Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Don't Stop Me Now (Sound Assault Remix)

forum rss feed
Author

ole-the-first user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 11, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Don't Stop Me Now remix for Talenhouse competition.

http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/af86805f248586762563bf50db26da22/352

Please vote for me ;)

I tried not to change original song structure but to bring a new sound  into this fantastic track. The only changed part of this song is guitar solo, as I extended it with bits from another Queen record. There's a lot on new synths added (thanks to Marat Shigabutdinov for recordig them for me) which are bring nice moody and dreamy feelings into the song.

Hope you'll like it!

E-mail: oleggolubkin[AT]rambler.ru
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 11, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was good up until the "Don't stop me now" bit, and then everything fell apart atter that. Shame really, cos I really liked where it was going! Did you have problems keeping the tracks in sync?

Posted: 12 Dec 11, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote: Was good up until the "Don't stop me now" bit, and then everything fell apart atter that. Shame really, cos I really liked where it was going! Did you have problems keeping the tracks in sync?

Do you mean the part before guitar solo? If yes, problem there is not exactly in sync, but rather in synth sound itself.

All other parts should be synchronized well.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 11, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ole-the-first wrote:

inu-liger wrote: Was good up until the "Don't stop me now" bit, and then everything fell apart atter that. Shame really, cos I reallyliked where it was going! Did you have problems keeping the tracks in sync?

Do you mean the part before guitar solo? If yes, problem there is not exactly in sync, but rather in synth sound itself.

Everything from "Don't stop me now, cos I'm having a good time. I'm a shooting star reaching..." onwards

And yeah the synth is horribly out of sync

Posted: 12 Dec 11, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

ole-the-first wrote:

inu-liger wrote: Was good up until the "Don't stopme now" bit, and then everything fell apart atter that. Shame really, cos I reallyliked where it was going! Did you have problems keeping the tracks in sync?

Everything from "Don't stop me now, cos I'm having a good time. I'm a shooting star reaching..." onwards

And yeah the synth is horribly out of sync

I don't feel that synths are out of sync at all. It may seem that during the drum section before solo they are, but actually that is the way they were recorded (so there's in general no desync too).

And there's should be no desynch during the verses. I added little echoey effect to pianos, so they may sound erratically a little bit.

Dodger Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 11, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

idea is ok but sounds like the music is out of sync with vocals all the way thru to me.

bago.vidovic user not visiting Queenzone.com
bago.vidovic
Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 11, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the piano is out of sync :) the synth, vocals and drums are okay :)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 11, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ole-the-first wrote: My Don't Stop Me Now remix for Talenhouse competition.

http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/af86805f248586762563bf50db26da22/352

Please vote for me ;)

I tried not to change original song structure but to bring a new sound  into this fantastic track. The only changed part of this song is guitar solo, as I extended it with bits from another Queen record. There's a lot on new synths added (thanks to Marat Shigabutdinov for recordig them for me) which are bring nice moody and dreamy feelings into the song.

Hope you'll like it!

++++++++++++++++++++++++
no - it's pointless voting for you and it doesn't matter WHO likes it...you'll be disqualified on the ground that the rules stated that only the stems provided should be used
you openly admit you have used guitars form another queen song and added synths from someone else.....

as far as this comp is concerned...for you...it's....GAME OVER

go deo na hÉireann
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 11, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You may really want to listen carefully again, before you submit your entry. Unless you were consciously trying to mash up a 4/4 beat against a 5/4 beat, the piano really IS out of synch, by almost a second. It's actually quite hard to miss. It made it unlistenable to me, and also to a jury I'm afraid.

"It started off so well.....".

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 11, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Ole, but that was truly awful......

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Your Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
Your Fairy King
Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 11, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know when you accidentally open two browser windows for the same YouTube video and one is playing several seconds behind the other one? That's what I thought had happened. But I was wrong. This is truly awful.

ksimpson1960 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 11, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.....I Really Liked The Beginning, (Timings Everything) The Remedy??  ..."Start Over" , Just "After" The Beginning ...(by the way "excellent" first try.. Why Not Try "Queen  ll"