Forums > Queen - General Discussion > 'Famous' album tracks

forum rss feed
Author

Queen1973 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen1973
Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 11, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liar, White Queen, Brighton Rock, In the lap of the gods, Im in love with my car, Death on 2 legs, Teo torriate, Its late, My melancholy blues, Sheer heart attack, Mustapha, Dreamers Ball, Dragon Attack, Staying Power, Is this the worls we created, Bijou, I think thats about it.

ride the vision

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1128 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 11, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Killer Queen and Bohemian Rhapsoday are but a few of many really famous album tracks.

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
liam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 11, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think there are any real famous album tracks that non queen fans know. Maybe I'm in love with my car because that was on an RAC advert over here in Australia. In Western Australia at least anyway.

Go, Go, Go, little queenie!!
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

liam wrote: I don't think there are any real famous album tracks that non queen fans know. Maybe I'm in love with my car because that was on an RAC advert over here in Australia. In Western Australia at least anyway.

What?? almost all the people know the "stomp stom clap" of "We Will Rock You" Or at least the "Operetta" section of "Bohemian Rhapsody"... Another One Bites the Dust... Under Pressure... at least these Bass Riffs are very famous too....

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well, yesterday i played 'i want it all' to my 5th grade school class. nearly everybody knew this song. so i wouldn't say that the common people don't know queen-tracks anymore.

prince[tOM]
ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1021 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What?? almost all the people know the "stomp stom clap" of "We Will Rock You" Or at least the "Operetta" section of "Bohemian Rhapsody"... Another One Bites the Dust... Under Pressure... at least these Bass Riffs are very famous too....

I think "album tracks" means "songs that wasn't singles".

Most people haven't heard the other songs. Maybe they could recognize "I'm in Love with my Car" and "Love of my Life"...?

Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The most famous songs that wern't hits are Keep yourself Alive,  Tie your mother down was only a minor hit, but still famous....Sheer Heart attack... I heard Dragon attack On the radio the other day, and most rock fans Heard that one....,  any maybe I'm In love With My Car.  .In America,  The Show must Go On was never a hit, but it seems to be pretty famous...maybe American Idol has something to do with that.....And of course Stoned cold Crazy...Metallica made that one more famous.

Flash Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flash Jazz
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If the show must go on was released after Freddie died I think it would have been a bigger hit :p

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3665 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"What?? almost all the people know the "stomp stom clap" of "We Will Rock You" Or at least the "Operetta" section of "Bohemian Rhapsody"... Another One Bites the Dust... Under Pressure... at least these Bass Riffs are very famous too.... "

ALBUM tracks.. durr.......

liam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Non singles of course

Go, Go, Go, little queenie!!
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 11, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ITSM wrote:

I think "album tracks" means "songs that wasn't singles".

Most people haven't heard the other songs. Maybe they could recognize "I'm in Love with my Car" and "Love of my Life"...?

Ha ha i already got it! (with delay...) Well... Love of my life is very know in Argentine, but it was a "live" single here so i don´t know if it counts...  Stone cold crazy maybe...

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3665 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 11, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

None of them tbh.. ask the average man in the street which non greatest hits tracks he likes and he will be scratching his head