Forums > Queen - General Discussion > ANNOUNCE: Queen - 1994 Fan Club Message

forum rss feed
Author

DJGreg user not visiting Queenzone.com
DJGreg
Bohemian: 117 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 12, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZjEHWurJ8

Enjoy it!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18474 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 12, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VERY interesting watching this in retrospect.

First, Brian and Roger aren't in the same room together. It's been established that Roger and John started Made In Heaven without Brian in 1993, and Roger and Brian were not getting along at the time. Perhaps they hadn't completely mended fences by this point in 1994.

But more importantly:

"All dried up now." -- John Deacon

...perhaps the wisest thing ever said by a Queen member after 11/24/91. It's a double entendre, and he's well aware.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha, someone should dub a zombie groan on there and say it's Freddie.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1306 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sad to see John like that.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1306 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the share by the way. Could you upload it in best available quality to multiupload (or some other site?)
Thanks in advance

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2143 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quite interesting, thanks!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4685 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



The Real Wizard wrote: VERY interesting watching this in retrospect.

First, Brian and Roger aren't in the same room together. It's been established that Roger and John started Made In Heaven without Brian in 1993, and Roger and Brian were not getting along at the time. Perhaps they hadn't completely mended fences by this point in 1994.

But more importantly:

"All dried up now." -- John Deacon

...perhaps the wisest thing ever said by a Queen member after 11/24/91. It's a double entendre, and he's well aware.


I think he says "I'll dry up now" which is slang for I'll be quiet now. That makes sense since he said immediately prior that he didn't know what to say.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
DJGreg user not visiting Queenzone.com
DJGreg
Bohemian: 117 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:
Thanks for the share by the way. Could you upload it in best available quality to multiupload (or some other site?)
Thanks in advance


http://www.mediafire.com/?5jn6aibj8y6p6xr

madmetaltom user not visiting Queenzone.com
madmetaltom
Bohemian: 238 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice!!! got any more from stuff like this?

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1306 posts
add to buddy list send PM

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1306 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:
The Real Wizard wrote: VERY interesting watching this in retrospect.First, Brian and Roger aren't in the same room together. It's been established that Roger and John started Made In Heaven without Brian in 1993, and Roger and Brian were not getting along at the time. Perhaps they hadn't completely mended fences by this point in 1994.But more importantly:"All dried up now." -- John Deacon...perhaps the wisest thing ever said by a Queen member after 11/24/91. It's a double entendre, and he's well aware.
I think he says "I'll dry up now" which is slang for I'll be quiet now. That makes sense since he said immediately prior that he didn't know what to say.

----------------------------------------------------
Of course he says I'll dry up now. English is not my mothertongue but IMHO that was not that difficult to hear and understand. Sometimes people hear what they want to hear. No offence Bob.

AJM904 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a thrill it would've been being in the fan club in these days....anyone here a part of it back then?

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18474 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dammit, it is "I'll dry up now."

Fair enough, sometimes we hear what we want to hear. But I bet Deacon has been saying they're dried up for the last decade.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 12, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"All dried up now" is what I initially heard as well.  Probably less what one wants to hear and more the fact that "all dried up" is an idiomatic expression here where "I'll dry up" is not. Should be though. The Brits really do have the world's best slang. :)

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 930 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems that John had took a bath before the interview, Sir GH is right. (I'll will dry up now)


You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Makes you wonder why they bothered filming it, why they agreed to do it and why anyone would be interested in watching it.

Has to be the very WORST interview footage I've ever seen of anyone; christ - even George Bush had more interesting things to say......


Benn
GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Easy to see how John's self consciousness has maybe grown into something that sometimes seems almost phobic. When a simple planned annual fan message seems this daunting the idea of facing anything like a focused and curious media and public after all this time might be something like excruciating. His son said he almost got him out to the opening of Stormtroopers and Stilettos last year, but he backed out as the date neared.  Would have been really great to see him happy or at least comfortable with the significant honour that is due him.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2744 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
Easy to see how John's self consciousness has maybe grown into something that sometimes seems almost phobic. When a simple planned annual fan message seems this daunting the idea of facing anything like a focused and curious media and public after all this time might be something like excruciating. His son said he almost got him out to the opening of Stormtroopers and Stilettos last year, but he backed out as the date neared.  Would have been really great to see him happy or at least comfortable with the significant honour that is due him.

obviously doesn't want the fame and annoyances. Good for him, i guess. STILL i wish i could have caught that exhibition without traveling so far


"A world without preposterous prepositions could only be the best ...... world. "
Stormtrooper076 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 12, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing that