Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Roger Taylor - Special For Italy, 1977 (BBC7) with a rare interview

forum rss feed
Author

Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Oct 11, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I put the Special for Italy of 1977 on youtube! :-)

Special recorded for BBC7 in Italy and broadcasted by italian local tv in 1977. Interview with Roger promoting Queen and a hypothetical show. Show that will be done onlye 7 year after, in 1984. Shared by Leonardo Pelz (Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R.), me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH0oXXlGpCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBpgl5g6JU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChMhY15cvQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnaaNYSAgwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZPXJZBcPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLl8xpUu5vw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlsuHt1zKmI


You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very interesting that the Rainbow footage of Now I'm Here was shown on TV as early as 1977 !


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Sir GH wrote: Very interesting that the Rainbow footage of Now I'm Here was shown on TV as early as 1977 !


Yes I thought the same when I first saw... expecially because it comes from the MARCH show... :-)


You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually wrote that comment after watching the Now I'm Here video !

I'm even MORE surprised that the 3-31-74 footage was shown on TV.  But the footage has to come from somewhere, right? :-)


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Sir GH wrote: I actually wrote that comment after watching the Now I'm Here video !

I'm even MORE surprised that the 3-31-74 footage was shown on TV.  But the footage has to come from somewhere, right? :-)


Yes, I'm pretty sure that Roger brought with him a cassette with all this stuff for promoting Queen in Italy... but the promotion didn't work out... :-)


You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha, well at least not until 1984.

The truth is, concerts in Italy were rare in the 70s.  After the riots at the Led Zeppelin show in Milan in 1971, I don't think they had any big rock concerts in Italy until the 80s.

So it's not that Queen weren't popular there.  It's just that the Zeppelin show got very bad press, so there weren't any promoters who wanted to take the financial risks on big bands.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Crazy_Nights92 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLm6g7d1NOU&feature=related
where from this rare footage?..didn't see some moments of it in BBC documentary

Crazy_Nights92 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLm6g7d1NOU&feature=channel_video_title
where from this rare footage?..didn't see some moments of it in BBC documentary

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Could you please upload the "raw" (meaning "pre-YouTube") Son And Daughter clip here ? Thanks

Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote: Could you please upload the "raw" (meaning "pre-YouTube") Son And Daughter clip here ? Thanks


It's not really that much better than what you see on youtube... But (as I got other requestes) I'll do it! :-)

Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R.


You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 03:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Sir GH wrote: Ha, well at least not until 1984.

The truth is, concerts in Italy were rare in the 70s.  After the riots at the Led Zeppelin show in Milan in 1971, I don't think they had any big rock concerts in Italy until the 80s.

So it's not that Queen weren't popular there.  It's just that the Zeppelin show got very bad press, so there weren't any promoters who wanted to take the financial risks on big bands.

Yes, and there was a sort of civil war in the 70ies here... It was a big risk... not only Led Zep but also Joan Baez got big problems over here.. :-(


You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 03:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Crazy_Nights92 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLm6g7d1NOU&feature=channel_video_title
where from this rare footage?..didn't see some moments of it in BBC documentary


It was shown at the Stormtroopers in stilettos exhibition in London this february...


You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote: Could you please upload the "raw" (meaning "pre-YouTube") Son And Daughter clip here ? Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What he means is, would you mind uploading ALL of it here as mpeg2 (DVD) from your orignal recording please?
Thank you :)

Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 204 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



brians wig wrote:


pittrek wrote: Could you please upload the "raw" (meaning "pre-YouTube") Son And Daughter clip here ? Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What he means is, would you mind uploading ALL of it here as mpeg2 (DVD) from your orignal recording please?
Thank you :)


I did understand, thanks! :-) But it's not much better as youtube no longer ruins the quality of the video you're uploading... :-)


You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says: I've just whipped you ass!!

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2239 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 11, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. wrote:
brians wig wrote:


pittrek wrote: Could you please upload the "raw" (meaning "pre-YouTube") Son And Daughter clip here ? Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What he means is, would you mind uploading ALL of it here as mpeg2 (DVD) from your orignal recording please?
Thank you :)


I did understand, thanks! :-) But it's not much better as youtube no longer ruins the quality of the video you're uploading... :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well. I  have to disagree with that.
Firstly you lose the interlacing of the picture and so everything looks like it was shot on film, and secondly, you STILL lose quality and you can see artefacting. Try watching even the highest quality youtube clips on a television set, and you'll see.
There also isn't a 576 option. The nearest in 480, which might be fine for NTSC sourced material, but not for PAL.
Italy does/did broadcast in PAL didn't/doesn't it....?

I understand it may be a hassle, but maybe you could at least send the whole programme to Pittrek in DVD format and he could share it here for us?
Thanks

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Oct 11, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



brians wig wrote:


Stone Cold Leo'82 B.R. wrote:
brians wig wrote:


pittrek wrote: Could you please upload the "raw" (meaning "pre-YouTube") Son And Daughter clip here ? Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What he means is, would you mind uploading ALL of it here as mpeg2 (DVD) from your orignal recording please?
Thank you :)


I did understand, thanks! :-) But it's not much better as youtube no longer ruins the quality of the video you're uploading... :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well. I  have to disagree with that.
Firstly you lose the interlacing of the picture and so everything looks like it was shot on film, and secondly, you STILL lose quality and you can see artefacting. Try watching even the highest quality youtube clips on a television set, and you'll see.
There also isn't a 576 option. The nearest in 480, which might be fine for NTSC sourced material, but not for PAL.
Italy does/did broadcast in PAL didn't/doesn't it....?

I understand it may be a hassle, but maybe you could at least send the whole programme to Pittrek in DVD format and he could share it here for us?
Thanks


Actually the Rainbow March footage was shot on film, but the TV broadcast was of course on PAL video, I agree with the rest.

Leo - the reason why I asked for the "pre-youtube" version is that I think the video is a good candidate for a NeatVideo cleanup + a little colour correction and it's always a good idea to work with the best available source :)

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Oct 11, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And I could join it with my currently best version of Son And Daughter

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Oct 11, 01:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"It's not really that much better than what you see on youtube... But (as I got other requestes) I'll do it! :-)"

You're kidding, right? YouTube adds a lot of compression garbage onto the video just to make it streamable!