Forums > Queen - General Discussion > To those against Queen and Adam Lambert playing...

forum rss feed
Author

Canadian May Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LIGHTEN UP, would you please?

Ok, we get that Freddie was the first and the best -- which I don't dispute -- but he wasn't a god, alright?

Adam Lambert does a fine job with the Queen material he's done so far, and if he and Bri/Rog want to play -- and there's a demand for it -- I say let them.

If you don't want to know, no one's forcing you to. But PLEASE don't get on a pretentious high horse about how "QUEEN IS NOT A FARCE!" -- especially when referring to a band that dressed up in drag, more than once, AS A JOKE.

"I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I've got to find the will to carry on... The show must go on."
e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 692 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

are you familiar with the singing technique "vibrato"?

listen to the studio versions / live versions of the Queen songs lambert has sung when Freddie sings them (or Paul Rodgers for that matter).
Then see the mtv thing with lambert.

THEN get back to me and tell me he "does a fine job with the Queen material he's done so far"

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's a pretty broad brush I think.  Who are you addressing exactly?  There are a number of people who think Lambert was not a good choice who might be considered 'against' the collaboration for whom Freddie's status as a diety (or not) is utterly irrelevant.  The opinions range from practical, detached observations through people who are disappointed in a choice they see as superficial to those with their emotions a little more tied up who regard this as a hit on the legacy. Lambert doing a  good job on the material thus far is surely a matter of opinion, and not everybody shares yours. Or mine.  What's with the sudden need  around here to indiscriminately throw everybody who is less than thrilled about this for a range of reasons as diverse as there are people into some kind of weird soup pot, and then stand around the stove lecturing them?

dsmeer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 12, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you want to see Brian , Roger and Lambert play Go and see them.

I do not like Lambert and would have rather see just Brian and Roger. But that is not going to happen this year.

Freddie was the best (and still is), he was one of a kind. Lambert is different and I think less talented.

My opinion.

But have fun when you go and see them play.

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 12, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Canadian May Fan wrote:
But PLEASE don't get on a pretentious high horse.

Take your own advice here bud.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1305 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 12, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

e-man wrote:
are you familiar with the singing technique "vibrato"?
listen to the studio versions / live versions of the Queen songs lambert has sung when Freddie sings them (or Paul Rodgers for that matter).
Then see the mtv thing with lambert.
THEN get back to me and tell me he "does a fine job with the Queen material he's done so far"

Exactly. PLUS: AL is a C C C C C-lebrity.

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 12, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Canadian May Fan wrote:

NO! WE WILL CONTINUE TO RAGE!!!

Actually, in all honesty I'm really not against it at all.

These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.
Voice of Reason 2014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 12, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a load of rubbish.

"Build your muscles as your body decays!"
QueenLing user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenLing
Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 12, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Canadian May Fan wrote:
Ok, we get that Freddie was the first and the best -- which I don't dispute -- but he wasn't a god, alright?
Adam Lambert does a fine job with the Queen material he's done so far, and if he and Bri/Rog want to play -- and there's a demand for it -- I say let them.
If you don't want to know, no one's forcing you to. But PLEASE don't get on a pretentious high horse about how "QUEEN IS NOT A FARCE!" -- especially when referring to a band that dressed up in drag, more than once, AS A JOKE.

Actually, to many of us here, Freddie was a God. I can't stand Adam's sound. That's what you Adam fans don't get. Yes, Adam can sing, but he his tone sounds like ASS. I would have much preferred Brian and Roger do this alone (they can both sing).

Obviously, you're not a fan from the 70's because you just don't get what Queen was all about and what made them so damn awesome.

They call me Mad the Swine
AJM904 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 12, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they play ANY of his songs during concert this will be a disaster.

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1691 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 12, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenLing wrote:
Canadian May Fan wrote:

Actually, to many of us here, Freddie was a God. I can't stand Adam's sound. That's what you Adam fans don't get. Yes, Adam can sing, but he his tone sounds like ASS. I would have much preferred Brian and Roger do this alone (they can both sing).
Obviously, you're not a fan from the 70's because you just don't get what Queen was all about and what made them so damn awesome.

Yes Brian and Roger can sing but they are not frontmen, they both admit it so why can't you?

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2740 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 12, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

who cares....

on this point... the newbies prob have less flack...

but anyways, the gig is going to happen.

Just sit back and see how it goes.

If it's great, it's great and broadens their fanbase (while allowing them to gig again with a voice CAPABLE of reaching some notes.... maybe not the best artistic choice)..

if it doesn't.... well...

...:-/ meh.

"A world without preposterous prepositions could only be the best ...... world. "
someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 12, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queening,

I am a fan from the 70s. Adam is not Freddie. I understand you don't like his tone. But as a diehard Adam fan, I assure he has many "tones" in his repertoire. And he is one damn good showman. So give him a chance before you decide you hate him and his vocal ability.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1703 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 12, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The best Adam could do is tone it down a bit and let the music speak for itself. Not try to "front" Queen just sing the best he can, allow Brian and Roger their time to shine, act humble and lend himself to a cheesy Freddie tribute during the show. We Queen fans love all that crap.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1703 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 12, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now, how about a super tongue in cheek performance of him doing C-lebrity???

Think about it for a second. That would be a slap on a lot of people's faces and I'm sure Brian and Roger (specially) would appreciate the irony and the humor... provided it's a good performance.

BelfastQueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 05 Mar 12, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He should come out in the I Want to Break Free outfit. That would be great.

Though OP Freddie actually was a god.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3170 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 12, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote: Queening,

I am a fan from the 70s. Adam is not Freddie. I understand you don't like his tone. But as a diehard Adam fan, I assure he has many "tones" in his repertoire. And he is one damn good showman. So give him a chance before you decide you hate him and his vocal ability.

================

I like his vocal ability, but not his "style" on certain covers. Plus his live pitch isn't too great.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
FlavioBernardes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 06 Mar 12, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The worst decision... Why Brian and Roger don't return alone? Both sings very well! Everybody knows...

Flavio Bernardes.