This is not really an announce for a new concert or something.
Now you think, why posting this in the Announce forum of Queenzone ?
Please let me first explain some thoughts of me.
As you all know, megaupload is not available since last month.
Because of this lost, I can tell you, more than 80% of all 1-click hosting links was offline here on queenzone.
I thought... Time to do something back for the Queenzone-community: Let's bring all links back online.
I started with re-posting of the 1973 files on multiupload, but when I reached the year 1976, also multiupload has stopped their upload-services.
I was looking for some alternates and found www.upload-mirrors.com
. Until the year 1979 I have posted on this "multi-upload alternative". Because of stability problems of this site, I have searched again for an alternative and found embedupload.com. I reposted all the links again to this service.
When I look back to this "re-upload project" I have to tell that it is an immense job to repost all links.
Also annoying are all replies (is it spamming ???) on the board to make the new links public.
I have good feelings with organising and handle with huge amounts of data (people from the queenhub know this because of my total queenshare of about 2.5 TB) !
Since approx 2 years I'm sharing in the queenhub all concerts which are mentioned on the download section from www.Queenconcerts.com
(almost all links on the downloadsection from Queenconcerts.com are pointing to the direct links here on Queenzone).
Last year I have lost one of my HD's with all those concerts on it (and no physical backup ofcourse !!).
I was really happy that with the help of people in the Queenhub, 1-click hosting links on Queenzone and the torrent archive on Queenzone, I could rebuild this huge collection for more than 95% !
To protect this collection again I can do two things:
- buy another HD with a backup of all those files (but in case of for example a fire, I loose again everything.....nok nok nok hope it will never happen !!!!)
- Transfer a copy of all files to a trustable 1-click hosting service.
From all 1-click hosting services, there were only two more or less trustable services available:
- Rapidshare.com (but because of their policy it's not really an option)
I'm really amazed that shares on mediafire are still available, many years after their original upload.
Other plusses are:
- sharing collections with just one link.
- organizing folders on year, venue and different sources is perfect.
- no limits on quantity of shared files.
Minus point is:
- the bad upload-speed and 200 MB limit.
I have personally choosen for the mediafire option.
- I have a secure backup on-line.
- Relative good policy of Mediafire.
- I can help other people too infact that they loose their files for some reason.
- I receive a mail from mediafire before my links will be deleted (so I can download them again, or reupload them again)
- When the embedupload, multiupload or uploadmirror-links are gone (soon or later) I have a backup on mediafire, also for the torrent-files !!
- Really a huge work again to organise things
- From time to time I have to download all those files again so they keep online.
solutions for the minus-points:
The huge amount of work: no problem for me.
the bad upload-speed: I'm using Neembu Uploader, which let me upload all files in batch form (so I fill the queue and go to work and when returning home, all files are uploaded)
- From time to time downloading all files: entering the big general share link to all concerts into for example a batch download program called Mipony generates a new download for each single file (the counter before files will be deleted from the mediafire server is reset!!)
I see this online collection as an online-archive of Queen(related)-concerts.
I do this for personal use.
I share it, so other people can use it too.
My question to you all: is there a problem with direct linking to download-links without using a topic on Queenzone ?
For example: there is shared a new concert (or a remastered or upgraded one) on Queenzone (torrent and/or 1-click hosting).
Is there a problem when I download this concert (ofcourse after adding a "thank you" on that specific queenzone-topic) and adding it to the online mediafire database, so other people can download it also there ?
The best is that queenfan download the files from the original topic, so I don't want to "promote" my way of sharing files on mediafire !!!
I want just to add these files to the mediafire-database.
I have plans (not done yet) to add also a direct queenzone-topic-link "file" in the specific share-folder on mediafire, so people can be linked directly to the queenzone-topic.
To give you an idea of my (personal) plans, I share here already the concerts of 1973: http://www.mediafire.com/?2h46i61a4vhob
If there are problems with sharing this link, please let me know !!
I have used the names before the links on queenconcerts.com (downloadsection)
As extra I have added to each download link the exacte date when the concert was done (to make it more traceball to which date each link belongs)
When there is mentioned Audio 1 or Audio 2 for example, I'm pointing to the order on the download section of Queenconcerts.com !
Ofcourse I keep sharing also all torrent files, which has the future in my opinion !!
It's a huge story, so please let me know your thoughts about it !!!!