Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Another actor playing Freddie in Kenny Everett biopic.

forum rss feed
Author

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BBC4 will be showing the new biopic of Kenny Everett in the next week or so and according to IMBD, the part of Freddie is to be played by a young actor by the name of James Floyd. Some of the BBC4 biopics have been very good (Kenneth Williams, Hughie Green, Harry H Corbett). Others have been a bit hit & miss. Looks promising though.

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2149 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hm, the guy doesn't look much like Freddie.. Haven't seen the Kenny they used so can't comment on that

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1588 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 12, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That Peter Straker is quite good. I hope you contact Peter to let him know.

emrabt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1118 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please stop spamming the boards, keep your casting to your threads, instead of posting a billion photos in other threads.

And it's not about looks, it's about acting ability, especially with Kenny as he has a whole bunch of characters and voices to imitate.

=============
mine is better
============

At what?

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously Barb, please start setting examples by banning this troll for a change...

jackunion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This medusa person has also filled the Queenonline forums with this crap. People over there are already well sick of him!

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2803 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I certainly hope there is no such "law"

That's ridiculous.

There's no harrassment either, just disdain.

Aside from that, I find these casting posts sorta interesting; though I know they're probably not so useful. Its interesting that's all.some people have fair approximations for a look etc.

But yes, its about acting. Which is yet another reason Sascha Baron Cohen shouldn't be involved.

So..you're both right. People can ignore this topic altogether if its annoying.

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"they dont have to read my threads on the biopic!"

YOUR threads? I'm sorry, but you have also invaded SEVERAL other threads created by other posters and try to force everyone to read your crap there as well. It's not a case of them having to read your stuff, it's a case of them having to deal with the fact you spam most of the threads there! Hence why everyone has been labeling you a troll and asking you to either tone it down or stop posting

inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please explain to me how I am "jealous", since you clearly know how my mind works?

inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 06:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"what dont you like about my posts in this thread ?"

It's not "what", but "why"...Your posting style is what earns you the criticism of being a troll... You post in a manner that deliberately fails to follow proper English grammar and format, including spreading sentences over separate lines rather than in a proper paragraph format, in order to make sure people conveniently don't overlook and miss your brilliant posts.
There are LOTS of mistakes with your spelling and lack of punctuation & proper capitalization, or lack thereof.

You also put in a lot of arrogance, false pride and speculation into your posts, in an attempt to try and convince us you're clearly some sort of know-it-all expert (eg. with the Freddie Mercury biopic) and take you seriously as a result.

inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"and my cliams of this and that
if you look at them have come to fruition"

Please provide some solid examples

"I spoil you i must admit and make myself a target by even talking to you. Because to be frank you are not a very nice person at all."

That's a shame you're so sadly mistaken. I have numerous people including some I've met from QZ and QOL in person who will back up my good character. I just don't tolerate trolls otherwise, I really dislike them. You people really help ruin communities like QZ and QOL.

inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tl;dr

AdamMethos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Medusa's been around since the QE contest started last fall (YouTube name DILLONSONG). At the time s/he was spamming all of the videos for the vocalists, trashing the vocalists and telling people to vote for her pick Raphael Donadieu. It got so bad, YouTube posters accused DILLONSONG of BEING Raphael, and started telling people NOT to vote for Raphael. He ended up withdrawing from the contest.

inu-liger

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AdamMethos wrote: Medusa's been around since the QE contest started last fall (YouTube name DILLONSONG). At the time s/he was spamming all of the videos for the vocalists, trashing the vocalists and telling people to vote for her pick Raphael Donadieu. It got so bad, YouTube posters accused DILLONSONG of BEING Raphael, and started telling people NOT to vote for Raphael. He ended up withdrawing from the contest.

I remember seeing some of those nasty comments in some of the vocal audition videos I'd checked out, but I wasn't aware Raphael withdrew from the contest as a result. Nevermind though he would have never made it to the finals anyways, since he first of all couldn't hold pitch and phrasing properly all the all in his covers I've heard, and secondly had a very noticeable accent which couldn't be masked in the singing.

I think Medusa is a nutbag honestly...just look at all these stupid videos on his YouTube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/DILLONSONG/videos ). I get the impression he has severe mental issues, and probably lives at home surviving on social welfare. Who else would have so much time to waste on putting together such a collection of needless bandwidth garbage?

Missreclusive user not visiting Queenzone.com
Missreclusive
Bohemian: 666 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It gets out of hand when someone OVER-POSTS. Too too many posts, long and laborious.

AdamMethos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 12, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MEDUSA-RULES wrote:
raphael was french

This is the reason Raphael left. He signed up for the contest saying he was from Quebec, but one his accusers found out he is actually from France and was in a French Queen cover band. So when he was picked for round 2, even though he would obviously be disqualified if he made it to the finals, he basically stole the slot by preventing another eligible vocalist from getting into round 2. So Raphael left before that revelation brought even more abuse down on him.

inu-liger

Posted: 13 Jun 12, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tl;dr

inu-liger

Posted: 13 Jun 12, 03:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously, I can't or won't be bothered to read your beyond excessively long, pointless diatribes at 3 in the morning. Learn to write with proper grammatical and structural English first before some of us will even THINK of taking you seriously! Even *I* don't write posts as long as yours when I'm in a rantful mood, and I'm known for writing "long" posts which quite frankly are short by your standards!

jackunion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 12, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MEDUSA-RULES wrote:
jackunion wrote:
This medusa person has also filled the Queenonline forums with this crap. People over there are already well sick of him!

what is crap?
my pictures
my opinions what?

OK, in response to your question (what is crap?), let me make this simple: ALL OF IT!

You drone on and on and on and on like some demented, obsessed fruit-loop (nutter).

It's one thing to be passionate about something, but to write epic, monotonous posts over and over again is goddam annoying. Please, please, please grow up.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 12, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But i have contacted GK GILMS TRIBECA AND BRIAN MAY WITH MY CAST

1.  Do you think they'll take you seriously?
2.  Did you use something other than Google Translate, such as a real English speaking person?
3.  Do you think there's a chance we'll be watching it in a theatre some day and you'll be listed in the credits as "Casting By"