Forums > Queen - General Discussion > That Adam Lambert

forum rss feed
Author

angermair73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
angermair73
Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 May 12, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well i didnt really think much of the collaboration but just thought "okay, i dont give much for an x-factor singer but nice if the rest of Queen want to play with somebody". I often check the http://www.queenconcerts.com/index.php site just to see what happened on this particular day. Then i see a video of an Adam Lambert interview and he cant even remember Brians name! What the.....! Now i lost that tiny bit of respect i had for him and i wish that the boys would choose someone else to sing with them. Sad sad sad.

What a great band!
Senna user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 17 May 12, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Duh! Everyone knows that Americans don't know who Brian thingamajiggy is.

Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 17 May 12, 03:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm American...I've known who Brian May is since I was 9...I'm now 31. There are more of us out here who know who Queen and the individual members are than you think actually...Adam Lambert is just some pop kid. Please don't think that he represents the majority of us who truly know great music when we hear it...

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!

Posted: 17 May 12, 04:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeez I was being ironic buddy.

queenUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com
...... as it began
queenUSA
Bohemian: 596 posts

Posted: 17 May 12, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam will perform on American Idol tonight. Tonight being May 17th.

I'll be right behind you, right until the ends of the Earth
Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 17 May 12, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

angermair73 wrote:
Well i didnt really think much of the collaboration but just thought "okay, i dont give much for an x-factor singer but nice if the rest of Queen want to play with somebody". I often check the http://www.queenconcerts.com/index.php site just to see what happened on this particular day. Then i see a video of an Adam Lambert interview and he cant even remember Brians name! What the.....! Now i lost that tiny bit of respect i had for him and i wish that the boys would choose someone else to sing with them. Sad sad sad.

I'm sure you've never forgotten anything ever in your life.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 17 May 12, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Although I'd genuinely prefer to be stung by a small herd of wasps than sit through two hours with that screeching, warbling ear mite who generally can't find the emotional centre of a song if it hit him in his pancake makeup face, WHAT does it matter that he couldn't immediately recall Brian's name three years ago or whatever?

tero! 48531 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 737 posts

Posted: 17 May 12, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GratefulFan wrote:
WHAT does it matter that he couldn't immediately recall Brian's name three years ago or whatever?

Obviously it matters because a credible musician would never forget the names of musicians who are in other bands...

Musicians like Roger Taylor would never have had any trouble naming the members of his own contemporary British bands, and such attempts would never be publicised.

Daniel Nester user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daniel Nester
Bohemian: 735 posts

Posted: 17 May 12, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really Tero? Roger sometimes can't remember his own songs, let alone the touring guitarist of Genesis.

God Save My Queen and God Save My Queen II | Soft Skull Press | http://www.danielnester.com
tero! 48531 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 737 posts

Posted: 18 May 12, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Daniel Nester wrote:
Really Tero? Roger sometimes can't remember his own songs, let alone the touring guitarist of Genesis.

I thought it was the members of Dire Straits he didn't remember?

In all fairness to Adam Lambert, you can't blame him for not knowing the lesser famous members of Queen, when these members of Queen can't remember the members of other bands...

Posted: 18 May 12, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Roger would never forget the name of other musicians then he would never invite a person to sing for them if he thought he wasn't good enough or something like that.