Forums > Personal > Queenzoner face associations???

forum rss feed
Author

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know if it's just me, but when I'm on QZ, I "visualise" who I'm talking to.  It could be a face I've imagined and put to a user, or I could associate them with a famous person.  For example, I've been talking a lot with Microwave today, and everytime I do so, I see Robert Englund for some reason (not as Freddy Krueger, btw lol) and when I talk to Gregsynth, I picture Liam Gallagher.  SirGH seems to be "Edge" from WWE for whatever reason and Fatty is also from WWE....Paul Bearer haha.  GratefulFan I picture to look like a girl I used to work with, and JSS actually looks exactly how I pictured :). Finally, and this is the best - Lostman = Freddie Mercury (70s).  Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?  If not, who do you "see" when you're talking on QZ??

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 11, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is so not fair!  Everybody else gets to look like somebody famous and I get to look like some mysterious girl you used to work with.  She better be cute!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see one guy with 18 computers, doing a lot of signing in and signing out.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote: I see one guy with 18 computers, doing a lot of signing in and signing out.
----------------------------------------
If i've taken that in the right context, then that was very funny. Either way you managed to me laugh out loud, and I'm only up 5 minutes. :L

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Btw, Anton I imagine as the real - life Angry German Kid. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs&feature=fvst

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha ha, thanks mate :) I am long-haired Freddie!

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote: That is so not fair!  Everybody else gets to look like somebody famous and I get to look like some mysterious girl you used to work with.  She better be cute! =============================================================================================

She was damn cute!!!  :)

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In my mind, everyone is wearing their national dress as they type, so Thistleboy is a ginger haired piece of shortbread in a kilt, Grateful Fan is in full ice hockey gear, including skates, all American queenzoners have to put down their rifles to type, and Irish queenzoners are lying unconscious over the keyboard with an empty bottle of Bushmills on their lap.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's the internet. 

I picture everyone in their underwear, in front of their web cams.

You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: In my mind, everyone is wearing their national dress as they type, so Thistleboy is a ginger haired piece of shortbread in a kilt, Grateful Fan is in full ice hockey gear, including skates, all American queenzoners have to put down their rifles to type, and Irish queenzoners are lying unconscious over the keyboard with an empty bottle of Bushmills on their lap. =============================================================================================

The Irish wouldn't be unconscious....they'd be rioting and trying to loot ebay.

GratefulFan

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote:

She was damn cute!!!  :)

============================

Alright then.  Carry on. :)

And I DO NOT POST IN FULL HOCKEY GEAR!  That is ridiculous.  I obviously have to take my gloves off.   Jeez.  Irishmen.

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote: Holly2003 wrote: In my mind, everyone is wearing their national dress as they type, so Thistleboy is a ginger haired piece of shortbread in a kilt, Grateful Fan is in full ice hockey gear, including skates, all American queenzoners have to put down their rifles to type, and Irish queenzoners are lying unconscious over the keyboard with an empty bottle of Bushmills on their lap. =============================================================================================

The Irish wouldn't be unconscious....they'd be rioting and trying to loot ebay.
==============================================================================
All I'm saying is that whenever I'm in Scotland I always use the stairs, and for good reason:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3792109/Brother-and-sister-in-lift-sex.html

From the looks of those two, this isn't the first time members of their family have been at it ...

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
GratefulFan

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bah.  The Irish always use the stairs anyway, though it's usually got to do with being so drunk they've set the place on fire. :P

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote: Bah.  The Irish always use the stairs anyway, though it's usually got to do with being so drunk they've set the place on fire. :P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlike Canada, we have buildings big enough to require stairs. :p

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: In my mind, everyone is wearing their national dress as they type, so Thistleboy is a ginger haired piece of shortbread in a kilt, Grateful Fan is in full ice hockey gear, including skates, all American queenzoners have to put down their rifles to type, and Irish queenzoners are lying unconscious over the keyboard with an empty bottle of Bushmills on their lap.
=============================================================================================

I'm Mexican-American and trust me, there is a big difference between an Anglo-American and a Mexican-American.

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

greaserkat wrote: Holly2003 wrote: In my mind, everyone is wearing their national dress as they type, so Thistleboy is a ginger haired piece of shortbread in a kilt, Grateful Fan is in full ice hockey gear, including skates, all American queenzoners have to put down their rifles to type, and Irish queenzoners are lying unconscious over the keyboard with an empty bottle of Bushmills on their lap.
=============================================================================================

I'm Mexican-American and trust me, there is a big difference between an Anglo-American and a Mexican-American. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have more guns?

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote: greaserkat wrote: Holly2003 wrote: In my mind, everyone is wearing their national dress as they type, so Thistleboy is a ginger haired piece of shortbread in a kilt, Grateful Fan is in full ice hockey gear, including skates, all American queenzoners have to put down their rifles to type, and Irish queenzoners are lying unconscious over the keyboard with an empty bottle of Bushmills on their lap.

I'm Mexican-American and trust me, there is a big difference between an Anglo-American and a Mexican-American. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have more guns?

Yup, many of the ones that were sold to Mexico by the US government illegally.

On a serious note, the only gun I've ever owned is a BB rifle and I can hit the head of a pin 50 feet away!!

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

All I'm saying is that whenever I'm in Scotland I always use the stairs, and for good reason:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3792109/Brother-and-sister-in-lift-sex.html
============================================================================================
Yuck, that's sick.

GratefulFan

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sniff.  Arenas are big.  Arenas do so have stairs Holly2003.  And there's this one other thing where we watch for boats and shifty Americans that has three or four stairs too. Maybe even five. So there. Sniff. Sniccup. :'(

GratefulFan

Posted: 07 Sep 11, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistleboy 1980 wrote:

Yuck, that's sick.
==========================

In all fairness, it seems like progress of a sort.  Both of those people look like either one of their parents could have spent it's whole life grazing in between shearings.