Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen+ AL Moscow date change + ???

forum rss feed
Author

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 12, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, I remember listening to recent Interview that Roger did with Chris Evans, where Roger was talking about the Sonisphere festival, where he said briefly about doing a couple of things in Moscow first. It was sort of a throw away comment, so when Moscow was Announced for just the one Gig, I thought it must be just the one Concert.

Now in a statement on Brian's website about about the Date Change of Moscow to the 3rd July, Brian said the following:-

The tickets bought for the 30th of June concert are not to be exchanged – they will be valid. Thus the concert that will take place on the 3d of July at the Olympic Arena will be the only "FULL VALUE" performance of Queen and Adam Lambert in 2012 in Russia.

I wonder what he meant by "Full Value, Performance"??? Does that mean there is going to be a "Less Than, Full Value Performance" First, a warm up gig perhaps, in a smaller venue? It sort of Ties in with what Roger had said to Chris Evans.

Hmmm!!!!

Joyful the sound
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Brian May, thanks for "reshuffeling" your Moscow date. Just bad luck for me who was stupid enough to believe that Queen are a professional organisation who simply play a gig when they already sold so many tickets. The "small inconvenience" is tickets for 250 euro lost because my flight back home is on July 3rd and now I cannot see the concert unless I can rebook the flight which is quite uncertain. Amateurs.

I do not want any google ads here.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus, that sucks Barb :(
I hope you'll be able to reschedule your itinerary

YourValentine

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May's message does not make any sense at all. The concert is in the Olympic Stadium. How can they reschedule such a huge gig only to make it more convenient for the London gigs. Apparently there is zero respect for the fans and customers. To move around such a big concert with no reason like illness or war must be unprecedented.

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a very bad parody of the original band Queen

Pierre user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pierre
Bohemian: 294 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 04:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1 off gig with warm up...Sphere gone then 2 extra gigs for the fans in London + warm up with a singer who HAS an OWN career...Of course they fit the gig date from Adams view..

Queen 2 Forever.
inu-liger

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: This is a very bad parody of the original band Queen

Along the lines of Monty Python, perhaps?

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Brian May, thanks for "reshuffeling" your Moscow date. Just bad luck for me who was stupid enough to believe that Queen are a professional organisation who simply play a gig when they already sold so many tickets. The "small inconvenience" is tickets for 250 euro lost because my flight back home is on July 3rd and now I cannot see the concert unless I can rebook the flight which is quite uncertain. Amateurs.

Brian May's message does not make any sense at all. The concert is in the Olympic Stadium. How can they reschedule such a huge gig only to make it more convenient for the London gigs. Apparently there is zero respect for the fans and customers. To move around such a big concert with no reason like illness or war must be unprecedented.

===============================================================

Yes Barbara, It is very bad on Queen's behalf. They just don't get it, do they? Long time Queen fans, will be on the ball, when the Tickets go on sale, tickets, plane flights & Hotels all booked, to only to be told, that they have changed the date of the gig. And WHY??? the original gig was only 3 days before, for gods sake, 3 days!!!!! why the need to change the date? Maybe so it does not put out "Poor little Adam Lambert, the poor soul, ahhh, bless his little cotton socks"
Sod Lambert!!! What about all the long term Queen fans.

Anyway Barbara, I truely hope that you can change yours & Klaus's 2 plane fights, without any extra costs incured. I wonder if Brian will foot the bill if the airline does charge you alteration costs!!!

Again, QPL Just Don't get it!!!!

Joyful the sound
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't wait! Maybe they'll do "Can't Be Tamed". Wait sorry, I meant "For Your Entertainment".

Kind of hard to keep track when it's virtually the same song. Hell, could even be the same shit singer for all I know.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3039 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just amazed that Brian has actually commented on something music related for once! I don't recall him mentioning anything on Adam Lambert or their plans, even when Sonisphere was originally announced as a gig.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4707 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think there's a big badger event planned for June 30th so the concert had to be cancelled.

Actually that's not true.

Shitty behaviour from "Queen" once again. Clearly Brian and Roger don't live in the same financial reality as most Queen fans.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Big badger event. Ha.

Still, I'm sure Barb will feel like a rock star as she gets off the plane in Moscow - regardless of the date. Hopefully, not too high a fee to change the tickets. Don't you need a visa to go to Russia? It seems more of a stressful trip than other places would be. But pretty cool that some of you all are planning this trip!

MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 12, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's Brian, what do you expect?

Any way the wind blows...
YourValentine

Posted: 16 Apr 12, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna, yes we need visa - quite expensive, in fact. We need an invitation from the host and an extra health insurance because Russia does not accept our private foreign country health insurance - only from specific companies. If we can rebook the flight we must re-apply for valid visa which cover the travel period.
We also needed new passports because ours were too old and could not be prolonged.
I am visiting a friend whom I know through our common Queen passion - he already invited us in 2008 but because I wanted to see the Rome and Milan gigs we could not afford to go to Moscow. I am definitely very happy to explore the city and meet my friend but I have tickets for the concert and I want to see it. If Brian were very ill or something bad would happen - I would not say a word. It was not their fault that the Sonisphere gig was cancelled but that was not the fault of the Moscow ticket holders, either. I think it is totally unacceptable to move around such a big concert after selling so many tickets just for personal convenience. It is so unprofessional that it places them in the same league as Axl Rose who also never respected his audience enough to make a little effort.

Montreux user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 12, 03:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another part of this very sad episode...

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 12, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who knows what the truth is here. This could even be Brian taking the fall for someone else's planning mishaps. In the world of gig booking, literally anything is possible.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1229 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 12, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just get over it. So what they've changed a gig date. It's not llike they've done it a week before the show. Roger Waters changed five dates on his current tour, it happens.

Posted: 17 Apr 12, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:
Just get over it. So what they've changed a gig date. It's not llike they've done it a week before the show. Roger Waters changed five dates on his current tour, it happens.

Just Get Over it!!! you say, either you are just Trolling for a reaction, or Don't live in the real world, or maybe, you are a multi-millionaire who can afford just to change your Plane flights/Hotels & get a Visa, ect, at a drop of a hat, "so what if you have to fork out extra money, Just Get Over It"

Joyful the sound
inu-liger

Posted: 17 Apr 12, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Word In Your Ear wrote:
Vocal harmony wrote:

Just Get Over it!!! you say, either you are just Trolling for a reaction, or Don't live in the real world, or maybe, you are a multi-millionaire who can afford just to change your Plane flights/Hotels & get a Visa, ect, at a drop of a hat, "so what if you have to fork out extra money, Just Get Over It"

That, and there's a big difference here: You (V.H.) are comparing ONE show (out of 3 total) against a whole massive tour itinerary! Most people affected by date changes usually can accommodate the new dates (or nearest venue), but in this case this might royally screw over a number of fans since as pointed out you need a visa to enter Russia, and visas are not necessarily easy to change at the drop of a hat!

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1229 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 12, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I meant was that they've given plenty of notice about the change. Yes it does screw peoples plans up, but there is plenty of time for them to change.

Queen are not the only band to have done this, and I'm sure they haven't done it without good reason.