Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The Freddie Mercury Biopic

forum rss feed
Author

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1589 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 02:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would be nice to see more pictures of this chap.

dysan

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He could probably play ill freddie, if you don't mind me saying. There's a thread somewhere on here of a south american look a like who is amazing.

dysan

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 04:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I'm not convinced.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2806 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No offense, but dude looks just like a hemophiliac superfortunate "boy of brazil" Senator's gay kid.

No idea whether the guy has any talent or gall...or whether his only gift is slighting his wrists into a curl.
No less than that godawful idea of getting that prick goon Sach Baron Cohen involved in it.
I hope they don't make it if it involves that shithead.

Yours and mine (Our) kids will be involved in wwIII if the public caters to these sentiments.
They're sub-par (that's all it take, go take a look at "SNOOKI" and see what I mean), Jingoist pseusdo-humorists (they ridicule other cultures that even have a striking resemblance to "their own")

No abominations of human oversight should get past Roger Taylor's eyes as far as he would be concerned with the outcome.
The man has money enough.

I hope they respect the integrity of "the dream" enough to forgoe any kind of cheap maukster shitlite-s-ism$

Fuck the suits.

Get Rog + Bri and mack on board since Jim Hutton is dead...if not... (Mother)FUCK this project entirely.

Fuck these incendious schilling schmucks. (Chop chop!)

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
matt z

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Facials features don't mean shit (sorry to continue putting it bluntly--but that's how it is)

Characterisations are key. Sacha is a joke and another petty effort by QPC or Queen Productions to look like they're on the cutting edge of talent, humor, "hip-ness" and popularity..

...You can see what it has done since their involvment with american idol and the voice etc...

Objects of ridicule.

Cast no namers chosen by the director or better yet, an astute screen writer...otherwise you're looking at a major flop + EMBARRASSMENT on the level of 'SHOWGIRLS' (without the tits and ass of course) or THE COSMOS ROCKS.

Hopefully someone with a keen mind and artistic talent is overseeing this all; rather than the suits who'd rather see children crawl in dismay

Supersonic_Man89 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 241 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get this bloke to play him, looks just like him :)

0:14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0U6OAk2r5U

dysan

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No I'm not pro Baron Cohen or indeed convinced this film is a good idea. And I'm not at all sure why a person working on it would want to post all this here.

ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A lot of those pictures look like cut-and-paste jobs...

matt z

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I hear ya.

Just rambled a bit too much on what I see as a typical upsurge in crude entertainment. Maybe I have a few suspicions of hollywood; its take on world affairs and the impact of dehumanization that's found in Sacha Baron Cohen's shows/films. I know of and too many Marines and gun ho people that joined these campaigns in recent years. It all strikes me as some effort to boost warmongers.

I tend to "overwrite", but Jingoism is the appropriate word for this era.

Suggesting a Cabal kind of era.

Hopefully the film is great, and does a gresat justice to the band's personalities and talents. If I interpreted it right, it sounded as if Queen had a really rough time up until the late 70's. For instance touring the states in a station wagon etc.

Sorry bout the jab at THE COSMOS ROCKS... Its got a few solid bits on there, but the presentation was awful.
I LOVE "HIGHLANDER"...but much of what Queen's been involved with gets ridiculed as camp.

Instead of headshots and crude photoshop jobs, could you post a link to a film or work of this person?

If only just for conversations sake?

I mean, is it not already a done deal casting Sacha Baron Cohen?

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 12, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just ignore this medusa troll, folks. He already has quite an established history of trolling the QOL forums.

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 12, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MEDUSA-RULES do you have some kind of split personality or ocd where you have to post everything twice?

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3038 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 12, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

emrabt wrote:
MEDUSA-RULES do you have some kind of split personality or ocd where you have to post everything twice?

Only twice? That's understating it somewhat!!

Daniel Nester user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daniel Nester
Bohemian: 735 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 12, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you read the script, know the storyline, seen the [reputed] director's films, the screenwriter's films?

God Save My Queen and God Save My Queen II | Soft Skull Press | http://www.danielnester.com
inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please stick to Queenonline, thank you very much...

inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inigular...I like that, thank you :)

inu-liger

Posted: 13 Jun 12, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

May I offer a fair suggestion, Medusa? Please get a blog and condense your biopic/Queen related speculations there

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2149 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 12, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These are some pretty sizeable posts. What's more impressive is the fact that they're almost, if not entirely bullshit.

inu-liger

Posted: 13 Jun 12, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You don't own exclusive control rights to your threads. This is a PUBLIC forum.

Stick user not visiting Queenzone.com
Thinking is underrated.

Champion: 97 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 12, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kids, this is what happens when you read too much religious bullshit. You lose sight of reality and start seeing things that are simply not there. You start to learn that one can believe anything to be true and you even start to claim to be some sort of authority regarding what is the truth. Also this usually leads to a very black and white point of view. Good/evil, with me/against me, truth/lies, sane/insane, friendly/hateful. No discussion works with a point of view like this and it always end up being the person with the black and white point of view who accuses everyone who offers a bit of criticism to be a hater. Of course said person also seems to know exactly what the other is thinking and what his/her motivation is.
This Medusa character types his/her responses in a style reminiscent of the stories in a book like the bible and it looks a lot like he/she considers him/herself a bit of a prophet.
An explanation for the incapability of self criticism and the twisting of his/her own words and those of others could be the following way of thinking:
"I am a prophet so I could not have made a mistake so (insert insane way of reasoning) this weird conclusion witch excludes me from any fault must be the truth!"
This combined with his/her adoration of Freddie and the obsession for the forthcoming film (in which Freddie would have to be portrayed as god on earth if you have to believe this Medusa) leads to the insane ramblings on Queenonline and Queenzone.
Most people just consider this Medusa a psycho or a deranged fanatic with too much free time but I think the situation is a bit more complex.
But of course this is just one man's opinion after analysing Medusa's posts here and on Queenonline and I could be completely wrong but somehow I think this explanation may hold some truth.

Stick user not visiting Queenzone.com
Thinking is underrated.

Champion: 97 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 12, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MEDUSA-RULES wrote:
Your fascination with me is very flattering. But has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Don't flatter yourself. I am as fascinated by the psychology behind your ramblings as I am by the psychology behind a person who slices and dices another human being and has sex with it's limbless corpse. Insane and mind boggling but fascinating nonetheless.

And as someone already pointed out to you (even though most people know the futility of trying to reason with you) this is a public forum and the analysis of your psyche is as much a valid subject in this thread as the original topic of it.
As with a criminal trial the actions and "reasoning" behind it are both important for a complete understanding. It's the same with you.