Forums > Personal > This Kid Can Sing - Cover of Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy

forum rss feed
Author

God Old-Fashioned Lover Girl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 11, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So this kid (Drake Bell) is suppose to just be another teen star (well actually he is 25) but he grew up on Nick kids channel and he is a fully grown rock star in the making.

He has just about to go on a tour of the East Coast at the end of October dates etc are on his website www.drakebell.com and on his youtube account he posted a promote for the tour covering Queen's amazing "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" on the piano, I think his cover is pretty amazing what do you guys think? Certainly not just a teen star huh? this kid can play and sing.

Drake  is a huge Queen fan and his stuff is a mix between then, jellyfish, beach boys, beatles etc. Check out the cover and his original stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpMqbCm_k0g&feature=youtu.be

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 11, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My advice to you is not to use such a crappy video filter, it makes you look pretentious.  Just let the music do the talking next time.  Good luck to you.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18629 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 11, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great voice.

And nice to see Jellyfish mentioned.  They are one of the great 90s bands that just about nobody has heard of.  Brilliant songwriting.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
God Old-Fashioned Lover Girl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 11, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really love Jellyfish too, they were so under-rated, amazing musicians and great records

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3053 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 11, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't really keen on this cover, nor the voice - but that's just my opinion.  Best of luck!

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was alright.. I don't like the way he slides to the higher notes. It makes it sounds as if he's not able to control his voice.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)