Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Adam Lambert On Working With Roger Taylor, Brian May: More Stuff Coming Up

forum rss feed
Author

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 12, 21:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Singer Adam Lambert says he's not taking over as the frontman for Queen, but adds “there's more stuff coming up this year.”

During an interview last week on Alice Radio's Sarah & Vinnie, Lambert dismissed rumors that he was preparing to take over as the frontman for the British rock band Queen, which currently includes Roger Taylor and Brian May. Taylor and May formed the band Smile, which Freddie Mercury altered to Queen when he joined. Mercury died in 1991 of complications due to AIDS.

“That was a rumor as far as taking over, touring with them,” Lambert said. “But I got to perform with them on the European Music Awards – it was amazing – and I think there's going to be some more stuff coming up this year. That's all I can say for right now. But the goal is to try to like do my thing and maybe do a little of their thing.”

When asked if he had brought his boyfriend Sauli Koskinen to the San Diego studios, Lambert, whose second studio album Trespassing will be released on March 20, answered that Koskinen was back home in Los Angeles.

“This is a two-day trip,” he said. “We don't need to hold hands all the way.” (Listen to the entire interview at Radio Alice.)

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=10732&MediaType=1&Category=22

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 692 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh please, no...

don't let the bookend of Queen be a tour with a karaoke kid with no merits of his own

GOATHEAD1985 user not visiting Queenzone.com
GOATHEAD1985
Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgrers anyday. I know everyone wasnt too happy when Queen(Roger Taylor and Brian May) toured and record with him but at least hes his own man, has his own legacy, sings in turn and doesnt over do it. But thats just me!

Montreux user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bring back Paul Rodgers - he's fantastic singer, writer and legend! And he did very good work. No C-lebrity such as this winner of American Idol!!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Funny how the best songs of the Q+PR tours were when Paul was taking his coffee backstage. Seriously, I've been watching a lot of those videos, and the best stuff is when he's not even there.

Also, fuck off Adam Lambert.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For all who were pretty sure they couldn't be bothered going to 'Radio Alice' for this, a YouTube version to confirm that instinct.    I've heard at least three or four (and I'm not even looking really, so there's probably dozens) US interviews where the radio personalities yammer on about how Lambert should be in Queen and how this is what Brian May desperately wants.  I mean it's delusional.  These people obviously know nothing remotely substantial about the band, or Freddie, or anything of historical relevance. Sad.

dsmeer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry I thought they (Brian and Roger) needed some to sing.

So??????

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2153 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dsmeer wrote: Sorry I thought they (Brian and Roger) needed some to sing.

So??????

That's the point though isn't it?
Adam Lambert CAN'T sing!

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My guess is it'll be something for the Olympic opening ceremony.

Yeah, it'll suck, but no worse than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7aPb9C3NM8

tero! 48531 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 737 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:
Funny how the best songs of the Q+PR tours were when Paul was taking his coffee backstage. Seriously, I've been watching a lot of those videos, and the best stuff is when he's not even there.

Funny, I thought it was the exact opposite... Whenever it was about Paul Rodgers singing his own material, it actually sounded like a working combination.

Neither Roger & Brian nor Adam Lambert have the talent to fill Freddie's vocal parts, and it doesn't really matter which of them takes a stab at it. It still sounds like nothing more than a mediocre karaoke effort.

Now, it would be interesting to hear Roger & Brian & Adam write a new song together... Not necessarily enjoyable, but infinitely more interesting than yet another karaoke version of WWRY.

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tero! 48531 wrote:
Zebonka12 wrote:

Funny, I thought it was the exact opposite... Whenever it was about Paul Rodgers singing his own material, it actually sounded like a working combination.

I agree.

Queen was the world's best backing band for Paul Rodgers - and he has a lot of great songs in his back catalogue. Doing Fred songs though... not so much.

Still... much better than Adam "I'm gonna crap all over the whole song by not shutting up for a fucking second" Lambert.

MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No.

Any way the wind blows...
argQ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"But the goal is to try to like do my thing and maybe do a little of their thing".

This is a nightmare, I can´t believe what I´m reading. This American Idol guy sukcs.

the dude 1366 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 24 Jan 12, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In defense of them doing this I have 2 words...
Delilah

GOATHEAD1985 user not visiting Queenzone.com
GOATHEAD1985
Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if queen went on the road, would everyone prefer just brian and roger taking lead vocals and perhaps playing one of their solo track?

sorry i know this far away from the discussion

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2043 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

... and don´t forget Paul´s own songs !! at least to me, Bad Co., Feel Like Makin Love, Shooting Star, etc etc sounded much much better than any of the Queen stuff they played with Paul on vocals.

... and yes, f-o Adam Lambert too.

Bring out the charge of the love brigade
madmetaltom user not visiting Queenzone.com
madmetaltom
Bohemian: 238 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert can fuck off!

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2370 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a time back in the 70's and 80's even early 90's when Queen fans used to be open minded and up for musical exploration...sadly these days are long behind us now and most seem dull lifeless musical rednecks...

Back in the 70's fans liked Queen because they dared to be different and try stuff that the mainstream said was ridiculas or pompous. I suspect Freddie turns in his grave and some of th stuff said here by so called fans.

So Lambert's not Freddie, no shit, but you know what his sold more records than all the fans on this site put together. As for Rodgers well he is a true rock legend and frankly anyone with any REAL musical appreciation could see what he brought to the band.

It is very sad that so many here simply dont get what Queen is really about, musical exploration...

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
dsmeer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian wig > that is exactly my point THIS lambert guy can't sing. He is a JOKE.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"There was a time back in the 70's and 80's even early 90's when Queen fans used to be open minded and up for musical exploration..."

That time, for me, was as late as 2008. Plenty of people have given their subsequent projects a listen, and not all of it has been terrible.

Adam Lambert is not some new, undiscovered experiment - they jammed, it sounded bad. We know what will happen - it's only a damned idiot who keeps trying the same thing and expecting a different result.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller