Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Ever Met Freddie?

forum rss feed
Author

Supersonic_Man89 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jun 12, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just curious regarding people's experiences of meeting Freddie. Haven't really heard a lot about what he was like with his fans face to face.

Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 12, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People I've talked to on Youtube have said he was great with fans! There's this guy named "Dancing Dave" or something (I think he's on Queenzone), that met the band after the Leeds show. He said Freddie was very cool!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1237 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 12, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I once done some re-pointing for Brian on his chimney- twat ripped me off.

Master Marathon Runner
Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1229 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 12, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

master marathon runner wrote:
I once done some re-pointing for Brian on his chimney- twat ripped me off.

Care to elaborate?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 12, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was a bit of a white supremacist, and he never passed up an opportunity to remind you about it. But otherwise he was a splendid chap. Always had the latest cricket scores - he'd make them up, usually, but at least it was something.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2803 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 05:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:
He was a bit of a white supremacist, and he never passed up an opportunity to remind you about it. But otherwise he was a splendid chap. Always had the latest cricket scores - he'd make them up, usually, but at least it was something.

Wow. I find this a great topic!.... Dunno if Zebonka is talking trash or not (most likely is...but attitudes are hardly suprising in people 'set-aside' bearing no regular social activity)

Soooo, if zebonka is honest: did he ever say 'I hate n***ers, but that Paul Prenter...he sure knows how to straighten up the ball hair!!"

Anyways. Being that this ought to be an informative topic; I decline further trollism.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN 'FORTUNATE ENOUGH' TO HAVE MET FREDDIE MERCURY IN MY LIFETIME.

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
Flash Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flash Jazz
Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of his best friends was black

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 521 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I spoke to Freddie in the lounge area at the haycock hotel where he was staying and i was working.He was admiring some paintings.The band had been filming the breaktrhu video up at the nene nene valley railway.I also had a chat with Roger about fun in space and my hot space tee shirt which i had on underneath my work shirt.Both were very nice guys.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice one Philip! Did you get the tee shirt signed? You should've!

LordOfAllDarkness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A friend of mine met Freddie at Heaven Club in London, he told him that he was a Queen fan, Freddie just said thanks and quickly got back to his friends, he was extremely shy.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"One of his best friends was black"

An OBVIOUS cover!

"but attitudes are hardly suprising in people 'set-aside' bearing no regular social activity"

Huh??

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 2803 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:
"One of his best friends was black"
An OBVIOUS cover!
"but attitudes are hardly suprising in people 'set-aside' bearing no regular social activity"
Huh??

Yeah, astounded at my own poor phrasing.

I meant: nothing would surprise me about a "celebrity's" private life/opinion. Some people enjoy the fame and relish it, others hate it. Some have strange perspectives, biases. I was just wondering if what you said had any validity or if it was just an attempt at humor.

"Come tonight! Come to the Overbite! Come See Freddie rock Toniiiiight!"
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i met Freddie at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert. he said that he wasn't ever really ill, and that he faked it all just to get away from Brian. He said brian got on his nerves and wasn't really a very good guitarist either in his opinion.

go deo na hÉireann
ParisNair user not visiting Queenzone.com
See right through you!!
ParisNair
Bohemian: 873 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:
i met Freddie at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert. he said that he wasn't ever really ill, and that he faked it all just to get away from Brian. He said brian got on his nerves and wasn't really a very good guitarist either in his opinion.

Yeah? Did he offer an opinion on how those guest performers were killing queen songs?

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

Not funny. not even close to funny. Like most of your posts.

brENsKi

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:
brENsKi wrote:

Not funny. not even close to funny. Like most of your posts.

chill the fuck out

ps - like "your" posts are anything to write home about?

go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ParisNair wrote:
brENsKi wrote:

Yeah? Did he offer an opinion on how those guest performers were killing queen songs?

he respected most of them, felt bowie's "lord's prayer" was a little unnecessary, annie lennox over-egged the cake a little but he thought axl was a cock...which wasn't far wrong as things turned out

go deo na hÉireann
Gregsynth user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen fan since 2005
Gregsynth
Deity: 3184 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 12, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, come on. Brenski's posts are humorous. No need for the "scum of the earth" comments!

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me-Freddie Mercury
bobo the chimp

Posted: 19 Jun 12, 02:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I was just wondering if what you said had any validity or if it was just an attempt at humor."

The old (bullshit) story about Elvis was that 'niggers are only good for buying my records and shining my shoes', which was of course nonsense. I saw someone jokingly attribute that same quote to Freddie once, and it's stuck.

GT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 799 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 12, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met Freddie on two occasions at video shoots. He seemed quite comfortable in front of many people, all dressed up playing a part on stage. Off stage he was very shy and usually surrounded by bodyguards and friends.
If I was part of the London gay scene in the '80's I would of met him at some club or other many times - unfortunately I lived many miles away.