Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > LIST OF UNKOWN SONGS BY FREDDIE (AND QUEEN)

forum rss feed
Author

LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 11, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Today I was surfing on the SIAE website. SIAE is an Italian public performance-rights organization responsible for the protection and exercise of copyright. Well, after putting 'Mercury Frederick' in the search field, a very interesting list of songs appeared. You should take a look at it, as there's plenty of titles which I never heard before!   

http://operemusicali.siae.it/OpereMusicali/musicaSearch.do?metodo=view

Bare in mind that (C) stands for 'music composer', (A) for 'author of lyrics', (AC) for both of them, and (AD) for 'adapter'. 

Here is a partial list of unkown son titles: 
ALI      ( QUEEN AND DAVID BOWIE!!!!)
CA FAIT BIZARRE (queen)
FITS OF BLOOM (freddie and unknown people)
GAZELLE (Freddie)
GREEN (Freddie)
HOLD ON (Freddie and Reinhold Mack)
HOLDING ON (Freddie)
IN MEMORIAM (Freddie and Brian)
KEEP SMILIN (Freddie)
LADY WITH A TENOR SAX (   FREDDIE MERCURY AND BILLY SQUIER!)
MING (Freddie)
NIRVANA (Freddie)
POCO DE AMOR (Freddie)
RADIO MARIA (Freddie)
WHEN THIS OLD TIRED BODY WAN... (Freddie and Mike Moran)
WHITE STAR (Freddie)
YELLOW BREEZES (Freddie)

Apparently, there's a third song feat David Bowie!  
What do you guys think about this list??? I'm curious to hear your opinion. 

P.S. You can do further searches by putting 'MAY BRIAN' , 'TAYLOR ROGER MEDDOWS' etc. in the field. I haven't tried.

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 11, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



LordOfAllDarkness wrote: Today I was surfing on the SIAE website. SIAE is an Italian public performance-rights organization responsible for the protection and exercise of copyright. Well, after putting 'Mercury Frederick' in the search field, a very interesting list of songs appeared. You should take a look at it, as there's plenty of titles which I never heard before!   

http://operemusicali.siae.it/OpereMusicali/musicaSearch.do?metodo=view

Bare in mind that (C) stands for 'music composer', (A) for 'author of lyrics', (AC) for both of them, and (AD) for 'adapter'. 

Here is a partial list of unkown son titles: 
ALI      ( QUEEN AND DAVID BOWIE!!!!)
CA FAIT BIZARRE (queen)
FITS OF BLOOM (freddie and unknown people)
GAZELLE (Freddie)
GREEN (Freddie)
HOLD ON (Freddie and Reinhold Mack)
HOLDING ON (Freddie)
IN MEMORIAM (Freddie and Brian)
KEEP SMILIN (Freddie)
LADY WITH A TENOR SAX (   FREDDIE MERCURY AND BILLY SQUIER!)
MING (Freddie)
NIRVANA (Freddie)
POCO DE AMOR (Freddie)
RADIO MARIA (Freddie)
WHEN THIS OLD TIRED BODY WAN... (Freddie and Mike Moran)
WHITE STAR (Freddie)
YELLOW BREEZES (Freddie)

Apparently, there's a third song feat David Bowie!  
What do you guys think about this list??? I'm curious to hear your opinion. 

P.S. You can do further searches by putting 'MAY BRIAN' , 'TAYLOR ROGER MEDDOWS' etc. in the field. I haven't tried.

Not all of these are unknown. Some have actually been released:

Gazelle - FM Solo Collection Boxed Set
Green - FM SC Boxed Set
Hold On - Zabou Soundtrack album & FM SC Boxed Set
Holding On - FM SC Boxed Set
Keep Smilin' - FM SC Boxed Set
Lady With A Tenor Sax - Billy Squire's version appears on his album Enough Is Enough & Freddie's version is on the FM SC Boxed Set
Ming - Not sure, but probably related to Flash Gordon
When This Old Tired Body Wants To Sing - part of it appears in "Overture Picante" & the entire thing appears on the FM SC Boxed Set
Yellow Breezes - FM SC Boxed Set

Not sure about the rest.

LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 11, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't know those songs. Thank you for your reply!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 11, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unknown songs?  How can we possibly make a list of things we don't know?

"First there are the things we know.  Then there are the things we know we don't know.  And then there are the things we don't know we don't know."

The one time I've ever seen eye to eye with Donald Rumsfeld.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 11, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



The Real Wizard wrote: Unknown songs?  How can we possibly make a list of things we don't know?

"First there are the things we know.  Then there are the things we know we don't know.  And then there are the things we don't know we don't know."

The one time I've ever seen eye to eye with Donald Rumsfeld.


If you read the post, he means unknown songs unknown to him.

And you can make a list of things you don't know if you do the research and evidence points to gaps in knowledge and information. Call it an educated guess or imperial deduction, depending on how you arrive at the conclusion. If you know about A and C you can reasonably account for the existence of B, especially if C could not exist without it.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2803 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 11, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



LordOfAllDarkness wrote: Today I was surfing on the SIAE website. SIAE is an Italian public performance-rights organization responsible for the protection and exercise of copyright. Well, after putting 'Mercury Frederick' in the search field, a very interesting list of songs appeared. You should take a look at it, as there's plenty of titles which I never heard before!   

http://operemusicali.siae.it/OpereMusicali/musicaSearch.do?metodo=view

Bare in mind that (C) stands for 'music composer', (A) for 'author of lyrics', (AC) for both of them, and (AD) for 'adapter'. 

Here is a partial list of unkown son titles: 
ALI      ( QUEEN AND DAVID BOWIE!!!!)
CA FAIT BIZARRE (queen)
FITS OF BLOOM (freddie and unknown people)
GAZELLE (Freddie)
GREEN (Freddie)
HOLD ON (Freddie and Reinhold Mack)
HOLDING ON (Freddie)
IN MEMORIAM (Freddie and Brian)
KEEP SMILIN (Freddie)
LADY WITH A TENOR SAX (   FREDDIE MERCURY AND BILLY SQUIER!)
MING (Freddie)
NIRVANA (Freddie)
POCO DE AMOR (Freddie)
RADIO MARIA (Freddie)
WHEN THIS OLD TIRED BODY WAN... (Freddie and Mike Moran)
WHITE STAR (Freddie)
YELLOW BREEZES (Freddie)

Apparently, there's a third song feat David Bowie!  
What do you guys think about this list??? I'm curious to hear your opinion. 

P.S. You can do further searches by putting 'MAY BRIAN' , 'TAYLOR ROGER MEDDOWS' etc. in the field. I haven't tried.


Radio Maria is most likely a reference or sketch of an idea pertaining to the ROBOT Maria in METROPOLIS (for which his submission LOVE KILLS was used).

It may be an alternate sketch of the song, seeing as how the year RADIO GA GA and LOVE KILLS were released was 1984. BOTH songs feature constant used of a keyboard arpeggiator.

Or it can just be a musical segue with a guide vocal (i.e. Exercises in Free Love)

MING is probably a sketch relative of LA JAPONAISE...or some asian thing...unless like the above poster said... it was directly related to the FLASH GORDON soundtrack.

no idea or even inferences about the rest that HAVEN'T ALREADY been released as part of the 10CD + 2DVD set.


"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 11, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rhyeking wrote:

And you can make a list of things you don't know if you do the research and evidence points to gaps in knowledge and information. Call it an educated guess or imperial deduction, depending on how you arrive at the conclusion. If you know about A and C you can reasonably account for the existence of B, especially if C could not exist without it.

===========

Of course, I see your point from a logical standpoint.  But in a case like this, there just is no evidence.  The only evidence is hearing it, and upon hearing a song it is no longer unknown.  Even if there are 20-year-old stories, tapes could have been erased or lost.  Therefore there is only hearsay.  So I think compiling such a list of unknown things is a pointless task.

When one is reduced to being curious about a band's unreleased songs that might exist, I think it might be high time to start exploring other artists.

But .. carry on!


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 11, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



The Real Wizard wrote:

 So I think compiling such a list of unknown things is a pointless task.



Yeah, and so is your website, which is so full of speculation. In it you mention tons of material which is rumored to exist. So what's the point in doing such a thing? Example: Where's the evidence which lets you state that the video footage from Zagreb 79 exists in a TV archive? Are you the archivist of that TV?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Nov 11, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LordOfAllDarkness wrote:

The Real Wizard wrote:

 So I think compiling such a list of unknown things is a pointless task.

Yeah, and so is your website, which is so full of speculation. In it you mention tons of material which is rumored to exist. So what's the point in doing such a thing? Example: Where's the evidence which lets you state that the video footage from Zagreb 79 exists in a TV archive? Are you the archivist of that TV?

======================

Aha, I knew someone would mention the irony.  Pot calling the kettle black, I guess !

But there is a subtle difference... while I mention certain possibilities, 99.9% of my website focuses on things that do exist.  Saying it's "full of speculation" is kind of an exaggeration.

As I said, carry on.  I was just expressing my opinion. :-)


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
pietrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pietrek
Bohemian: 108 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Nov 11, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing new. Just a few covers by Italian/French artists that's why they list Mercury/May as an author. It has been already discussed many times on this site: forum.queen.pl