Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen extravanza Results today at 12

forum rss feed
Author

Queen1973 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen1973
Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 11, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cant wait to see who wins to day im in the UK so hope this is 12pm GTM. Give us something to chat about in the news etc hope it gets tv footage over here etc.

ride the vision

jamster1111 user not visiting Queenzone.com
jamster1111
Bohemian: 844 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 11, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They announced it but they forgot to announce the keyboardist.

It's late, but it's time to set me free

It's late, yes I know but there's no way it has to be

Too late, so let the fire take our bodies this night

So late, so let the waters take our guilt in the t
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 11, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I suspect they didn't select either of the keyboardists.  They only announced two vocalists as well, after suggesting there would be three.  Wonder what Ol Beach is up to next year. ;)

Editing to add that it's worth noting that Marc Martel could cover some or all of the keyboard duties himself.

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 520 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 11, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't think much of any of the vocalist's in the audition video's, especially Marc Martel. Was suprised Steve Z didn't make it through on guitar too.

Your Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
Your Fairy King
Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 11, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Totally shocked that Zukowsky didn't make the final cut. Don't want to hear a chick singing lead at all, but if the show plays my city I will be there. This has all been great fun. I'm looking forward to the tour.

Brian Maybe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 11, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for thinking of me, guys!  Ah well, didn't make the cut, but it was still a great experience, and I'm proud to have made it as far as I did.  As far as the 2 guitarists they picked, Tristan is a fantastic player and a real pro with lots of experience, so I've got no doubts about him at all.  Brian is a little more of a gamble, but the guy also plays really well, and has a really good attitude, so I think he'll be great, too.  In fact, the 2 of them together have the potential to do some really cool 2 guitar arrangements of the guitar parts closer to how they are on the records, rather than how Brian did them live, so I'm really looking forward to the final show to see what they do.

And don't underestimate those singers, the video clips don't show off all they're capable of!

As for the keys, that is a surprise, which makes me wonder if Spike will be handling them?

Cheers,
Steve Z

99jaystang user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 154 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 11, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Keyboard guy? My guess is Mr. Spike Edney will be at the helm as a keyboard player and musical director. Which is good decision anyway to keep the younglings under control.

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 11, 01:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian Maybe wrote: Thanks for thinking of me, guys!  Ah well, didn't make the cut, but it was still a great experience, and I'm proud to have made it as far as I did.  As far as the 2 guitarists they picked, Tristan is a fantastic player and a real pro with lots of experience, so I've got no doubts about him at all.  Brian is a little more of a gamble, but the guy also plays really well, and has a really good attitude, so I think he'll be great, too.  In fact, the 2 of them together have the potential to do some really cool 2 guitar arrangements of the guitar parts closer to how they are on the records, rather than how Brian did them live, so I'm really looking forward to the final show to see what they do.

And don't underestimate those singers, the video clips don't show off all they're capable of!

As for the keys, that is a surprise, which makes me wonder if Spike will be handling them?

Cheers,
Steve Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Steve . . . sorry it didn't go your way. I hope you had fun with it. For what it's worth, you do win for having one of the best QZ names. Hopefully you'll stick around. Cheers . . .

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Queen1973 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen1973
Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 11, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Results.........................

“The Queen Extravaganza” band line-up will be:

VOCALS - Jennifer Espinoza (San Antonio, TX)

VOCALS - Marc Martel (Montreal, QC / Nashville,TN)

GUITAR - Tristan Avakian (Toronto, ON)              

GUITAR - Brian Gresh (Tulsa, OK)          

DRUMS - Tyler Warren (Camden, TN)               

BASS - Francois-Olivier Doyon (Quebec City, QC)

ride the vision