Forums > Queen - General Discussion > I get the distinct impression here that not many people like Brian.

forum rss feed
Author

BelfastQueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol seems a lot of people speak in a condescending way about his "senility" and his website and his recent actions.

Its quite funny in a way.

tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1567 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We won't be here if we don't like Brian and Freddie and Roger and John.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's the other Brian May we're not too fond of. His soundtracks are rather bland.

Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian is actually my fave member of the band and always has been. However, the Dappy/Adam Lambert/Lady Gaga stuff and his incessant tree hugging political views have really pissed me off. Just ROCK Bri, turn it to eleveb and shred! Dump Lambert, patch thing up with PR and more Collaborations with the Foos/Darkness/Lepps/Van Halen/Muse not these other shit acts.

"Give it to me one more time!"
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

might have something to do with hypocrisy, double standards and (in my case) shitting all over the legacy of a band i grew up with from 1974

go deo na hÉireann
people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1305 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie
Roger
Brian
John

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know Brian so can't say whether I like him or not.

BUT, I take huge issue with some of the decisions he's made musically since Freddie's death and, frankly, he appears to have gone completley bonkers and tainted the legacy of the vehicle that has elevated him to where he is.

Benn
TomP63 user not visiting Queenzone.com
TomP63
Bohemian: 362 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

might have something to do with hypocrisy, double standards and (in my case) shitting all over the legacy of a band i grew up with from 1974

I could not agree with you more here Brenski! Just my feelings, put down by you.....thanks.

Tom

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Brian too, I follow his website fairly regularly and many of his guitar solos on Queen songs I find to be amazing. He's a great, insightful person with some nice ideas and a generally humble attitude. However, like other people have said, I wish he and Roger would have done more to give Queen a legacy, like not releasing several hundred Greatest Hits albums with the same tracks over and over again. Other than that, I like him.

In the end, it seems that everything was better in the '70s.

Micrówave wrote:
It's the other Brian May we're not too fond of. His soundtracks are rather bland.

Heh

These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.
MartynTS user not visiting Queenzone.com
MartynTS
Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't really get why people call him a hypocrite... like what he said about the reality T.V. music shows like the voice. I didn't see him say anything bad about contestants on the show, so how is hypocritical if he's working with one?...

I don't see him trying to replace Freddie either, he's obviously trying to get someone who would be popular with the younger crowd, I'm not keen on it but i don't think it's wrong.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He shits me as much as any number of people I'm really fond of, famous or otherwise.

Why the fuck we have to be living in fucking La-La Land and ultra supportive of people no matter how often they do something stupid is a mystery to me.

It's a never ending cycle of our privileges that you people like to get stuck in. It works like this. Brian is allowed to do a thing. We're allowed to hate that thing or like it. He's allowed to pay attention to what we say or disregard it. AND SO ON, AND SO ON.

I for one, as a huuuuuge Brian fan, respect him too much to simply nod and say 'that's awesome Brian' every time he does something I think is crap. And, it's not as if he'd care anyway. So it's a great arrangement. We both get to have our fun, and no one is hurt.

NEXT PLEASE.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 929 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

waunakonor wrote:
I love Brian too, I follow his website fairly regularly and many of his guitar solos on Queen songs I find to be amazing. He's a great, insightful person with some nice ideas and a generally humble attitude. However, like other people have said, I wish he and Roger would have done more to give Queen a legacy, like not releasing several hundred Greatest Hits albums with the same tracks over and over again. Other than that, I like him.
In the end, it seems that everything was better in the '70s.
Micrówave wrote:

Heh

===========================

Could not say that better.... He seems to post more Badger and Fox news and saving Queen issues to the very end.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
brENsKi

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

somewhere there's a badger or fox website appeal demanding that all badgers/foxes get behind the cause and support the protection of the "lesser spotted grey-mop-head-haired, hippy clog-wearing endangered guitarist"

go deo na hÉireann
queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's jealousy.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2231 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really like Brian May. The man has made my life better so many times. His music is such a big chunk of my life. His compositions, his guitar playing, his interpretations, his arrangements and, yes, his vocals are a real good reason to keep going.

I mean it. I sing Brian May song lullabies for my kids, for Docs sake! (heh)

As for the points you guys make, I understand where you come from. Some commercial decisions are not what we fans would have wanted, but, hey, they're his commercial decisions! And of course when I hear some of his collaborations I have to struggle a little bit more to find the magic within, but it never failed to be there somehow, and to make me smile, at least.

Long live Brian, keep on rocking, Doc. it makes life much easier for this big fan of yours.

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian is great, but he's a hypocrite.

In the end, everyone is a hypocrite at one point or another. But, he's famous so he needs to be more careful.

Any way the wind blows...
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like him... is as adorable as a badger...
talking seriously, he`s a good guitarrist, a good musician and a good person who has his strange ways to do the things...

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
ksimpson1960 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just want Brian to put out more material. 2 or 3 solo albums that barely found their way to the States is not "cranking out" material. good or bad, more personal projects like "Star Fleet" (broken strings and all) would be nice and refreshing, he doesn't have to tour, the fans are happy, the money comes in, Brians name gets out, ... it's a win,win,win situation. ..let's see,20 years,only 3 albums.. no wonder people are angry... ..p.s. I've been a Queen fan since '74 and I'm not going to stop anytime soon.. Rock on Brian AND Roger ...To: John Please let us hear from you soon.

the dude 1366 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 12, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This site has really become a place for people to whine while hiding anonymously behind their keyboards. I'm pretty sure some of you ejaculating your usual goo on here will be in the front rows of Knebworth. You're the hypocrites!

brENsKi

Posted: 16 Mar 12, 02:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the dude 1366 wrote:
This site has really become a place for people to whine while hiding anonymously behind their keyboards. I'm pretty sure some of you ejaculating your usual goo on here will be in the front rows of Knebworth. You're the hypocrites!

bit of a sweeping statement there...summing up many people the same way.
so let me put you straight about me personally (the only peron anyone should speak for)
i will NOT be at Knebworth or anywhere else they tour. i grew up with Queen from 1974 - ok? - i was lucky enough to see queen live 5 times in their heyday - so perhaps i expect more
and for me - the constant "down with the kids collaborations", the pop-idol shit, the hypocrisy, the unending dumping on the legacy (and my memories) is unforgiveable
i'm not here for the new sh*t - i hate it.
i'm here to exchange info, and chat with people - esp about the old days
i'm here to talk about new music
i'm here because occsionally something good comes to light (tho seldom from QOL)
there is so much that QOL could do that would be good - but they don't just look at what the beatles, pink floyd, led zep, purple, rainbow and even the who have done for their legacies....then compare it to queen
ps - i don't hide behind my keyboard
pps - it's all freddie's fault - he called himself a "musical prostitute" and Brian has taken him literally since he died

go deo na hÉireann