Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > WEMBELY friday night (new dvd)

forum rss feed
Author

Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 11, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the new release from the firday night and some questions rise while watching :

1 Was this recored with different camera's as the next night : this because the overall picture looks very grainy to me , or wasn;t this one not remastered as the next night was. Or was it because of the rain.

2 Some shots are out of focus... why ? Couldn;t they use anther angle ?

3 There is some glitch before tutti frutti is this the layer change ? Or is my copy damaged ?

4 Are there any overdubs ?

5 Some tracks from the firday show , appeared on the previous wembley release, is this the same editing ? Or are there new camera angles on these songs ?

thank you for your contrubution on this topic ! I hope to reward the contributons with new shares very soon !

Cheers

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 11, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can only answer 4.

There's a guitar overdub just before Brian's solo in Who Wants To Live Forever... and I think that's it !


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3668 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 11, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For someone with 226 posts you are a bit out of the loop arent you?

Isle0fRed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 11, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ghostwithasmile wrote: I watched the new release from the firday night and some questions rise while watching :

1 Was this recored with different camera's as the next night : this because the overall picture looks very grainy to me , or wasn;t this one not remastered as the next night was. Or was it because of the rain.

2 Some shots are out of focus... why ? Couldn;t they use anther angle ?

3 There is some glitch before tutti frutti is this the layer change ? Or is my copy damaged ?

4 Are there any overdubs ?

5 Some tracks from the firday show , appeared on the previous wembley release, is this the same editing ? Or are there new camera angles on these songs ?

thank you for your contrubution on this topic ! I hope to reward the contributons with new shares very soon !

Cheers
1. All camera give out noise (grain). Even more so in lower light situations. Also the cameras, lens and stock used would also play a role in how much is present.

2. Those camera used are manual focus. Even if autofocus are present on the cameras used during the show, they would of been turned off. It is somewhat a crime to use autofocus in film, tv or video as its the camera making the decisioned and not the man.

3. Cannot answer that due to not owning the dvd.

4. The Friday night concert bootleg is online, either download it from here or watch it on youtube then compare it to the official release.

5. What? That is some pretty poor wording, please elaborate.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 11, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it was worded just fine.  He's asking if anyone has compared the 4 songs from the Friday show on the 2003 Wembley DVD with the new one, to see if they used the same camera angles.

I haven't done an A/B comparison, so I can't answer just yet.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 11, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote: For someone with 226 posts you are a bit out of the loop arent you?

>>>

I don;t understand your point... I am on queenzone since 1999 with various nicknames...

queen79luca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 11, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally about 11-7-86 I like the cam of Roger for the first songs...it gives me real the impression of how phisycal must be for him..

You really realize...

After 4 some reason the camera men went behind him and it becomes VERY boring.

Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 11, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH wrote: I can only answer 4.

There's a guitar overdub just before Brian's solo in Who Wants To Live Forever... and I think that's it !

>>>

Yes SirGh is correct , this is my question indeed !

DrumBrother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 11, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm delighted with the Friday night release as I was at that night. The problem I have is after buying the 2dvd & 2cd set....why did they give us the Saturday night on cd again. I already have the vinyl, the cassette, the cd and the dvd. Why not give us the audio of the friday night instead. To listen to same anywhere other than my living room, I now must break the law and rip the audio from the dvd.

Echosun1979 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 30 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 11, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

can anyone please PM me a link to download the friday show?.. I refuse to part with another £15 for the same dvd again.