Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Stealin Demo 12 mins

forum rss feed
Author

Queen1973 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen1973
Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 12, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow not heard this before nice to hear this anyone got any info about it.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4a4O96fjw&feature=related


ride the vision

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 12, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The sessions of The Miracle, Freddie improvises quite

a great demo

1sharppencil user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Mar 12, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah, having fun in the studio, this was cut down ("reduced") from 12 to 4 minutes and served as the B-side to "Breakthru"

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Mar 12, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should have had this in The Miracle remaster, not the four minute version.


These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Mar 12, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



waunakonor wrote: They should have had this in The Miracle remaster, not the four minute version.


That would have been too much! They need to save it for the Anthology for Queen's 200th anniversary!


Any way the wind blows...
Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MadTheSwine73 wrote:
waunakonor wrote: They should have had this in The Miracle remaster, not the four minute version.
That would have been too much! They need to save it for the Anthology for Queen's 200th anniversary!

xD

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10014 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many demos from the Miracle sessions are actually better than the stuff which ended up on the album

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MadTheSwine73 wrote:
waunakonor wrote: They should have had this in The Miracle remaster, not the four minute version.
That would have been too much! They need to save it for the Anthology for Queen's 200th anniversary!

I have a feeling that Queen has a lot of really great material stashed away somewhere secret and they're going to release it all to the public very gradually so that they'll have new stuff to release on big anniversaries well into the future.


These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 12, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who knows. All I know is that a lot of fans are tired of getting remasters of the same thing over and over again.

We want something new. We don't care what, just as long as we've never seen it before.


Any way the wind blows...
tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2142 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Apr 12, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:
Many demos from the Miracle sessions are actually better than the stuff which ended up on the album


I've never really given it thought, but you're absolutely right with that. Darn.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 2945 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 12, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd go for Rain Must Fall and My Baby Does Me as two of the weaker tracks on The Miracle, and whilst the band argued that the collaborative songwriting credits from then on prevented any arguments on song selection, I'd say that those two songs when compared to some that were left off, show this wasn't the case. I'd say that these are possibly two songs that John had most of a hand in writing and therefore they got included at the expense of better compositions by the other three?

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 12, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:
I'd go for Rain Must Fall and My Baby Does Me as two of the weaker tracks on The Miracle, and whilst the band argued that the collaborative songwriting credits from then on prevented any arguments on song selection, I'd say that those two songs when compared to some that were left off, show this wasn't the case. I'd say that these are possibly two songs that John had most of a hand in writing and therefore they got included at the expense of better compositions by the other three?

If they wanted to give Deacon more representation, they should have put in My Life Has Been Saved


These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.