Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Tokyo nov 1982 official release

forum rss feed
Author

Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 11, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a question concerning all the official releases of the tokyo november 1982 show. I speak of versions like : the NTSC video, the bonus track on MK dvd, the release from the bonus 2011 remasters :

My question is : when listening to these songs there is some kind of reverb , like an echo... a friend of mine told me , that this sound effect is possible due to the cold ? Is this true , and why is this effect happening ?

Watching the video , sure it was cold in tokyo at that time... but does this really create such an effect, or was it just poor recording at the time ?

Though I have to say , I love this show... shouwld have been complete...

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 11, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if they can make the whole thing sound as good as the bonus tracks on the new Hot Space....I'll be the first in line to buy it

Mr. Bulsara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 11, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Me too. IĀ prefere a thousands times more the tokyo show instead of Milton Keyenes. And now there is a lot of songs we could make a definitive editoin of this show. Like mr. GH made with the Rock in Rio 25 th anniversary.
What do you think Mr. GH?
Cheers

André Bulsara
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 11, 23:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to, but such a share would be about 75% official material (at least half of which remains available to buy).Ā  I don't think there's any wiggle room to make that one happen..

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca