Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Days of our lives dvd released on 28th November

forum rss feed
Author

plumrach user not visiting Queenzone.com
plumrach
Bohemian: 716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 11, 05:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cant wait for that

on brians page there is a shot of the cover of the dvd

http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

Hang On In There user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 11, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

disappointed there's more on the BLU-RAY than the DVD - I know I'll just have to buy a player - but it is nearly an hour more!

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2709 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 11, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think all we will be able to get both versions from the Internet, and so we're gonna see all bonus material we want.


"I really feel like being evil tonight."
malicedoom user not visiting Queenzone.com
malicedoom
Bohemian: 697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Oct 11, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whoa... the Blu-ray has 57 more minutes of footage compared to the DVD?!?


"I'd love to go down and see my pictures."
rhapsody8 user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhapsody8
Bohemian: 711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Oct 11, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



Lostman wrote: I think all we will be able to get both versions from the Internet, and so we're gonna see all bonus material we want.


I think the same exactly and I will do this. But, I just want to have all of materials from QPL on an official DVD. Everybody don't have the Blu Ray Player. Two DVD set would be amazing but they choice this way. I don't want to criticize their release policy but if they have a choice, I have my own. It seems will be a great release. I have all of official DVDs but I can't buy a BR player for QPL (or Universal) wants to sell BR discs. Don't like to say but, "torrent works"


Get your head down baby - we're gonna ride tonight...
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 928 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Oct 11, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



rhapsody8 wrote:


Lostman wrote: I think all we will be able to get both versions from the Internet, and so we're gonna see all bonus material we want.


I think the same exactly and I will do this. But, I just want to have all of materials from QPL on an official DVD. Everybody don't have the Blu Ray Player. Two DVD set would be amazing but they choice this way. I don't want to criticize their release policy but if they have a choice, I have my own. It seems will be a great release. I have all of official DVDs but I can't buy a BR player for QPL (or Universal) wants to sell BR discs. Don't like to say but, "torrent works" =========

A pity! I bought myself a Blu Ray player last year for Chrismas. I had a cheap normal DVD player and my DVD's had some scratches made by this thing . It annoyed me and I saved a coule of hundreds to buy the BluRay player. And the best thing is that the machine plays BluRay, Standard DVD's, CD's and has an USB port to play my music from time to time. I can really recommend to buy one.


You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Oct 11, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agree with the poster above, is this a sponsored by Blu Ray release. If you dont have a blu ray you are missing out on a whole load of products, sounds stupid.


"Give it to me one more time!"
Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1408 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Oct 11, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen has done this before. The 1986-1991 albums released originally on CD had unedited or additional tracks compared to the LP, and by the same reasons.

The thing is that to put out a decent-quality (bitrate-wise) DVD release of DAYS OF OUR LIVES, they would have to make it double. Of course a double DVD is far more costly to produce and manufacture than a single BD, and the selling price would be higher too. Now, who would be happy to pay MORE for an standard-definition 2xDVD than for a high-definition BD?

rocknrolllover user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hangman
rocknrolllover
Deity: 2491 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Oct 11, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do you think is happening? 
Does somebody outside  Queen Productions ordered something like "let`s release something new"  or finally Queen Productions changed his mind and they started to release something rare? is it just because of the fact that the 40th Anniversary and new fresh brains in QPL don`t appeared?
Any guesses!  



I've got the power to love to live

I can't say it ain't right
RafaelS user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 294 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 11, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



queenman!! 12321 wrote:


rhapsody8 wrote:


Lostman wrote: I think all we will be able to get both versions from the Internet, and so we're gonna see all bonus material we want.


I think the same exactly and I will do this. But, I just want to have all of materials from QPL on an official DVD. Everybody don't have the Blu Ray Player. Two DVD set would be amazing but they choice this way. I don't want to criticize their release policy but if they have a choice, I have my own. It seems will be a great release. I have all of official DVDs but I can't buy a BR player for QPL (or Universal) wants to sell BR discs. Don't like to say but, "torrent works" =========

A pity! I bought myself a Blu Ray player last year for Chrismas. I had a cheap normal DVD player and my DVD's had some scratches made by this thing . It annoyed me and I saved a coule of hundreds to buy the BluRay player. And the best thing is that the machine plays BluRay, Standard DVD's, CD's and has an USB port to play my music from time to time. I can really recommend to buy one.

I myself is very disappointed of this. I asked Hernan Snow if he will make something as a 2 DVD version when it's released.


Klytus! Are your men on the right pills? Maybe you should execute their trainer!
rocknrolllover user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hangman
rocknrolllover
Deity: 2491 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 11, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is interesting  me the next moment:
Why in the documentary, or at least as bonus no nothing about  participation Queen  in the Festival Queen Rock in Rio 1985


I've got the power to love to live

I can't say it ain't right
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18452 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 11, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was it really necessary to post that in three different threads?

And who could possibly have the answer to that question on a fan forum?


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca