forum rss feed
Author

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 12, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Huge music night in America at the 2012 Grammys. So many great performances in one night - including Adele with Rolling in the Deep.

And the Grammy results:

Adele

Adele

Adele

Adele

Adele

Adele

Yeah, that's the story - Adele takes down 6 Grammys!
Huge night for Adele! She's amazing.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 12, 22:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally, I can't stand Adele

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 12, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good night for the Foos as well - five for them. Adele was deserving and looked absolutely stunning. It was a good show overall. Whitney stuff was poignant and sad. I'm still shocked. :(

jpf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 710 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 12, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
Good night for the Foos as well - five for them. Adele was deserving and looked absolutely stunning. It was a good show overall. Whitney stuff was poignant and sad. I'm still shocked. :(

You're shocked that a crack head died?

KISS "Monster" 2012

World Tour 2012/13

"Every night's a party at Melina's mansion!"
GratefulFan

Posted: 13 Feb 12, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A woman died you reprobate. She died suddenly, tragically and probably unnecessarily. She left an 18 year old child and a mother who are likely laid out flat in uncomprehending grief and shock. And it probably doesn't have a fig to do with crack anyway. Idiot.

GratefulFan

Posted: 13 Feb 12, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I liked the Foos' acceptance speech for 'Walk'. They talked about recording it in Dave's garage, and about how the recognition meant a great deal to them because it affirmed that what mattered was learning your craft and music's source in the heart and mind rather than studio polish and computerized perfection.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 12, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was too bad they didn't let that Chris Brown lip sync another song in honor of Whitney. That would have been sweet... they could have rolled pictures of Rihanna's black eye on the screen during.... Bobby Brown could have come out and sang background vocals....

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 12, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's the Dave Grohl speech. Probably the best thing ever said on that stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNfTXQ5BzI4

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
A woman died you reprobate. She died suddenly, tragically and probably unnecessarily. She left an 18 year old child and a mother who are likely laid out flat in uncomprehending grief and shock. And it probably doesn't have a fig to do with crack anyway. Idiot.

She was a crack head.

She fucked up her life. She fucked up her child's life.
She fucked up her family's lives.

I guess you'd only "dislike" her if she had been high behind the wheel of a car and killed someone.

Cunt.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure lots of people will miss jpf when he's gone. His pimp, for example.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:
I'm sure lots of people will miss jpf when he's gone. His pimp, for example.

KISS "Monster" 2012

World Tour 2012/13

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 06:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Am I the only one who thinks that Adele's music videos are better than the songs?

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

GratefulFan

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jpf wrote: She was a crack head.

She fucked up her life. She fucked up her child's life.
She fucked up her family's lives.

I guess you'd only "dislike" her if she had been high behind the wheel of a car and killed someone.

Cunt.

'Cause you've got a direct line into the Houston family and who messed up what for whom.  

I neither "like" nor "dislike" her.  For your average fully functioning human being (hint: not you)  it just clearly a sad and tragic outcome, no matter what she's done or how she contributed.  Dead serious here:  You know what's just as destructive as marrying Bobby Brown?  Taking on freaking Kiss as a life guide and eternal loyalty project when you're young and stupid.  Because it keeps you young, stunted and stupid.  Channeling the Gene Simmons persona and the ridiculous adolescent machismo and warped values system- which is exactly what you do - keeps you stunted and stupid.   And you appear to have no sense of just how fucked up, stunted and stupid you actually are.  If you weren't so freaking creepy, it would be sad.

GratefulFan

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thomasquinn 32989 wrote: Am I the only one who thinks that Adele's music videos are better than the songs?

I don't think so.  She's got her detractors and those who think she's much ado about not much.  A woman who I work with who is 30 hates her and finds her utterly boring.  I like her very much. Among other types of music, I really appreciate just her kind of singular, raw talent channeled through emotional but not over the top material.  One woman or one man standing at one microphone, virtually still, just making a beautiful sound and summoning universal emotions will always be a musical experience that resonates with a lot of people. Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You have worn out their welcome to some degree through overexposure, but they remain significant pieces of music I think.

GratefulFan

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
You know what's just as destructive as marrying Bobby Brown? Taking on freaking Kiss as a life guide and eternal loyalty project when you're young and stupid.  Because it keeps you young, stunted and stupid.  Channeling the Gene Simmons persona and the ridiculous adolescent machismo and warped values system- which is exactly what you do - keeps you stunted and stupid.   And you appear to have no sense of just how fucked up, stunted and stupid you actually are.

Standing ovation.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

The Real Wizard

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
One woman or one man standing at one microphone, virtually still, just making a beautiful sound and summoning universal emotions will always be a musical experience that resonates with a lot of people.

Very well put.

Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You have worn out their welcome to some degree through overexposure, but they remain significant pieces of music I think.

I think Set Fire To The Rain is far superior to both of them. The best pop song in a decade, as far as I'm concerned.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2808 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow... from this and the other post on Whitney... i'm surprised at two things:

1) Grateful Fan is a female
2) People would like to talk trash about a dead person on this site that it's FM.

(c'mon... u know some people do)

She probably had heart failure. Yes, made worse by drug abuse through the years. I didn't see the Foo's speech, thanks for the post.

Oh and thank you for reflections on a Kiss fan.

IMHO: they put on a great show... but the super fans... man... it's just all very strange and upsetting.

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
jpf wrote: She was a crack head.She fucked up her life. She fucked up her child's life.She fucked up her family's lives.I guess you'd only "dislike" her if she had been high behind the wheel of a car and killed someone.Cunt.
'Cause you've got a direct line into the Houston family and who messed up what for whom.  I neither "like" nor "dislike" her.  For your average fully functioning human being (hint: not you)  it just clearly a sad and tragic outcome, no matter what she's done or how she contributed.  Dead serious here:  You know what's just as destructive as marrying Bobby Brown?  Taking on freaking Kiss as a life guide and eternal loyalty project when you're young and stupid.  Because it keeps you young, stunted and stupid.  Channeling the Gene Simmons persona and the ridiculous adolescent machismo and warped values system- which is exactly what you do - keeps you stunted and stupid.   And you appear to have no sense of just how fucked up, stunted and stupid you actually are.  If you weren't so freaking creepy, it would be sad.

You write a lot, but say nothing.

You're neither intelligent, humorous, nor clever.

You bring nothing to the table.

You are simply a cunt.

A cunt spending a lot of time on a Queen discussion board.

Time for the cunt to get off his/her pedestal. You don't belong on one. You don't matter.

KISS "Monster" 2012

World Tour 2012/13

Posted: 14 Feb 12, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:
GratefulFan wrote:
You know what's just as destructive as marrying Bobby Brown? Taking on freaking Kiss as a life guide and eternal loyalty project when you're young and stupid.  Because it keeps you young, stunted and stupid.  Channeling the Gene Simmons persona and the ridiculous adolescent machismo and warped values system- which is exactly what you do - keeps you stunted and stupid.   And you appear to have no sense of just how fucked up, stunted and stupid you actually are.

Standing ovation.

Standing ovation. The time when you would have to remove your head from your ass.