Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Budapest blu-ray to come in October?

forum rss feed
Author

Kevinrm15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

fr1986 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fr1986
Bohemian: 191 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 12, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Intresting, but i thought hammersmtith 75 was to be release this year.
i only hope that when the time comes to release live magic they release the whole knebworth show, Does anybody know when the live cds will be released??

Hello
Marknow

Posted: 23 Jun 12, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fr1986 wrote: Intresting, but i thought hammersmtith 75 was to be release this year.

That is what a lot of people have thought for a while now, me included.

Although a BD of Budapest has been spoken about, should this be true I would be gladly surprised.

Arse.

Val Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Val Lurex
Deity: 2714 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 12, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it must be true this time. Let's just wait and see. Would be good if they're going to add some bonus material.

"I really feel like being evil tonight."
MadTheSwine73 user not visiting Queenzone.com
God Save The Queen
MadTheSwine73
Royalty: 1013 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 12, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At this point, anything new is appreciated.

Any way the wind blows...
fr1986 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fr1986
Bohemian: 191 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 12, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

right marknow, although we were expecting hammersmith a full hd release of budapest will be great. It's gonna be also wonderful because it will mean that the only concert of the magic tour to be released will be knebworth.

aber user not visiting Queenzone.com
aber
Bohemian: 153 posts

Hello
Marknow

advanced159 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 12, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8_ig4SPAak&feature=plcp

under the number of reproductions and likes you can see the logo of eagle rock

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 520 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the latest rehearsal pics you can see that they're using Budapest for the Bo Rap segment, must be a genuine release.

tero! 48531 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 737 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems that Queen Productions has learned nothing from the previous releases... Again we have Polish websites posting all the information two months before any official message.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd settle for a decent 70's live omnibus. Quality doesn't have to be stellar. It's the performance that counts, and in those days Queen were cooking.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is very underwhelming. After all the hints about what's going to be released, they go for Budapest -- yet another Magic Years concert and a re-release. When are we going to see the 1970s concerts?

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why do you call it a re-release ? Budapest was never released on any digital format, it was released only on VHS and laserdisc, sped up from 24fps to 25fps, brutally edited and overdubbed.

IF they would fix the speed (and I really mean the SPEED, not just the PITCH as they did with Montreal), and maybe even put out the whole show (IF they have the full negative) it could be a really great release ! As you know I'm the one who keeps on bitchin' about their releases, but in the case they would do this CORRECTLY (that means AT LEAST fix the speed) it would be REALLY great

rocknrolllover user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hangman
rocknrolllover
Deity: 2576 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 05:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:
This is very underwhelming. After all the hints about what's going to be released, they go for Budapest -- yet another Magic Years concert and a re-release. When are we going to see the 1970s concerts?

I think very very soon, I hope after Budapest will be Rainbow or Hammersmith Odeon 1975

I've got the power to love to live

I can't say it ain't right
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote: Why do you call it a re-release ? Budapest was never released on any digital format, it was released only on VHS and laserdisc, sped up from 24fps to 25fps, brutally edited and overdubbed.

IF they would fix the speed (and I really mean the SPEED, not just the PITCH as they did with Montreal), and maybe even put out the whole show (IF they have the full negative) it could be a really great release ! As you know I'm the one who keeps on bitchin' about their releases, but in the case they would do this CORRECTLY (that means AT LEAST fix the speed) it would be REALLY great

Even if they do everything you say (which I doubt - based on Wembley, Montreal & Queen+PR, there will be overdubs) I would still prefer they do proper releases of 1970s concerts before releasing another version of a show that's already available, albeit only on video. And it's a Magic Years releaseĀ -- yawn. Creatively, this was close to their weakest period.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
rocknrolllover user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hangman
rocknrolllover
Deity: 2576 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I feel that none of you do not want to Budapest on blu ray. Everybody`s moaning

I've got the power to love to live

I can't say it ain't right
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rocknrolllover wrote: I feel that none of you do not want to Budapest on blu ray. Everybody`s moaning

Only about your double negatives.

e-man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 697 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 12, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in terms of production, this is the best gig Queen have in their archive. it makes sense to release it while its technology is still up to date

some of the 70s stuff will look inferior compared to budapest.
of course; I hope they put it all out, but budapest is the best thing they have to offer in terms of visual quality