Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What would our dear Freddie look like on his 65th birthday?

forum rss feed
Author

AKOM76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
AKOM76
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Our dear Freddie should have been able to join his family friends and fans for a big knees up on his birthday but sadly he couldnt, although he was around im sure. I'm wondering if anyone has ever made a photo manip of how Freddie would look today if he were still with us? Here is my idea.

Happy Birthday, Fred.

Attachment: 1133061165509944.jpg 565 KB
This has been downloaded 918 time(s).

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is that Freddie Walnuts from The Sopranos?

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3057 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm no use with photoshop or anything like that, but I don't think Freddie would have looked anything like that at all.  Don't know if you ever noticed just how thin Freddie's hair was getting (before his illness started affecting his features)???  I think he would have been plumper, quite a bit wrinklier, shaven head and full beard like he had in the later 80s.  Only Gray :)  I also think that as dentistry became far more advanced, he may have eventually had something done there, too.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
alaynasusan user not visiting Queenzone.com
alaynasusan
Champion: 69 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I honestly can't see him ever having fixed his teeth. I think past a certain point he would have noticed his teeth were almost as legendary as his voice. I also can't see the shaven head, but who knows, if he had gone bald he wouldn't have had much of a choice. When I hear his birthday mentioned every year I often wonder what he would've looked like.

I wonder if he ever would've gotten plastic surgery like a few aging rockers have.

"A lot of people call this song Spread Your Legs. It started off being called Spread Your Wings, but you can call it what you'd like." -Freddie Mercury
AKOM76

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really doubt he would have done anything with his teeth, did he not once say that he would be scared to alter his teeth in case he lost his vocal range or something like that; sure I read that somewhere. Would he have had cosmetic surgery elsewhere? I really dont know; I cant see him going "michael jackson" or if he was losing his hair "Elton John".

I just thought that he would age in the same we David Essex has (google: David Essex 2011)

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have some theories on what he would've looked like.

Also - he wouldn't have gotten his teeth fixed.  He didn't have to.  They didn't stop him from having more sex than the entire African continent, or making more money than God.  When you're that successful, you should keep your munted teeth just to say 'fuck you' to anyone who thinks they need fixing! :D

Attachment: 11270727529441.jpg 206 KB
This has been downloaded 588 time(s).

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
freddiefan91 user not visiting Queenzone.com
freddiefan91
Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His teeth were part of his character and he was pretty gorgeous as well and i think he would of grown old gracefully without plastic surgery, he didnt need it anyway and he would not of gotten fat, he always kept himself trim

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AKOM76 wrote: Our dear Freddie should have been able to join his family friends and fans for a big knees up on his birthday but sadly he couldnt, although he was around im sure. I'm wondering if anyone has ever made a photo manip of how Freddie would look today if he were still with us? Here is my idea.

Happy Birthday, Fred.
=======

That picture is quite optimistic. I think Freddie would be pretty much be bold these days.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
AKOM76

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Photobucket

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He'd have porked out a bit, for sure.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AKOM76 wrote:
======

That one is rather good. Like it.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not entirely unlike this, I think:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lzCK2I6M5N4/TiMv8ppq9JI/AAAAAAAAFqM/oi2fVig6oUg/s1600/Dc1.jpg

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He had started to lose his hair (take a look at Live Aid video), so I think he would be quite bald now

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have just realised that the picture I painted earlier was actually reminiscent of how Billy Joel actually looks today lol.  Yep, those features but with Freddie's face :)

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it'd be impossible to say - but i do know what he probably looks like

http://www.beautywillriseministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ashes.jpg

go deo na hÉireann
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote: it'd be impossible to say - but i do know what he probably looks like

http://www.beautywillriseministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ashes.jpg =============================================================================================

You are one real sick MOFO.  True, though, and quite funny as well :)

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's aged very gracefully.  Hasn't changed in 20 years.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2808 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQuinn wrote: Not entirely unlike this, I think:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lzCK2I6M5N4/TiMv8ppq9JI/AAAAAAAAFqM/oi2fVig6oUg/s1600/Dc1.jpg

LOL.... Charlie Chaplin in "A KING IN NEW YORK".... what a great, bitter film. It's a shame he had to make A Countess From Hong Kong with Brando. Doing everything himself would have been much better.

That said, he doesn't look much like Freddie. Well, **except for the pose... he's "King Shadov" [as in SOD OFF]" performing HAMLET in that scene.

I think Freddie would have been a porker by now. (as in fat) .... probably like Elton John.

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2808 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AKOM76 wrote: Our dear Freddie should have been able to join his family friends and fans for a big knees up on his birthday but sadly he couldnt, although he was around im sure. I'm wondering if anyone has ever made a photo manip of how Freddie would look today if he were still with us? Here is my idea.

Happy Birthday, Fred.

Not bad. Kinda like an aging Indian guy. I can see him pulling off that look. Just without the T Shirts.... he would have surely ugraded to something more "glamorous". (his word not mine)

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 11, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote: I have some theories on what he would've looked like.

Also - he wouldn't have gotten his teeth fixed.  He didn't have to.  They didn't stop him from having more sex than the entire African continent, or making more money than God.  When you're that successful, you should keep your munted teeth just to say 'fuck you' to anyone who thinks they need fixing! :D
------------------------------------------------------------
Spot On. :P

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!