forum rss feed
Author

Richard Orchard user not visiting Queenzone.com
Change message in members area
Richard Orchard
Deity: 2653 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert has confirmed he is set to join Queen as the band's new frontman for a tour this summer (12).

The star was joined by original group members Brian May and Roger Taylor during his finale performance on 2009's American Idol, and the trio teamed up once more at the Mtv European Music Awards in November (11).

The collaborations led to speculation that Lambert would be stepping in to take the place of late singer Freddie Mercury in an upcoming trek, and Taylor fuelled the reports, saying in December (11), "He has grown into a really great performer with an astonishing voice... We would like to work with him again. There's nothing signed just yet but we're talking about live dates."

Lambert has now announced he will be touring with May and Taylor throughout 2012 - including dates at Knebworth in England, where Queen played their final gig with Mercury in 1986, before his death in 1991.

He tells Britain's Daily Star, "The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some f**king great songs. It’s to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would have been proud of."

However, Lambert insists he doesn't intend to take Mercury's place: "After the EMAs, I heard faint little slithers of a backlash from people saying: ‘You can’t replace Freddie Mercury.’ But I already knew that.

"There’s no intention in my mind of replacing Freddie. That’s impossible. The way I’m choosing to view it is that it’s a great honour and one I’m in no way going to shirk... Being asked to front Queen is the best thing that can possibly happen."

source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/lambert-is-queens-new-frontman_1289877

shanoon user not visiting Queenzone.com
shanoon
Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 06:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hope they come to finland

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope they don't come to Toronto.

Kacio user not visiting Queenzone.com
Kacio
Bohemian: 747 posts

Over the Field user not visiting Queenzone.com
Over the Field
Bohemian: 170 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shanoon wrote:
hope they come to finland

I hope it too :)

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 692 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so sad..it ends...

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 521 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First thoughts 1] Is this a joke ! 2]It might be more popular in USA given Adam L's appeal over there 3]Nobody gives a fuck bout or heard of Lambert in UK 4]Knebworth is a huge place to sell for a band who ain't had a hit single or album in years.6]If Deacy said no to Robbie Williams why would he give his blessing to Lambert? 7]Go back to first thought !

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 533 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, okay, I've given up pondering over their 'artistic choices' a long time ago, so I'll only say that it might be interesting to see them at Knebworth, I hope he'll eventually learn to sing these songs properly and he suits better as a Queen singer anyway (compared to his immediate predecessor, Mr Paul Rodgers).

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1306 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Say it's not true....

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is going to suck harder than Paris Hilton trying to rustle up a cab fare.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 880 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's been at least 4 days since the name Queen was last dragged through the mud. About time they did it again! If Adam Lambert hadn't been Freddie's favourite singer of all time, I would strongly object.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I worry they haven't thought this through.  What if Adam gets sick and Celine Dion is busy?  How would they ever recapture the magic?

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3171 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm seeing Queen in my house: Live Aid 1985 (with Freddie)!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They can stick the whole fucking thing up their arses. Anyone care to remember how vitriolic Brian & Roger were about the entire "Idol" process at the start? Funny how they seem to have forgotten......oh, yeah........will this character be singing "C-Lebrity"?

Anyone want to buy my Queen collection? Actually, I'll throw the fucking lot in the bin so that no one else can be affected by it.

Wankers.

Benn
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3171 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:
They can stick the whole fucking thing up their arses. Anyone care to remember how vitriolic Brian & Roger were about the entire "Idol" process at the start? Funny how they seem to have forgotten......oh, yeah........will this character be singing "C-Lebrity"?
Anyone want to buy my Queen collection? Actually, I'll throw the fucking lot in the bin so that no one else can be affected by it.
Wankers.

Don't throw away the unofficial recordings--I'll cry! :)

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2874 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Benn wrote:
Wankers.

Couldn't agree more with you. I'll not be putting any of my hard earned towards anything this mob spew out.

Arse.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18474 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Ha, brilliant !

As happy as I am to hear that Bri and Rog will be on the road again, I'm not particularly fond of Lambert. But ... this is how they keep themselves relevant. They want to be remembered 20 years from now, and this is the kind of thing you do to get the next generation to hear your music.

I expect a setlist with 95% hits, but no record or anything else. Just a single tour. They're getting old so let them have their fun and make their money.

This makes the whole Paul Rodgers thing look not so bad now, eh naysayers? At least Rodgers was a legend who had every right to form a supergroup, and wasn't trying to impersonate Mercury. He sang every note with class and reverence. I expect nothing of the kind from Lambert.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2744 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Actually, last time i saw her in hollyweird she was driving a silver jaguar.

i think the notion of her needing to get money like that is absurd, so it fails the joke... On the other hand, with her other hand...Maybe she was just doing it for fun.

Well, i hate to tell the rest of you Queenzoners this... cause i don't admire Lambert.... BUT(!) i'm going. (assuming i can get tickets)

1)I missed my chance to see these guys jam in an intimate place in hollywood on the walk of fame induction night with Nuno and Steve Vai.

2)I missed them with Paul Rodgers for rampant excessive pure fan-ism... chose not to make it a priority: MOR rock meets an incredible band... inevitably chose not to go
sorta regretted that (they just simply STILL want to play and enjoy the thrill of it until they can't do it anymore)

3) It'll likely be the last time they tour. I guess this would be a good way of doing the 41st anniversary.

I guess.. :-/

I really just want to hear Bri and Rog play... that's important.

expect a corny spotlight on the first time played song : SOME DAY ONE DAY.

hell,... at least we'll hear it

"A world without preposterous prepositions could only be the best ...... world. "
Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

say its not true. this is fucking terrible! bring back paul rodgers or maybe jeff scott soto or matt bellamy or justin hawkins. lambert is exactly the kind of clebrity cocksucker that qpr sang about. just because he likes boys adam thinks he can replace fred. fred was a genius, lambert is not fit to even karaoke queen. this if true has completely disgusted me and makes me think brian and roger are senile!

"Give it to me one more time!"
Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 12, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pissing, shitting and vomitting on the legacy!

"Give it to me one more time!"