Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Live at the Yoyogi National Stadium 11.05.1985 WOODSTOCK TAPES WT 9906

forum rss feed
Author

Raffy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Raffy
Bohemian: 444 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone of you has this dvd:
http://tanieplyty.pl/product_info.php/currency/EUR/products_id/3934/language/en
It's from "Woodstock Tapes" label [DVD / WT 9906].
What is the audio/video quality? It's good as the original Japan release "Queen We Are The Champions - Final Live in Japan" (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=POBE-3200) or worse? Thanks ;)

Flash Taylor Sleman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flash Taylor Sleman
Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the CD. I bought here on my country, Brazil, Where it was sold as a official Queen product in a CD store. The tracklist of the CD is different. 'Love of My Life' is 'Love Is My Life' on the CD cover

shanoon user not visiting Queenzone.com
shanoon
Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have it, it's the same, but if i remember correctly there's an annoying "woodstock tapes watermark" on one corner through whole gig.. i check it tomorrow to be sure. not worth buying... same(at least to my ear)shitty audio, with not enough guitar etc..

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 12, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the mix is awful.

the keyboard is very prominent, while the guitar is buried

Raffy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Raffy
Bohemian: 444 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 12, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shanoon wrote:
i have it, it's the same, but if i remember correctly there's an annoying "woodstock tapes watermark" on one corner through whole gig.. i check it tomorrow to be sure. not worth buying... same(at least to my ear)shitty audio, with not enough guitar etc..

Yeah the watermak would be a great problem... it's useless and disturbing as the audio mix. Hope one day Queen Production will put their hands on the original masters and make a good mix. Does anyone of you know if it does exist a version with the same quality (no watermarks) of the original Japanese 2004 dvd version (since this version now is out of stock)? Thanks.

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 12, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My question
Is other source?