Forums > Queen - General Discussion > THOUGHTS ON QUEEN AND ADAM LAMBERT

forum rss feed
Author

GOATHEAD1985 user not visiting Queenzone.com
GOATHEAD1985
Rocker: 38 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WHAT EVERONES THOUGHTS ON QUEEN AND LAMBERT LIVE??

WASNT FUSSED ON HIM SINGING WITH QUEEN TO SAY THE LEAST BUT WATCHING THE FULL SHOW ON YOUTUBE IT WASNT THAT BAD.

ROGER AND BRIAN ARE STILL PRETTY GOOD LIVE FOR MEN IN THEIR 60'S.

LITTLE DRUM SOLO BETWEEN ROGER AND RUFUS WAS PRETTY COOL.

SET LIST WAS A LITTLE SURPRISE WITH THE SELECTION ON SONGS.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ON THE CONCERT?

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I DIDN'T WATCH THE WHOLE THING, BUT FROM WHAT I SAW IT WASN'T TOO BAD.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO FIT QUEEN'S MUSIC BETTER THAN ADAM LAMBERT, BUT FOR THE MOST PART IT WAS EASY TO IGNORE THAT THIS GUY IS NO FREDDIE MERCURY.

HIS VIBRATO JUST LOOKS AND SOUNDS STUPID THOUGH. WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DO THAT??

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE CONCERT WAS A KIND OF MAGIC THROUGH '39, WHEN ADAM WASN'T SINGING.

OVERALL, IT WAS NICE SEEING BRIAN AND ROGER GOING OUT AND PERFORMING QUEEN AGAIN.

I AGREE THAT THE TWO OF THEM ARE STILL PRETTY GOOD DESPITE BEING IN THEIR 60S.

These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.
mooghead user is on Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3662 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOUD NOISES!!

Over the Field user not visiting Queenzone.com
Over the Field
Bohemian: 170 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I WAS SUPRISED HOW GOOD ROGER & BRIAN WERE, CONSIDERING THEIR AGE, THEY STILL ROCKED! ADAM WASN'T THAT GOOD. HE WASN'T BAD BUT I WAS EXPECTING MUCH MORE OF HIM.

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm watching the concert for the second time (the encores will be the first time for me) and these are my observations so far.

1. Flash - great
2. The Hero beginning - incredibly chaotic, I must admit that hearing it on Saturday night, my first thought was that Brian's guitar just exploded :-)
3. Seven Seas Of Rhye - terrible vocals
4. Keep Yourself Alive - terrible vocals, band plays too slow
5. We Will Rock You (fast) - is officially now renamed to We Will Rock You (ultra slow). Terrible vocals, band plays extremely slow
6. Fat Bottomed Girls - boring performance, terrible vocals, fucked up lyrics
7. Don't Stop Me Now - terrible vocals, the band gets slightly better
8. Under Pressure - great performance, great vocals from Roger, not so bad vocals from Adam, great drumming from Rufus
9. I Want It All - fucked up pretty badly, at least the fast part sounds like rock for the first time in the evening
10. Who Wants To Live Forever - I thought FINALLY Adam sings something in a "listenable" way, but he started to scream badly in the second part
11. A Kind Of Magic - perfect vocals from Roger, great drumming from Rufus, great guitar from Brian - first REALLY good performance of the evening
12. These Are The Days Of Our Lives - the same as point 11
13. Love Of My Life - the keyboards ruin the song absolutely, but the end is a nice duet between Brian and Freddie
14. '39 - yes, simply great
15. Dragon Attack - slow as hell, pretty bad vocals, but tolerable, annoying and boring bass solo
16. Drum duel between father and son - sheer pleasure to watch and listen
17. Guitar Solo - Doctor Bri shows he's STILL a damn good guitar player, I enjoyed it a lot
18. I Want To Break Free - quite boring performance, nothing special
19. Another One Bites The Dust - incredibly BAD vocals, incredibly BAD vocal improvisation with(out) the audience, the band played fine
20. Radio Ga Ga - quite good vocals, band gives a standard performance
21. Somebody To Love - too slow, bad vocals at the beginning, very bad singing before the guitar solo and later ? My first SHUT THE FUCK UP LAMBERT moment. Good ending by the band, NOT by Lambert
22. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - starts with really bad guitar, continues with crappy vocals

pittrek

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

23. The Show Must Go On - quite nice, really
24. Bohemian Rhapsody - my second SHUT THE FUCK UP LAMBERT moment, followed by my first SOMEBODY SHOOT THE ASSHOLE moment
25. Tie Your Mother Down - pretty bad vocals from Brian. There are MANY cuts at the end of the song on my version, do all versions have these problems ?
26. We Will Rock You - Adam starts too soon - again :-( And who the fuck is Victor Romantica ? And why does he deserve to sing WWRY with these guys ?
27. We Are The Champions - I'm listening to it right now and I just wanted to write that I love it. That is before Adam started to do those strange noises at the end - here comes my third SHUT THE FUCK UP LAMBERT moment

Hey' where's God Save The Queen ? Or at least God Save Yulia Timoshenko ?

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1229 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You really enjoyed it then!!!

pittrek

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Under Pressure, some parts of I Want It All and WWTLF, A Kind Of Magic, TATDOOL, LOML, 30, solos and TSMGO, nothing else

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1229 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having got the first show out the way, it will be interesting to see how the other shows work out.

The plan in Moscow was to have the long thrust and smaller B stage, as featured on the Q+PR shows. If they stick to the plan It will be interesting to see how Adam Lambert copes with the extra staging and, as the only band playing, the prospect of a longer show and set list.

cacatua user not visiting Queenzone.com
cacatua
Bohemian: 514 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see that nothing has changed here.

Everyone thinks his own fleas are gazelles.
Montreux user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would copy pittrek's sentences, but I just want say, this project is totally rubbish!!!!!

kosimodo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 553 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Compared to the QPR shows i thought it had more energy and fun.

I liked the first part better. With some other choise of songs i would enjoy it even more.

Be honoust guys... How. Much can you watch totc? Man i cant even hear frees all right now anymore. Can it be more boring?

Ipad noob atwork

epson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 81 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I enjoyed the concert, I'm not a huge fan of the vocals but it was a great to hear the Queen sound live again.

It good to see the set list changed somewhat in the first part of the show.

The only thing that annoyed me was Adam Lambert singing the start of Bohemian Rhapsody, it should be Freddie only.

Other than that, it was pretty solid for there first concert together, it can only get better.

Life is a game we play and I want to play the game with you.
Michael user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My opinion? Queen have now totally tarnished their legacy. First it was that ridiculous "We Will Rock You" musical, then the talent show that is "Queen Extravaganza", now an American idol finalist as their lead singer? Oh, come on!

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i must say i nearly/pretty much agree with pittreks,summing up of the songs .
BUT.
i have to say,i wanted the guy to be good,but it was just ok.
his voice for me was way to high/screechy,
is that how he sings all the time?
one point i may be wrong about,did brian completley forget the words to tie your mum down???
liked rogers egging on/well done etc to rufus.
adam lambert looked like garry glitter(sure someone pointed that out).
loved the older song choice,was stunned at the start flash intro liked that.
and someone commented about just bri and rog doing without a guest singer,yes i like that idea.
but,i still prefer paul rodgers.sorry.
in my not so musical oppinion it is just ok,maybe 6 out of 10 and still think his voice is to high.
just remembered what his voice reminded me of....the guy who sang at buck pallace during the jubilee for the we will rock you set,bo rhap.
but loved the lighting rig.10/10

brunogorski user not visiting Queenzone.com
Is this the real Bruno Gorski?
brunogorski
Bohemian: 567 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was loving the fact that everybody was using Caps Lock to support the creator of the topic, why did you guys just stopped?!

Missreclusive user not visiting Queenzone.com
Missreclusive
Bohemian: 666 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 12, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL

Queen1973 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queen1973
Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the show live with the stream and 3 times again after, i was really suprised with the show, Adam lambert surprised me also. Think his voice is strong and it was good that someone actually could sing who wants to live forever. It was there first gig together and i bet he was nervous standing in freddies shoes. He did a good job so stop complaining guys. But im not sure Queen and Adam Lambert go together. Overall it was good.

ride the vision

SOMEHOW user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excellent "review" haha , I did not expect perfection from Lambert but the band was not perfect either, they need make adjustments in vocals, and do something with Lambert in his OH AH OH AH awful!

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I quite liked the show watching it the first and second time. After the third time it's getting to bother me. I think Roger is quite fit and has a good overall voice.
I don't know what seems wrong with Brian however. It seems he has put too much weight on his back and does not seems to be in real shape. Maybe because of all his side projects. Badger saving, Astronomy books etc. He surely had not find the time to get in touring shape. Seems a bit slow at some points and his licks aren't what we may expect.
Adam does have a great voice for some songs but I really don't see the click or magic here. Somebody pointed out Marc Martel is a Freddie impersonator. Don't see it that way. I think he can do justice to Queen. He plays piano and guitar very well and has a huge interest in classical music. Why not him? I feel Adam could fit in, but than in the 70's Glamrock period.

Setlist is allright to me. But the beginning seems to be a total mess with Flash into the Hero and..... nothing????
Seven Seas of Rhy was nice but it should have ended just like the show on the Princes Trust. Keep yourself Alive didn't fit after SSOR. They should have done Tear it up of Liar here I think.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!