Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > RT suggests new tour dates with Lambert

forum rss feed
Author

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Taylor will be back in Queen mode come June and early July, when he and May play four planned shows with "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert, who they performed with during the 2009 "Idol" finals and at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards. Though a July 7 Sonishphere date in the U.K. was canceled, the June 30 show in Moscow in still on, and Taylor says Queen and Lambert will also play on a bill with Elton John in Kiev as well as do two early July shows at the Hammersmith Apollo to provide "some alternative... for some of the people who had bought tickets" to Sonisphere. Details for the other three dates will be announced soon.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice! :D

I wonder if Elton will guest with them for a 3rd one-off performance of TSMGO? His range has improved quite considerably in the last few years, would like to see how he would handle that one now.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you know when dates will announced and tickets will be on sale?

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Always keep an eye on Queenonline for any official announcements.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Taylor will be back in Queen mode come June and early July, when he and May play four planned shows with "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert"

doesn't exactly say what Lambert will be "playing" - my guess is - lead-electric cretin

go deo na h√Čireann
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Presumably this extract comes from a longer interview - can you point us to that please Gary?

Cheers

Montreux user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lambert = no interest...

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Montreux wrote:
Lambert = no interest...

was that:

a] a lambert comment
b] a QPL comment
c] a fanbase comment
d] a world comment

go deo na h√Čireann

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

View All Music News
QUEEN -- + ADAM LAMBERT -- WILL ROCK US SEVERAL TIMES THIS SUMMER

4/9/2012

It looks like Queen will be busy with new frontman Adam Lambert this summer. Drummer Roger Taylor tells The Insider that he and guitarist Brian May are planning to play four shows with the former "American Idol" finalist -- a June 30 concert in Moscow, another with Elton John in Kiev and two early July shows at the Hammersmith Apollo in England. The latter is to provide "some alternative...for some of the people who had bought tickets" to a July 7 Sonishpere festival date in England that was canceled. "We're really excited about it," Taylor says. "Adam...of course he has this unbelievable range, like Freddie (Mercury) had range. Adam can really cover it. He's an extraordinary singer and a real talent. I feel he fits into our sort of theatricality." As for doing more with Lambert, Taylor says that "we're just going to see what happens, how well it goes, how we get on." Taylor and May first performed with Lambert during the 2009 "Idol" finals and then at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards. Taylor says he and May have also been approached to be part of the Summer Olympics closing ceremonies in London but adds that "I don't think we're meant to say too much about it yet." Taylor and May are currently busy getting the new tribute road show, "The Queen Extravaganza," ready for its May 26 opening in Quebec, including a two-night "introduction" of the cast on the April 25-26 episodes of "American Idol." The "Extravaganza" plays on May 31 at Detroit's Fox Theatre.

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who knows, the Hammersmith shows might be good in a intimate venue, as long as they don't clash with the Olympics.

Will stay tuned to see what happens.

Arse.

Doga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Doga
Bohemian: 938 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeahhh! Small venue!! Maybe they will do something great! Hope they left the greatest hits for the big arena in Russia and make something with the first albums in the Hammy!

Biggzy10 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wouldn't mind Elton John touring with them permanently. I know he isn't the best choice but he was really good friends with Freddie till the day he died and his voice range is good enough for the songs. And most importantly... Its friggen Elton John.

Montreux user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Montreux wrote:
Lambert = no interest...

Just my personal opinion. I don't like his voice and singing at all... So, why should I go there and pay for it?

If Brian and Roger would reunite with Paul Rodgers, I'd be there, in the first row! Because I like Paul Rodgers and the stuff that he did with Brian and Roger.

MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Biggzy10 wrote: Wouldn't mind Elton John touring with them permanently. I know he isn't the best choice but he was really good friends with Freddie till the day he died and his voice range is good enough for the songs. And most importantly... Its friggen Elton John.

True. It is Elton John, one of the few great oldies still alive.

Any way the wind blows...
Scofflaw user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All this means, is that Lambert's sophomore cd is looking like it's gonna flop

YAFF user not visiting Queenzone.com
YAFF
Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote: "We're really excited about it," Taylor says. "Adam...of course he has this unbelievable range, like Freddie (Mercury) had range. Adam can really cover it. He's an extraordinary singer and a real talent. I feel he fits into our sort of theatricality."

I've truly grown to loathe Roger Taylor. He's such an ass and the weak link in the band. Queen could've replaced him with dozens of other drummers and he wouldn't have been missed. His solo career bombed so now he just wants to dump all over Freddie's memory.
Adam has range but a terrible sound. Range means very little if it doesn't sound good. How he could even compare Adam to Freddie shows what an utter wanker he is. Without Freddie we would have never even heard of Roger "puffer fish" Taylor

I'm not anti-AL. Not my cup of tea but a good performer but HE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE to being in the same league with Freddie Mercury. The sound of FM's voice was simply beautiful. Case in point: "You Take Me Breath Away" & "How Can I Go On?"

YAFF user not visiting Queenzone.com
YAFF
Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 12, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scofflaw wrote:
All this means, is that Lambert's sophomore cd is looking like it's gonna flop

guaranteed flop. Won't even go gold. his career has already fizzled out down to a cultish fanbase.