much more prominently, and the whilst the drums levels have been evened up (the top end covering the hi hats and cymbals have been calmed down for the better, and the snare is a little more subdued but still with the 'crack'), the toms (even though those Yamaha's were quite dead sounding anyway) seem to now be missing any natural decay, tuning, tone and ambience. Still, that's to be expected if Justin Shirley-Smith has had his hands on them.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote: Bad Seed wrote: Just thought I'd post a new topic for opinions with it being out today. 

Anyone noticed the mistake on the Friday night DVD menu? It says it's the Saturday night! Thought I'd put the wrong DVD in the player. A schoolboy error QPL! --------------------------------------------

I thought exactly the same!!  it wouldn't be an official Queen product without a stupid error somewhere along the line!

Yes, I agree that Freddie's voice is in far better shape than the Saturday - Who Wants to Live Forever is stunning.

I did also notice something strange in my eyes and ears telling me something wasn't tying up in parts of Brian's solo - the comment regardign this being patched up/overdubbed/replaced makes sense.

I sneaked a couple of tracks of the Saturday night D in this morning too - I know it's not a new mix, but it has been tweaked with some EQ and mastering; both Brian and Roger's backing vocals seem to come across much more prominently, and the whilst the drums levels have been evened up (the top end covering the hi hats and cymbals have been calmed down for the better, and the snare is a little more subdued but still with the 'crack'), the toms (even though those Yamaha's were quite dead sounding anyway) seem to now be missing any natural decay, tuning, tone and ambience. Still, that's to be expected if Justin Shirley-Smith has had his hands on them.
=========

Thanks for the review. Just listened to the guitar solo from the audience recording on youtube. Brian indeed makes a few annoying mistakes that are quite hard the replace or correct. This could be nice to figure out what was replaced and where it came from. Perhaps another show from the Magic Tour????  Something for Sir GH, Lostman or Gregsynth I guess

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2237 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You LUCKY people!
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.... :(

Bad Seed

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its possibly just a little studio trickery after listening again. Not had time to A/B it with anything yet.

Anyway, very pleased with the Friday night finally getting a release, its a far better show than the 2nd night IMO. 

I watched the 2003 DVD the other week and was shocked at how bad the picture quality was. Don't know if it's just my imagination but this new release does seem to have better picture quality.

Not so great extras and no new mix for the Sat night are the let down's.

drjones user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Friday night gig is superb ! i really enjoyed it.

Shame that they didnt have Freddie/Roger/Brian or John cam as an extra but hey ho im happy !

all your love tonight.......
jondickens1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely stunning!!! Friday nights show beat Saturday nights show by a mile!!!! I bought it today,but can anyone tell me how i can get hold of a cd for this night?

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone uploaded some of Friday night on youtube?

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
bootLuca user is on Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1186 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jondickens1 wrote: Absolutely stunning!!! Friday nights show beat Saturday nights show by a mile!!!! I bought it today,but can anyone tell me how i can get hold of a cd for this night?

You can rip the audio from the dvd with "DVD Audio Extractor"...

koldweather123 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TYMD is immense, SO much energy, esp in the first minute!

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 11, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bad Seed wrote: Just thought I'd post a new topic for opinions with it being out today. 

Anyone noticed the mistake on the Friday night DVD menu? It says it's the Saturday night! Thought I'd put the wrong DVD in the player. A schoolboy error QPL!
--------
If there isn´t any error isn´t a QPL release...

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
c-lebrity94 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3720401

helo dear friends)))
plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I ordered mine yesterday and so hopefully by the weekend i shall be able to enjoy it

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Got the DVD today and I'm pleased with the other concert. The friday concert is actually much better than the day after. It's nice to have this too. I'm only very disapponted about the project itself that could have been great.

-The image/picture quality is crap; To me it looks watching an old VHS transfer. I'm quite sure QP transferred the friday concert from an old spare copy or so as this is NOT the mastertape. Also it looks like they did not restore anything from the image. Grainey lines and dust on the images.  Probably the money and time that was needed from QP to tranfer the old mastertapes did not convinced them to do it.. So that feels a bit like a rip off.

- The musicmix is great and well balanced. Good job! John is very clear in the mix.
- The menu's are great, though a unprofessional attitude, like we seen before, caused the painful mistake with the date on the Friday disc
- Extra's are not so good. Just the old known videos. Though there are some new parts like the afterparty with Freddie and Samantha Fox singing TF. But no new interviews. Just outtakes from the Days of our Lives doc that we probably see on the forthcoming DVD.

I'll rate it with a 6. It could have been so much better in my opinion.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
queen79luca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuck!

In my country the Dvd will be released on Friday....can t wait!

Can someone upload on you tube at least the first 2 songs?

Thanks

Raffy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Raffy
Bohemian: 444 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen79luca wrote: Fuck!

Thanks

Yes... sadly my dvd will arrive the next week on tuesday :(
It would be great to see at least a small part of the friday concert on youtube... anybody could help us?!?

LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen79luca wrote: Fuck!

Thanks

Diamine, ecco perché non l'ho trovato!