Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What's gonna be the next concert released on DVD?

forum rss feed
Author

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 11, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now we've all seen the complete Friday gig at Wembley. Will it be the end of releasing concerts or something more interesting is yet to come? What are your opinions folks? Personally I'm expecting to see something like Rainbow 1974 or Budapest 1986 (just as it all has been promised to be released). What do you think?

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
Kevinrm15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 11, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Next year will be the re-issue of Live Killers.  We will finally know which show each song and speech comes from.  Hopefully we can get a complete Paris DVD in the re-issue.  I can see them re-issuing Milton Keynes adding the entire Tokyo show.  Then maybe they'll roll out Rainbow, Hammersmith, and Budapest.

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 11, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Days Of Our Lives
Live Killers (with Paris '79 DVD)
Montreal (again, with Live Aid)
Milton Keynes '82 (with Tokyo '82 DVD)
Rio '85 (with either the complete show or unbroasdcast tracks)
Rainbow '74
Hammersmith '75
Budapest '86 (3D)

Montreal, MK and Rio are an *ahem* stab-in-the-dark shot, but the others will happen.  DOOL for xmas this year, Live Killers 2012, Rainbow '74 for xmas 2012 and probably the other 2 (Budapest and Hammy) in 2013.  I don't think they will release the vintage shows in anniversary-type fashion.

But wouldn't it be great if......

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 11, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm hoping for a full version of Montreal, both nights, on DVD, and CD, all the available material from those 2 concerts into one package of four or five CDs and 2 DVDs.

Any way the wind blows...
jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 11, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm hoping for Hammersmith '79 or Hyde Park.. both of which are great shows and look great in high quality.

I doubt they'll release Paris '79 or Tokyo '82... Freddie didn't sound very good at those too gigs.. especially the latter one. (Just listen to Play the Game or Body Language lol) :)

I'd be happy with anything from the 70's though as it would really be a breakthru (pardon the pun).

If I had to choose another 80's concert to be released it would be the first Rock in Rio '85 in complete.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jamster1111 wrote: I'm hoping for Hammersmith '79 or Hyde Park.. both of which are great shows and look great in high quality.

I doubt they'll release Paris '79 or Tokyo '82... Freddie didn't sound very good at those too gigs.. especially the latter one. (Just listen to Play the Game or Body Language lol) :)

I'd be happy with anything from the 70's though as it would really be a breakthru (pardon the pun).

If I had to choose another 80's concert to be released it would be the first Rock in Rio '85 in complete.
-----------------
I´m hoping for these too! but sadly knowing QP as i know them the next release will be "Queen extravaganza on tour"

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
Bo Rhap user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Rhap
Bohemian: 534 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Be careful what you wish for .....

You might not get it.

I never forget a face,

but in your case i'll be glad to

make an exception-Groucho Marx
rocknrolllover user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hangman
rocknrolllover
Deity: 2576 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Given that  Queen came under the wing of a new record company, this year and early next I think will be dedicated  to reissue  the catalog under a new label. Queen  did reissue  studio albums, we also seen  reissue concert at Wembley Stadium with unexpected perfect complement of concert that was previously as a bonus. . If  follow the line with a new rule next  release which we  can expect will be   anything, such as Rock Montreal, concerning   bonus I hadn`t thought of what might be, but hardly anything from the era of 70th

I've got the power to love to live

I can't say it ain't right
Val Lurex

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MadTheSwine73 wrote: I'm hoping for a full version of Montreal, both nights, on DVD, and CD, all the available material from those 2 concerts into one package of four or five CDs and 2 DVDs.
==================================================

Impossible. Everthing they had cut from both nights on video was discarded and destroyed from the archives.

Val Lurex

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good point about Paris '79 and Tokyo '82. I'm also hoping they'll release them. I've always dreamt to see complete Paris '79 on video.

Kniggit user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kniggit
Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My guess is that Hammersmith 79 will be released as a bonus to the Live Killers remaster. And a sweet bonus that would be....

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I'll pass on Tokyo '82. I'm not a huge fan of Freddie squealing to 7th octave notes.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
gatto user not visiting Queenzone.com
gatto
Champion: 93 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With regard to the upcoming releases does not preclude a full version of the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, next year marks 20 years that show. I think that is a plus to the other two promisedRainbow and Budapest.

MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lostman wrote: MadTheSwine73 wrote: I'm hoping for a full version of Montreal, both nights, on DVD, and CD, all the available material from those 2 concerts into one package of four or five CDs and 2 DVDs.
==================================================

Impossible. Everthing they had cut from both nights on video was discarded and destroyed from the archives.

=============================================================================

Well then. That sucks.

Any way the wind blows...
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 11, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gatto wrote: With regard to the upcoming releases does not preclude a full version of the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, next year marks 20 years that show. I think that is a plus to the other two promisedRainbow and Budapest.
-----
i remember Brian said they hasn´t any plan of release the Tribute show cause of  the royalties....
And about paris... i belive (and hope) they have the 3 nights in the archive, i belive they could do some with it... for example choise the goods performances of each song at each night and do a kind of "mix"...
anyway i think a dvd of the whole live killers tour with the footage available would be great...
they could choise the better perfomance of each song in each gig with footage available in the archives and do a more than decent job... i know live killer tour maybe isn´t the best but is one of the better documented tours (along with the magic tour)

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 11, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm crossing my fingers for the Wembley '86 show!

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Michael user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 11, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of the old ones "remasterd", with "extras" - mark my words.

Kevinrm15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 11, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see us getting a few bonus tracks from Hyde Park on the Hammersmith DVD.  But unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get to see the complete show.

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2149 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 11, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So many things that need releasing o_o. Hammersmith would've been fitting for a late 2011 release (and it being broadcast with DOOL gave me a flicker of hope) but that's a missed opportunity now. I wouldn't expect anything new from them soon.

YAFF user not visiting Queenzone.com
YAFF
Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 11, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone have soundscan stats on Queen? I'm especially curious how many units projects like "Rock Montreal" and "On Fire" have been sold to date in the states. CD and DVD. They don't even chart so I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to release anything here Live-wise other than "Live Killers" and some unreleased 70s shows. Altough I prefer post-A Night At The Opera Queen (minority here?) I really wouldn't purchase anymore shows post The Gam toure. "Budapest" would be pointless in the states (not proud of this mind you)