Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The Miracle voted 10th worst album cover (on some obscure website)

forum rss feed
Author

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 12, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is the Miracle the 10th worst album cover of all time?

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/badalbumcoverstopten/toptenbadalbumcovers10.htm

I've never liked it but judging by some of the other monstrosities on that website, I'd say it's not even in the top 750. Hilarious to read the Stepford Fans' responses to the vote: well done guys!

My personal favourite is this one: http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/heino.jpg
Isn't he adorable!

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 12, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice! I've done the translation on the latter cover:

"Freedom Matters"

"All big fat lies. I bring flowers"

"Wikileaks"

"Don't Forget to Hit the Tip Jar"

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 12, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote: Nice! I've done the translation on the latter cover:

"Freedom Matters"

"All big fat lies. I bring flowers"

"Wikileaks"

"Don't Forget to Hit the Tip Jar"

Ha! At first glance it looks like "I love my mother", which seems appropriate somehow. He probably has her buried in the cellar.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"FxxKER. What the fxxk is Queen's 'The Miracle' and 'A Kind Of Magic' sleeves up there for? All the other bands are one-hit wonders, or non-hit musicians... but Queen is big! Seems to me someone is homophobic." Jacob Britt

^Can't believe no-one commented on that!

Also, one that actually made me laugh out loud.

''My dear sir-- the only exemoron [sic] i see around here is the same face you see in the mirror when you shave your balls!?!?!''

^That's an interesting insight. ;-)

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
Djdownsy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mama Please
Djdownsy
Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plus, the 'Miracle' cover isn't as bad a David Fuller's version of it!

Tá suil agam go bhuil tú go maith!

Arsebiscuits!!!!!
k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 535 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't be bothered to even check the link, the cover is fine for me, immediately recognisable.

Flash Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flash Jazz
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What? The Miracle has an AMAZING cover, easily one of the best

Flash Jazz

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 08:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should have picked The Game instead, HORRIBLE album cover and the only bad album cover from Queen

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"A flower bouquet that will never wither" & "A gift throughout the year" is what it actually says. Heino was later discovered to be an advanced scout for an alien albino race wanting to take over the earth, and vanished from the public eye. His home planet has replaced him with several hamsters and rabbits, easily recognisable by their white hair and red eyes. The takeover is not expected to happen anytime soon.

Flash Jazz

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fireplace wrote:
"A flower bouquet that will never wither" & "A gift throughout the year" is what it actually says. Heino was later discovered to be an advanced scout for an alien albino race wanting to take over the earth, and vanished from the public eye. His home planet has replaced him with several hamsters and rabbits, easily recognisable by their white hair and red eyes. The takeover is not expected to happen anytime soon.

....yep

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is pretty bad, but again, it WAS the 80s.

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 12, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flash Jazz wrote:
They should have picked The Game instead, HORRIBLE album cover and the only bad album cover from Queen

Well... "The Works" hasn´t a very nice cover neither

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
Flash Jazz

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERQRY wrote:
Flash Jazz wrote:

I like The Works. The Game is just so bad in every way. No colour, quite a bad picture of the band, and then that grey border kind of thing.. ugh

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll defend The Game.

Originally the cover was shiney silver, not grey and I think the photo was to show that this isn't the "Night At The Opera" Queen anymore. They growed up.

It also tied in with the Crazy Little Thing video that was really hot at the time.

I can't defend the Works though. Looks like a family Christmas card photo taken at Sears.

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The people commenting on that website trying to defend Queen in a very poor manner that is kind of an insult to Queen fans, although funny, aren't very interesting mainly because there are people who talk like that all over the Internet. After reading a couple of those comments I stopped because I got the point. "Ha ha, look! People on the Internet talking stupid like! Never seen that one before!"

I find it kind of hard to hate The Miracle cover mainly because of how much work was put into it. Besides, I really don't see how the picture is at all "scary" like the website suggests. A little bland, maybe, but scary?

MERQRY wrote:
Flash Jazz wrote:

Agreed, The Works is probably the worst cover. It just looks...stupid. I like The Game because it looks kind of badass, and I also agree with Rubbersuit's defense.

The best cover is probably News of the World, especially when viewed with the back cover and the picture on the inside sleeve. Now that is scary, but also really awesome! News of the World followed by Innuendo and Queen II; those are also a little scary, but still awesome.

These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.
MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

waunakonor wrote:
The people commenting on that website trying to defend Queen in a very poor manner that is kind of an insult to Queen fans, although funny, aren't very interesting mainly because there are people who talk like that all over the Internet. After reading a couple of those comments I stopped because I got the point. "Ha ha, look! People on the Internet talking stupid like! Never seen that one before!"I find it kind of hard to hate The Miracle cover mainly because of how much work was put into it. Besides, I really don't see how the picture is at all "scary" like the website suggests. A little bland, maybe, but scary?
MERQRY wrote:
Flash Jazz wrote:They should have picked The Game instead, HORRIBLE album cover and the only bad album cover from Queen
Agreed, The Works is probably the worst cover. It just looks...stupid. I like The Game because it looks kind of badass, and I also agree with Rubbersuit's defense.The best cover is probably News of the World, especially when viewed with the back cover and the picture on the inside sleeve. Now that is scary, but also really awesome! News of the World followed by Innuendo and Queen II; those are also a little scary, but still awesome.

I realize they deal with the death more than once in his 70´s covers:

Queen II: they are... mummified???
Sheer heart attack they are with a heart attack
News of the world: They are being killed by a robot...
plus Death on two legs... dead on time...

The best thing about The Game cover? the "Bike It" stamp on John´s shirt!!
I have the LP and is nice, silver not grey (cause is the USA version, i think the japanese version is silver too)

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2149 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 12, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've never cared much for it, even though I'm wearing a shirt with the album cover on it right now. Lol. Though I'd never wear it in public, cos admittedly, it's pretty frightening to look at. My favourite is probably News or Queen I.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 12, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it always struck me as being a little too
"primary school art class"
like someone physically cut bits of the heads out of photos and stuck them down so they overlapped

hard to explain but it's definitely a "you can see the joins even tho it's not obvious" moment

go deo na hÉireann
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 12, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Miracle was brilliant for its time but dated very quickly.

Obviously Queen II has the best sleeve but the best artwork of all has to go to Innuendo.