Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > 2011 Japan and EU Remasters question (deluxe edition)

forum rss feed
Author

RadekQ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 11, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Today I was going to buy some 2011 remasters (deluxe ed.)... To my surprise, I noticed, that shop offers Japan and EU versions (Japan were a little bit more expensive) and I bought... nothing. Being a purist, first I would like to know, if those versions (Japan and EU) are EXACTLY the same (in case of audio, of course!)? I do not want to buy both... so I have to know, which one is better.
Thanks for any advice.

cmi user is on Queenzone.com
cmi
Bohemian: 642 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 11, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Audio on both EU and Japan editions is identical (as well as with USA editions). The main difference between both that EU deluxes packed in super jewel cases and Japanese ones in good-old classic jewel cases. Of course Japanese editons as always has addition inserts and higher quality CDs itself.

Posted: 10 Sep 11, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for your reply.

Posted: 10 Sep 11, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, one more thiing - does it also apply to Greatest Hits I-III albums (2011) too? Are they all the same (Jap, EU, USA)?

cmi

Posted: 10 Sep 11, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you mean 2011 editions than yes, they are the same.

eYe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 382 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 11, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, the japanese GH I, II & III have bonus tracks: Teo Toriatte, I Was Born To Love You & Thank God It's Chritsmas.

I ripped both the standard CD and the japanese SHM with EAC in secure mode: they are not bit-identical, but do sound exactly equal to me.

cmi

Posted: 11 Sep 11, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, you're right. I forgot about bonus tracks, bacause I talked about the sound. And Greatest Hits III has the same bonus track as european version so it's the same in Europe and Japan at 100%.