Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen "Elite!".

forum rss feed
Author

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think both my record and generosity within the Queen community can speak for itself.
I have never been greedy with any of my material and apart from a few rarities I have kept behind for very special trades - my collection has been freely given - and widely bootlegged.

Almost every article, web-page and bootleg ever released has my fingerprints - somewhere, but I sit quietly, say little and expect even less.
Even those rarities I have reserved - will be released - sometime.

This is a good business strategy. If I decide to keep my iphone 3 for NOW, then give it away freely after I update to an iphone 4 - that does NOT make me " greedy" or a "cunt". It only keeps me one step ahead. You can take away my iPhone 4 with my blessing - but please wait until I get my iPhone 5. After all, it is me who is paying.

It is I who own the Bellboy tape. I have never released the "A" side (yet) because I thought there was a little more millage in it. In the next year or so I would HAVE released it anyway. Ask yourselves - did you even know the A side existed? If so - it was because I told you. Try and find someone (anyone) who had this track before 2012 - and you will draw a blank, because even the bell-boy had no copy.

In face of all this, all I recieve in return are threats, torrents of abuse, PC viruses, and (as can be seen) name-called as elitist, hoarder or "greedy cunt".

Thanks guys.

You really know how to support each other.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
John S Stuart

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not now - I gave it away!

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At least you didn't have it stolen. ;)

Well said, John.

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't know what this is all about... but after the contributions you made on the Freddie box, you're one of the best fans this band has.

You have a free pass to do with your collection what you wish. Just continue dangle a carrot every once in a while.

Woody43 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, I also have no idea what has been said - but obviously its pretty bad. So to show my ignorance - what is the bellboy tape and what is on the A and B side? I've been a longtime fan although not as up to speed as I used to be - I am now intrigued (wrong spelling - too much wine!)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

john you are not answerable to anyone. these people are the real cunts, selfish demanding, clawing ingrates who feel they have a divine right to everything for free - regardless of what it cost someone else...well fuck em
leechers, scroungers and parasites all

one slight slip-up john, you shouldn't have mentioned that you had "bell boy side 1", because this'll become the new "hangman" and these cunts will not let up, and the place will become even less bearable - of that's possible

go deo na hÉireann
John S Stuart

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:
john you are not answerable to anyone. these people are the real cunts, selfish demanding, clawing ingrates who feel they have a divine right to everything for free - regardless of what it cost someone else...well fuck em
leechers, scroungers and parasites all
one slight slip-up john, you shouldn't have mentioned that you had "bell boy side 1", because this'll become the new "hangman" and these cunts will not let up, and the place will become even less bearable - of that's possible

Thanks Brenski: The only reason I mentioned this was because it has already leaked on Queenzone. (Please don't expect me to supply a link!).

But my point was - it was leaked under the pretence of;

1: Mine was NOT the only copy - while in reality it is the only copy. Only one genuine version exists. This is not an acetate but a sole cassette.

2: I never, ever, shared this ever - but only once - with someone I thought I could trust - and guess what - within a few weeks it was up here. (you figure).

3 - The uploader claimed he had it years ago (as if it was some pre-copy) YET, a sonic forensic ananlysis revealed that it came from my Mini Disc. This was a great achievement as the bell boy cassette was recorded almost 10 years BEFORE the MD was invented!
Therefore my tape - which I converted to MD - was being touted as the original version!

4: Anyone can forensically see/hear that this share was from mini/disc. (Besides the MD was an edit - and guess what...)

5: The hub, PC, NAS or whatever this was downloaded from has electronic stamping. Everything uploaded and downloaded was recorded electronically. So I know exactly, when, where (ISP) and it was copied. Yet the uploader claims he never took it down - which in the face of this evidence is obviously a lie.

6: After asking for the download to be politely removed, the downloader provided a faked screen-shot to back-date innocence, denied all knowledge, the continued to update on other sites also

Now; don't get me wrong. C'est La vie - and all that. I really don't care about the tape. My life is far bigger and fuller than that, but the betray hurts, and in two or three years after all sharing has stopped, perhaps looking back on today may be seen as some-sort of doomsday - rather than a revolution.

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sympathize with the hardcore collectors. The very few I have ever known of come into contact with have been nice to me but really this has nothing to do with it:

If someone promises not to do something (share X material) and then does it, that is WRONG. this person is failing to their own word and will not be trusted again.

I don't see how someone can be considered a hero or a modern day Robin Hood for doing this. It's stupid, really... breaking a promise for 15 lousy minutes of fame with kids who will only look/hear the material once (twice if it makes it to their iPod playlist) and then forget about it.

It used to mean something... collecting, being a Queen fan.

So now this 17 year old hears a Queen song on American Idol, likes it and 10 minutes later he is listening to Drammen '82 on YouTube... -_- Heesh!

This sucks, for sure... I don't know if I would call this the Queen Armageddon or Queenpocalypse, though... :S

theCro user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 12, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:
I think both my record and generosity within the Queen community can speak for itself.
I have never been greedy with any of my material and apart from a few rarities I have kept behind for very special trades - my collection has been freely given - and widely bootlegged.
Almost every article, web-page and bootleg ever released has my fingerprints - somewhere, but I sit quietly, say little and expect even less.
Even those rarities I have reserved - will be released - sometime.
This is a good business strategy. If I decide to keep my iphone 3 for NOW, then give it away freely after I update to an iphone 4 - that does NOT make me " greedy" or a "cunt". It only keeps me one step ahead. You can take away my iPhone 4 with my blessing - but please wait until I get my iPhone 5. After all, it is me who is paying.
It is I who own the Bellboy tape. I have never released the "A" side (yet) because I thought there was a little more millage in it. In the next year or so I would HAVE released it anyway. Ask yourselves - did you even know the A side existed? If so - it was because I told you. Try and find someone (anyone) who had this track before 2012 - and you will draw a blank, because even the bell-boy had no copy.
In face of all this, all I recieve in return are threats, torrents of abuse, PC viruses, and (as can be seen) name-called as elitist, hoarder or "greedy cunt".
Thanks guys.
You really know how to support each other.

i'm really thankful for everything you shared.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was one thing for said uploader to be pushing the envelope when it came to their popular YouTube channel, however nice it was to organize a lot of rarities in one place in addition to some official material. But breaking the trust of a select few for the "benefit" of the many, and now all but guaranteeing that those of us who theoretically WERE to "benefit" are instead going to be fucked over for a LONG time in terms of any "new" rarity uploads...I hope you are proud of yourself, Robin Hood

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No one gives a fuck. It's not your fault, it's just the position that you're in.

People who offer band rarities on the internet will never make a real friendship doing so. Look at Dave R Fuller, and then look at yourself. No one actually *likes* the guy, but you can bet that they suck-the-hell up to him in order to keep him doing what he's doing. It's hilarious to watch the little kiss-asses go to work on him as though he recorded the music himself. Just because they want more of it.

Then there's you - you're perceived as a carrot dangler, or whatever, so the people who want something get frustrated and throw regular tantrums about it because they're not getting any.

What you have to accept is that you're basically irrelevant. Even if people were nice to you and gave you full credit for everything you do, it's not because they like you or care about you. They just want their rare shit. There's no point explaining to people who you are or what great work you've done, because really ... they don't care. They care about Queen, and you're just a middleman.

(Unless of course you were in the band or something, in which case I take that back).

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did forget to add that Dave Fuller is a worthless cocksucker.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
1sharppencil user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

could sb pls let us know what the "bellboy" is?
jss: nothing but respect for you

1sharppencil user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok, did my research...but I would expect sth detailed...

4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 508 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"revolution", "good business strategy".

Honestly? It's just a song. You'd think you were the one that made it the way you're ranting here.

You're posts are normally very inciteful and intersting, but this just reads like a madman who hasn't left his PC since the internet began.

I spent an absolute fortune when I was younger on bootlegs and "rare" material... all shitty quality and in hindsight a total waste of money (and not just because the same material is free online nowadays). Greedy "traders" preyed on young fans like myself and robbed us blind under the "rare" guise. These items would have had no monetary value had folk like yourself been more generous with material that no matter how hard it took to get... is the property of Queen. Why should you get to pick and choose what gets released and what gets hoarded. You're trying to have it both ways. i';m sure after you (generously) shared the BBC masters there were plenty of traders upset with your actions.... did they come to QZ and have a moan?

I appreciate the trading world, and apperciate the amount of effort genuine traders (like yourself) went to over the years to build up your collections, but those days are long gone. Anyone that gets upset because a track they had gets released should really have a think to why they'er getting upset. After you give someone a track (which is up to you) then you lose any rights of distribution. Whether you were duped or not!

Coming here and saying there's a "doomsday" starting... well, maybe you should have calmed down before writing such nonsense.

You could have just came on and said, "x is a cunt, he lied to me and shared a song I was hoarding and i want you all to know. I had the track first, it was mine" and then just put your dummy back in.

4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 508 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:
No one actually *likes* the guy, but you can bet that they suck-the-hell up to him in order to keep him doing what he's doing. It's hilarious to watch the little kiss-asses go to work on him as though he recorded the music himself.

Got to laugh here, you're being so hyopocritcal it's laughable. Did John S Stuart make the music himself?

You've a right to your opinion on Dave Fuller, but he has and still is sharing a wealth of Queen material that nobody had heard before or could find. Like most of us over a certain age, finding new Queen material isn't the be all and end all, but too the kids (who you call kiss-asses) just getting into the band in a big way, new material is a big rush. The same rush that most of us got at the same stage of our Queen fan apprenticeship. If you say you didn't then I'd say you're telling porkies.

Give Dave pelters all you like, but don't go making others sound like martyrs just because you know them from an internet forum. Not many (including John Stuart) have went to the same effort to release hard to find Queen material online without asking for nothing in return and without page long comments making sure the world knwos that they had it first. Not too mature.

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1788 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Joyful the sound
John S Stuart

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that I may be being stupid here - but this thread is not about Queen, music, traders, hoarders or even myself per se, but about personal troll abuse.
My point is: I do not think anyone (whether it is me - or anyone else) deserves threats, vile e-mails, personal messages or viruses. Yes; they can be deleted, but that doesn't make them any less tolerable.

Sure, in the real world we can accept that not everyone likes us. That is normal and acceptable.
But to have someone invade one's privacy and personal space in such a degrading manner is just not acceptable in a civilised society (imo).

And, there is no correct answer. I get trolled if I do share, and trolled if I do not. That is why I very rarely post on here anymore. It's just not worth the hassle.
It's not dummy spitting out, it's not even a complaint. It's a plea for understanding, not agreement or acceptance.

Get a job, get an education, get a widescreen HD telly. Life is too short. To quote Star Wars: "Who is the bigger fool. The fool who leads - or the fool who follows"?

Likewise who is the bigger c*nt?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Got to laugh here, you're being so hyopocritcal it's laughable"

I don't see how. I'm making an observation on the behaviour of fans, and furthermore it's a behaviour I'm not a fuckin' party to. I won't kiss anyone's arse on this forum with the assumption that I'm going to get something out of it. Either they upload stuff or they don't; I'm not about to grovel.

No hypocrisy there. I can only assume that you mean to say that you think I'm somehow talking up JSS at the expense of Dave Fuller, which I assure you was not my intention. I find Fuller's "I'm the 5th member of Queen" act a little galling at times, but ultimately I don't care about him or any collector.

The umbrage you see being taken with his actions in the past couple of days purely comes down to him being untrustworthy and self interested. He is a duplicitous sod; friendly when he has something to gain, dishonest when he's been caught out, and illiterate in the extreme if he thinks you've insulted him (I have the emails to prove it, ha ha).

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 12, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not involved in any of these trades so I have no inside knowledge. However it strikes me that some underhand deal was done whenever Sun City was offered here for free. The guy uploaded one part but not the other (as he promised to do). Now I'm willing to bet there's a few people on here know what happened to the second part and have kept quiet about it. My guess is that someone here made the guy an offer in return for exclusive owndership of the whole Sun City gig. I could be wrong of course -- maybe the guy just cleared off, or maybe he was using the partial upload as a bargaining ploy and wasn't the rather naive roadie figure he made himself out to be -- but if I'm right how does that sit with the idea that the "elite" traders are doing us all a favour? In this case surely they are keeping material out of the public domain? Should they be praised for this?

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)