Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > QUEEN add another European concert date.

forum rss feed
Author

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 12, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Legends Queen joined by Adam Lambert to perform in Poland
Concert date: July 7, Wroclaw, Poland

Queen and Adam Lambert have announced a further European concert together as part of dates they will play this summer.
The latest date added is July 7 when Queen, joined by Lambert, will perform as the headliner of a new festival, Rock in Wroclaw, Poland, appearing at the city’s Municipal Stadium as one of only a handful of concerts Queen and Lambert will perform in Europe this summer.
Following on from their concert at Moscow Sports Arena on July 3, this Poland performance will be among the very first shows Queen and Lambert play together.
They then go on to play London’s HMV Apollo Hammersmith July 11 & 12. The Hammersmith dates sold out instantly they went on sale and there is expectation Queen and Lambert could well add a further London date, although there is yet to be any officially announcement.
Tickets for the Polish show are on sale from Monday next week, April 30. Prices and purchase points are yet to be announced although enquiries are being directed to www.rockinwroclaw.pl and www.ticketteam.pl
The Rock in Wroclaw festival is organised by Musicart and Dynamicom agencies.
The Wroclaw concert will take place at the city’s new Municipal Stadium, which had its inaugural opening in September 2011 with George Michael and his “Symphonica – The Orchestral Tour”.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 12, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to bootleg this :)

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 12, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This definitely makes sense of the Moscow date change. I suspect Brian couldn't say why at first because of non-disclosure agreements until the approved press release timing.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 12, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It really makes no sense to me, Richard. Even if they honour the Warsaw date and do not ditch it in favour of some other London date: it still does not justify the rescheduling of Moscow. I would not buy a plane ticket or book a hotel unless it is 2 weeks before and the festival is not cancelled and BriRog did not change their minds about it.

I do not want any google ads here.

Doga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Doga
Bohemian: 938 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 12, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian & Roger are trying to play in places when never been before, to bring Queen music to new audiences. Fantastic!

And the place is big, too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion_Miejski_(Wroc%C5%82aw)

aber user not visiting Queenzone.com
aber
Bohemian: 153 posts

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 12, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GT wrote:
Legends Queen joined by Adam Lambert to perform in Poland
Concert date: July 7, Wroclaw, Poland
Queen and Adam Lambert have announced a further European concert together as part of dates they will play this summer.
The latest date added is July 7 when Queen, joined by Lambert, will perform as the headliner of a new festival, Rock in Wroclaw, Poland, appearing at the city’s Municipal Stadium as one of only a handful of concerts Queen and Lambert will perform in Europe this summer.
Following on from their concert at Moscow Sports Arena on July 3, this Poland performance will be among the very first shows Queen and Lambert play together.
They then go on to play London’s HMV Apollo Hammersmith July 11 & 12. The Hammersmith dates sold out instantly they went on sale and there is expectation Queen and Lambert could well add a further London date, although there is yet to be any officially announcement.
Tickets for the Polish show are on sale from Monday next week, April 30. Prices and purchase points are yet to be announced although enquiries are being directed to www.rockinwroclaw.pl and www.ticketteam.pl
The Rock in Wroclaw festival is organised by Musicart and Dynamicom agencies.
The Wroclaw concert will take place at the city’s new Municipal Stadium, which had its inaugural opening in September 2011 with George Michael and his “Symphonica – The Orchestral Tour”.

I heard they were going to perform in Kiev. Is it true?

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 12, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Could we PLEASE stop referring to this as "QUEEN"? Please refer to this misguided project as "Queen + Adam Lambert" or QAL.

We never referred to QPR as QUEEN and Paul Rodgers was ten times the man, the singer and the frontman AL can ever hope to be.

Thanks!

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3667 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 12, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen add nothing to nothing. Brian and Roger calling themselves queen do a gig or something...

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

inu-liger

Posted: 27 Apr 12, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote: It really makes no sense to me, Richard. Even if they honour the Warsaw date and do not ditch it in favour of some other London date: it still does not justify the rescheduling of Moscow. I would not buy a plane ticket or book a hotel unless it is 2 weeks before and the festival is not cancelled and BriRog did not change their minds about it.

It might not make sense to you, but the way I see it, it likely has to do with logistics (trucking equipment back and forth). Yes, I know the rescheduling of the Moscow date was a major inconvenience to the foreign non-Russian fans who had already made plans and had already arranged & paid for visas, flights, hotels, etc.
But I suspect the change was more of a business decision (again involving logistics) than a plan Queen, Adam Lambert & co. would have preferred to initiate on their own prerogative. We likely won't find out anyways, since there's usually always some sort of details that are covered by non-disclosure clauses.

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 12, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great news! Brian and Roger really seem to be in the mood for touring, otherwise we wouldn't have so many gigs. I think they would not book so many dates if they were insecure about playing with Adam. These are very good signs. I would guess more dates will be announced soon. Rock on, guys!
Cheers,
Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 12, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am sure it was a business decision, Richard - I never thought it was about music, just money.

I do not want any google ads here.

Val Lurex

Posted: 28 Apr 12, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My question is left unanswered... as usual.

mooghead

Posted: 28 Apr 12, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"My question is left unanswered... as usual."

You have the whole of the internet (8 billion+ pages) find out for yourself....

Val Lurex

Posted: 28 Apr 12, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote:
"My question is left unanswered... as usual."
You have the whole of the internet (8 billion+ pages) find out for yourself....

The Internet doesn't work fine for me, I'm sorry. Every time I want to search for something I get asked to go fuck myself.

Hope this clears everything up.

inu-liger

Posted: 28 Apr 12, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lostman there's been no confirmation as to the Kiev gig. It hasn't even shown up on any Elton John tour dates listing either.

mooghead

Posted: 28 Apr 12, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"The Internet doesn't work fine for me, I'm sorry. Every time I want to search for something I get asked to go fuck myself.

Hope this clears everything up."

Go fuck yourself.

Val Lurex

Posted: 29 Apr 12, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:
Lostman there's been no confirmation as to the Kiev gig. It hasn't even shown up on any Elton John tour dates listing either.

Thanks a lot for actually letting me know the thing.

It's a pity they aren't gonna come to Kiev. I was gonna visit the gig.

Well, maybe next time.

Val Lurex

Posted: 29 Apr 12, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mooghead wrote:
"The Internet doesn't work fine for me, I'm sorry. Every time I want to search for something I get asked to go fuck myself.
Hope this clears everything up."
Go fuck yourself.

What question, what answer.

I don't have any time for you, dear. Hence fuck off.