Forums > Personal > bullys are bastards

forum rss feed
Author

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

for the last 2 weeks my son has been of school,all because of a misunderstood text message.
a few weeks ago a teammate of his hung himself(14yrs old),and the usual facebook messages came up.
by the end of the day my son was fed up with the same people posting/pasting the same messages all day long(5 people said the same thing over and over).
he sent a tex to a person to say he was fed up with the same posts/people..........fair enough.
school on the monday morning he was jostled,sworn at,kicked,and finaly beaten up by 3 cowards..they said he had been disrespectful to there dead mate(and my sons mate i may ad).
he was brought home and stayed in his room for the rest of the day..
he got a text from a friend saying, someone said the text said he was glad he was dead??.
not true,the deputy rector saw the text and said it was rubish..
night time the online threats started to come,,,,,,,,,,,,,police time.
as a result 1 boy has been charged,3 given warnings.
the complete third year was called to special assembly to explain the text was not what they thought.and who ever started the romour was wrong.
so after 1 1/2 weeks my son went to school today,police warned the complete year,deputy rector warned the complete year.
so of he went(remember he has spent nearly a week in his room)scared but reasured by me and his mum it was fine,
phone call 1 hour into his day from school.someone had threatened to stab him with a pen,others had abused him verbaly.
he is now back home,a scared/frightened 14 yr old boy who has vowed never to go back to school.
so it seems the bullys win again.
BASTARDS.

MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullies are assholes. I know 'cause I was bullied on and off my whole life.
Hope thing get better for you, your son and your wife.

Any way the wind blows...
catqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
:)

Royalty: 1758 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's horrible, teenagers can be horrible... hope your son is ok... its a tough enough time for him without that kind of crap.

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the text read.............i am so fed up of the same people posting the same thing about ?????? on there f/book page im thinking about closing my account...if they dont know about??????they never will.and his thought was,think of the faamily having to read the same thing over and over again..
seems ok to me

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 12, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being a parent is the hardest job in the world.  A lousy situation and a really terrible burden on a young man. All I can offer is my best hopes for a resolution and a reminder that there is always opportunity in crisis.  In the times that my son has faced really difficult things I've tried to reassure him that this too would pass and that try as he might he could not avoid being a stronger, wiser and more courageous and perceptive person on the other side of it. It's hard for them to see the value in that now when all they want are friends and acceptance and a little independence, but pity the child that never has troubles.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 12, 02:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, bullies ARE bastards

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 12, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullies have always been bastards. There are many of them in my school. They smoke, drink, lose their virginity, mock other people and they think it's cool.
I hope your son is ok soon.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 12, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullys = retards.

You can't argue with a retard because he/she is...retarded. They are mind numbingly stupid, and tend to translate their stupidity into violence, verbal or otherwise. It sucks that they can do this, but at least you can be secure in the knowledge that the chances of these dumb fucks ever amounting to anything are negligible. When your son is a happy and successful adult, they'll be wondering when exactly they decided to take back-breaking, demeaning jobs for the rest of their lives because they are fucking asses who are criminally stupid to boot.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 12, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's horrible that you're son is going through this.

There are some positives to come out of all this.  The world is full of bullies and that will never change, but he will be much better equipped to handle those potential times.  But this is also an eye-opener about kids, texting, and facebook.  Parents need to monitor this behavior if they're going to introduce it to children at such a young age... self included.

My daughter had her first cell phone at 12.  I had a land line. 
She was texting within months.  I had a land line.
She had her facebook page (that I know of!!!!) at 14.  I had a land line.

At what age is a child ready for the pressures of a social networking system.  Each is different... mine could've probably waited a couple of years more, but it is our responsibility to assure that they're ready.  And we, as parents, have nothing to go on for reference... this isn't something you can ask your parents or older friends how they handled... they never had to.

Just know that you're fighting the good fight and keep your communication line with your son clear.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 12, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe you should just stop talking about politics and focus on issues like this.  You appear quite human after all !

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard

Posted: 26 Jan 12, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David - tell your son that while it's tough right now, bullying will make him stronger and wiser.  He will develop backbone, and empathy for people in similar situations.  Takes one to know one, as they say.

It's great to see so many anti-bullying campaigns popping up all over the world.  But most of them are missing an important fact - bullying doesn't suddenly stop after high school.  It happens in the workplace too.  So if anything, experiencing some bullying early on preps you for the real world, as you'll have the tools to endure it.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 27 Jan 12, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, and watch out for people taking what he says out of context and then group bullying begins.

Bob?

The Real Wizard

Posted: 29 Jan 12, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't you get your jollies from some other place than trolling a forum?

GratefulFan

Posted: 30 Jan 12, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know what he means...a bit.  If you've ever spent any degree of time holding a minority position on the internet in opposition to a significantly greater number of people you'll know that there is a particular dynamic that can develop that really does feel like bullying or a kind of almost ostracisation, even though it's not.  It's amplified I think by a sense I have that people are less likely to detect finer, more subtle differences between the beliefs or arguments of an array of people in general disagreement with them.  As such it really could feel like a homogeneous deluge of "America sucks and so do you" thuggery, even though that is the last thing that was intended.  It's been my experience that people have to be a bit more careful than we generally are with tone and volume when there is kind of a lopsided conversation going on to avoid leaving people feeling unheard and set upon.  No idea if or how that applies to Microwave's comments, but I do know that speaking generally it can and does happen.

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 30 Jan 12, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote: Can't you get your jollies from some other place than trolling a forum?

It's okay, man.  I was just using you guys as a perfect example. 

What should have been a good discussion turned into your opinion about how everyone hates America and Grateful Fan's opinion about every US soldier (past and present) is just a glorified killing machine.  You were expecting everyone to simply agree with your stance and not take offense?

And what did we come away with from that discussion?  Nothing... not a damn thing.  So using your definition, you are just trolling as much as me.

GratefulFan

Posted: 30 Jan 12, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ridiculous representation of something I 1) don't think and 2) never remotely implied.  From the guy who's been complaining about being 'taken out of context' and tragically misunderstood.  Well isn't it ironic.

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 12, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
 Well isn't it ironic.

==========================================================
It's like raiiiiiiiiin on your wedding day; it's like a freeeeeee riiiiiiiiide when you've already paid.

Sorry, I couldnt resist.

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!

Posted: 30 Jan 12, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the school has now decided,my son.can have some home tutors,untill he is ready to return to school.....if ever.
the bullys have been spoken to and parents informed.and said sorry.
ye right,as if that will work.

Posted: 30 Jan 12, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:
The Real Wizard wrote: Can't you get your jollies from some other place than trolling a forum?
It's okay, man.  I was just using you guys as a perfect example.  What should have been a good discussion turned into your opinion about how everyone hates America and Grateful Fan's opinion about every US soldier (past and present) is just a glorified killing machine.  You were expecting everyone to simply agree with your stance and not take offense?And what did we come away with from that discussion?  Nothing... not a damn thing.  So using your definition, you are just trolling as much as me.

I don't think anyone was implying that everyone hates america or that the american army is any worse then any other army... Just that actions like those that were being discussed should not be considered part of 'normal' army life/operations. Not trying to start anything here, but i hope you didn't feel like i was trying to insinuate that i hate america or something? I would be equally against ANY person or soldier doing that, no matter what country (including my own).

Posted: 30 Jan 12, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

david (galashiels) wrote:
the school has now decided,my son.can have some home tutors,untill he is ready to return to school.....if ever.
the bullys have been spoken to and parents informed.and said sorry.
ye right,as if that will work.

Yikes, hope things cool down soon :( At least he can keep up his education while he is out of school. Are there any other schools in the area that he could transfer to?