add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 May 12, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

May he rest in piece. I hate cancer

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 08 May 12, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not the biggest fan of the Beastie Boys. In fact, it kinda annoys me when I hear their songs on Alternative radio. I still love 'You Gotta Fight For Your Right to Party' though.

Putting that aside, Adam Yauch seemed like a very charismatic soul and a nice fella. I admire his activism for Human Rights, in particular towards the liberation of Tibet. It's incredibly sad that he's gone at such a young age.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 09 May 12, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The funny thing is that the Beastie Boys were for me always a hardcore punk band. I was seriously shocked after I realised (in the late 90's) that they are famous for their hip hop stuff :-) Kids at school in the early 90's looked surprised when I claimed my favourite B-Boys songs are Egg Raid On Mojo and Riot Fight, they had no clue what I'm talking about :-)

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 09 May 12, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's even more interesting that as a young group turning from punk to hip hop, they decided to employ an unknown DJ to incorporate into their live act. It went pretty good, because in a couple of years they had released their first full length smash "Licensed To Ill".

That unknown DJ was Rick Rubin.