Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Blu-Ray Queen days of our lives

forum rss feed
Author

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Dec 11, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good point!

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Queen1973 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen1973
Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 11, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It P***** me off when i go into HMV and on the system it says Temporarily suspended.   Yes that what the computer screen says about Queen days of our lives Blu-Ray. WTF???????????????? The sale assssssssssistant said this mean there is only so many issued and were not getting any????????????????? How are Queen supposed to get in the charts etc or even keep us fans happy. Order online again and wait wait wait. Best way is to download illegally. There making us do it.   Definition Queen Offical Release???????????????
Advitise on TV Radio Internet. Spread Rumours ETC. Then fans get excited...Fans then release New releases are RARE. One in a million.....BLACK FRIDAY=====BLACK QUEEN.

ride the vision

bago.vidovic user not visiting Queenzone.com
bago.vidovic
Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 11, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bought mine in HMV too and there was no foil on it or protection. Are all dvd's and blu ray's opened or was only mine opened ??? :)

Queen1973

Posted: 01 Dec 11, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bago.vidovic wrote: I bought mine in HMV too and there was no foil on it or protection. Are all dvd's and blu ray's opened or was only mine opened ??? :)

You got a Blu-ray copy??? Heard thats a collectors item as its deleted rare never released etc etc etc. Opened, perhaps they thought OMG this cant be real lets see if theres a disc in it as April the 1st is next year. Or perhaps there mass reproducing your copy so then HMV will have them in stock next week. As we all know with the digital age perfect copies are possible, this is not the 80s etc. Its all INTERNET GAGA....

ride the vision

bago.vidovic user not visiting Queenzone.com
bago.vidovic
Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 11, 06:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was in HMV Cork and they had 2 blu rays and 4 dvd's od days of our lives documentary :)

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 11, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bought it on Amazon, love it one of the best Queen products in ages, the bonus stuff is good but a little short in places, however the package as a whole if really good despite having seen most of it before the blu-ray came out

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Queen1973

Posted: 01 Dec 11, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bago.vidovic wrote: i was in HMV Cork and they had 2 blu rays and 4 dvd's od days of our lives documentary :)

Well xmas is near Wanna buy me one lol

ride the vision

joesilvey user not visiting Queenzone.com
joesilvey
Bohemian: 238 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 11, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm in the US... thrilled to get my copy today...

but of the extras that i have watched (all bonus segments, most of the bonus videos, none of the bonus interviews) I was HUGELY impressed, overall... 

is it exhaustive, no.  but does it show some incredible archive material in pristine quality... YES.  I can't make the YES big enough.  The quality of some of the stuff (Rainbow 74, filming of Breakthru, and CLTCL rushes) is ASTOUNDING, and I'm watching a blu-ray on a PS3 to a SD tv.

I do agree with complaints that some of the "extra" segments were a bit short - but in the context of days-long interviews over a MILLION things, i can understand.  This is TOTALLY heading in the direction of what i think the fans are asking for in an "anthology"... please keep Rhys involved and we'll be good...  THANKS

Joseph A. Silvey
dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1589 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 11, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to HMV to buy a BluRay and a PS3 to play it on. I'm sat here this morning with a PS3, the complete Star Wars BluRay and no Queen disc. Oh well, I tried.

BTW - is there a nice big booklet in the disc like the other Queen DVDs have?

joesilvey user not visiting Queenzone.com
joesilvey
Bohemian: 238 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 11, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no booklet... just a single-fold insert.  glossy paper, quality printing - but black and white and basically minimal information (songwriting credits, QPL roster credits, and a short intro / synopsis to the feature)

Joseph A. Silvey
footstomper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 11, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you confirm if any of the wiped Top Of The Pops appearances are seen in full on this DVD?

sbazb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 11, 06:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

footstomper wrote: Can you confirm if any of the wiped Top Of The Pops appearances are seen in full on this DVD?

Not in full unfortunately, but the 4 Seven Seas of Rhye performances and 2 Killer Queen performances are edited together to make new promo videos for those tracks. No sign of Now I'm Here from TOTP which is a real shame as it is a totally different audio take!

I think they missed a trick here. Where else are they going to get the chance to release the full TOTP performances?

Dane user not visiting Queenzone.com
No strings attached!
Dane
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 11, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QPL put Minimum effort in packaging and maximum in content. And that's allright with me. 
Most of the cost of releasing something goes into packaging, so cutting costs there is always the first thing that should happen. 

BluRay menu has a Typo on it.. on the extra interviews one chapter says something like "Brian's Heath Scare" in stead of Health Scare.. 

WATC new version is the best bonus video, although I like the GaGa one very much!

Now when will the rest of the Bob Harris docu see the light of day?!!?!?

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Queen Visual Library (www.qvl.nl)
footstomper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 11, 04:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sbazb wrote:

footstomper wrote: Can you confirm if any of the wiped Top Of The Pops appearances are seen in full on this DVD?
Not in full unfortunately, but the 4 Seven Seas of Rhye performances and 2 Killer Queen performances are edited together to make new promo videos for those tracks. No sign of Now I'm Here from TOTP which is a real shame as it is a totally different audio take!

I think they missed a trick here. Where else are they going to get the chance to release the full TOTP performances?

Thanks for the reply.
What a wasted opportunity. I was really hoping the Top Of The Pops appearances would get a proper release. How many years do we have to wait to see this stuff properly? By the way, another important question, are these shown in the original 4.3 or have they been cropped for widescreen?

KevoM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 11, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do people still buy DVDs/BDs from HMV???
WHY??  Have they got 'exclusive content' or something?

Kevinrm15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 11, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sbazb wrote:

Uhhh... they could always release the NIH TOTP as bonus on the Rainbow or Hammersmith DVD.

rocknrolllover user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hangman
rocknrolllover
Deity: 2578 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 11, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anyone  able to download the Blue Ray version of the documentary Days of Our Lives on any file sharing and give me a link to download

I've got the power to love to live

I can't say it ain't right
Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3056 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 11, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kevinhairsineevans wrote: It P***** me off when i go into HMV and on the system it says Temporarily suspended.   Yes that what the computer screen says about Queen days of our lives Blu-Ray. WTF???????????????? The sale assssssssssistant said this mean there is only so many issued and were not getting any????????????????? How are Queen supposed to get in the charts etc or even keep us fans happy. Order online again and wait wait wait. Best way is to download illegally. There making us do it.   Definition Queen Offical Release???????????????
Advitise on TV Radio Internet. Spread Rumours ETC. Then fans get excited...Fans then release New releases are RARE. One in a million.....BLACK FRIDAY=====BLACK QUEEN.

=============================================================================================

What a rant that was over absolutely nothing.  Suspended my arse - HMV Glasgow Buchanan Street and Fopp, Glasgow Union Street (Run by HMV) both have it as well as the DVD version.  £21 for the BR and £15 DVD.  Not buying it for £21, it will sit there and then go down in price as Queen stuff usually does.  Oh, and HMV also have the Wembley Roadie box in Glasgow too - think it was £130.  My advice is, if you're desparate for the BR, get it ordered up - the screen they were looking at was for pre-release, not newly released.  Daft mistake on their part, but up to you to persist.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 11, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rocknrolllover wrote: does anyone  able to download the Blue Ray version of the documentary Days of Our Lives on any file sharing and give me a link to download

Why don't you get out to your local store or preferred online retailer and buy it, you selfish little fuck?