Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen exhibition at O2

forum rss feed
Author

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 12, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at the O2 yesterday and I had some time to kill so I went upstairs to the BMI music exhibition, at first I thought it was just a collection of rock & roll photographs however if you go into the main exhibition there is a collection of rock memoribilia for all decades
in the Queen section there is Rogers original two tone bass drum, (the one used for Bo Rap and later seen as the small kit stage right during 39 etc. this particularly got me excited as I always wanted to get a close up view of the drum because it's pretty rare.
Also was a Brian May guild guitar and Freddies white jacket and trousers from the 86' tour, along with John's hand written I want to break free lyrics.

Plenty of other interesting rock & roll stuff about too but worth poping in to see if you are in the neighbourhood

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 12, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sadly not, no photography allowed and there were security guards everywhere making sure, I tried a couple of times to et the phone out but every time one would stand next to me, I suspect they get a lot of it

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 12, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It must have been awesome.

Any way the wind blows...