Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Petition against Q+AL?

forum rss feed
Author

ptr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there anyone who would want to cooperate on petition against this terrible thing? Brian on his sites writes, that he get just positive reactions.... There are a LOT of fans who are against longer cooperation with Lambert and I would like to know him about "us".... Open letter or petition looks like optimal form.

I want to write it in good way, no harsh comments, its just about saying that Adam Lambert did not perform good way and the songs with his voice sounded really bad. Nothing personal against him. Just letting them know THIS...

I would like to make it that way: fans would sign it (maybe better would be real names instead of nicknames, countries) and add the number of Queen (or QPR) concerts they have seen and optional other commentary. Its not biased against the upcoming concerts (Moscow and London), its against possible future cooperation for bigger tour or recording (which is possible according to latest interviews!).

Would you sign this?

Freddie is irreplaceable, but Q+PR were great! Q+AL are disaster. :(
Biggzy10 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys are a bunch of complainers. Dont like it, dont watch it.

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10071 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course he gets just positive reactions. I have tried to write on queenonline what I REALLY felt, and ALMOST all of my comments disappeared :-)

croatiafan user not visiting Queenzone.com
croatiafan
Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After reading all the neagative comments , I would have to say that there are A LOT of angry fans out there, but I don't think it would help much to sing the petition! The truth is they are getting a lot of support from AL fans...but I would sign,why not;-O

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3664 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Petitions never ever ever ever achieve anything

waunakonor user not visiting Queenzone.com
Let's fucking do it, darling!
waunakonor
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No

These are the days of our lives

They've flown in the swiftness of time.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The second the word 'petition' leaves your lips, you're an asshole.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
ATRUEFANWITHPATIENCE user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of you guys need to get a life. Have you nothing else better to do? And before you say "we are just expressing our opinion", so am I! If you don't like Q+AL then don't follow it, watch it, listen to it or read about it just go and find something else to moan about! Unless one of us un-earths or builds ourselves a time machine the old Queen aint coming back, get over it! All I know is that I never got to see Freddie perform so i will take whatever incarnation of Queen I can get, and if I don't like it I won't listen to it, simples! I think Adam Lambert did a very good job in Kiev, especially as it was his first full gig, he hit the notes, ok he over sings now and again, but so did Freddie occasionally, if you've got it use it! I for one can't wait to see them At Hammersmith! My opinion.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I would not even sign it because you're an idiot. Petitions like this wouldn't EVER work, plus calling it now after the fact only shows poor planning.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1229 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a joke.. You have a choice and so do the people who like what they're doing.

I would suggest you exercise your right not to watch or listen to these shows if you feel that strongly.

If you think a petition is going to stop a tour in it's tracks, you're delusional.

The Fairy King user is on Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Face it, they can't perform these songs ALONE.
They've found a guy with a killer voice, who is WILLING and BRAVE enough to perform these difficult songs. He doesn't have to do it, he's huge in his own right with a thriving career (unlike some has-been with hair plugs i won't mention).
So sit back, relax, stfu and enjoy the fact that these old geezers are still playing FFS!

Killed by drones.
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ptr wrote:
I want to write it in good way, no harsh comments, its just about saying that Adam Lambert did not perform good way and the songs with his voice sounded really bad. Nothing personal against him. Just letting them know THIS...

Hmmm.... "sounded really bad" to who?  Did you actually attend every show they've performed together at?  Because NOTHING sounds good live on Youtube.  Was Adam out of pitch?  Did he not swing his hips to the beat?  It's been 25 years or more since some of these tunes were performed live.  What dance moves did he do wrong?  Were you expecting him to move like Freddie or something?  He's not Freddie and I don't think anyone is wanting someone to "act" like Freddie.

And what is the point of "letting them know THIS"?  Are you expecting them to stop performing?
What about:
1.  The people who like Adam and would love to see this
2.  Fans that have already purchased tickets
3.  The expenses of hiring a touring company... who pays that then, Brian or Roger?
4.  The venues who agreed to the performance... now all they're employees don't get to work that night
5.  The casual laborers who were hired to build stages, run cable, provide hospitality, etc. 

You really haven't thought this through, have you?  Or you're just a cold hearted son of a bitch.... or maybe a bank executive.

Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

where do i sign?, i will just get a pen...

"Give it to me one more time!"
ptr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have anyone of you read that completely???

Its NOT against current concerts! Its NOT against planned concerts in London...

Im just worried about things which sadly can happen - have you heard what crazy thing Brian said at the Moscow airport (about Lamberts voice) - that he never ever heard such a great voice? Have you read latest interview with Lambert that he would be positive about working on new stuff with Brian and Roger? Do you want to se live DVD with Lambert and then regular concert tour?

Im not interested in mobile phone recordings from concert, but the first show was recorded, filmed and broadcasted in quality which is really good for review... That concert in Kiev was just disaster, nothing else. I agree with the commentary that was written here on QZ - amateur recordings from Queen Extravaganza sounds better than this rubbish! And then - Brian´s commentary on his website looks like from another planet.

You are happy that you have a singer who has a range... But range means NOTHING... You have to be able to control it... Lambert? He fails! His tone in high notes is just awful (Who Wants To Live Forever is great example). He cant use power in his voice without vibrato... Vibrato should be a "bonus", something that you add into some notes in particular parts of songs.. His singing improvisations "added" into the songs (for example at the beginning of I Want It All) are really... disgusting. Its all about tone of his voice and vibrato completely out of control...

Freddie is irreplaceable, but Q+PR were great! Q+AL are disaster. :(
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anyone looked at adam lamberts fan sites,to see if theres a petition to get rid of bri and rog lol.

jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you're all assholes

CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
Vela user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh do grow up! Some of us would petition against the abominable Extravaganza but we're not that childish and, quite frankly, have lives.

As for getting a lot of support from Adam Lambert fans, they are getting a lot of support from Queen fans. For every negative post from a genuine fan (and by that I mean not fans of the Excretiaganza singers or fans of other talent show contestants pretending to be Queen fans but showing by what they say and even how they spell certain things that they're not Queen fans at all) there's a hundred positive ones from genuine fans, and the number has grown particularly after the Kiev gig. Practically all my lifelong friends are fans because we grew up with the band. Not one of them is anything but pleased to see Adam Lambert fronting the band. I don't know anyone in the real world who has a problem with it.

What a surprise to see ptr here and making yet another comment that does nothing but show ignorance and bias. Amateur footage from the Extravagabondanza sounds better? Sweetheart...... professionally recorded, remixed and remastered footage of that embarrassing pile would still sound like walruses backed by kids on tin drums and washboards.

Adam Lambert doesn't have control? Seriously? If you genuinely believe that about a singer who is widely recognised by the great and good of the industry, both musicians and producers, as having the best control (amongst other vocal qualities) they've ever heard in any singer, I suggest you're in URGENT need of a hearing test at the very least.

I'm starting to wonder whether the P and the R in ptr stand for Paul Rodgers. How are you doing these days? In fact, what are you doing?

It's completely beyond me and anyone I know what that young man has done to some of you that is so bad. He's doing a great job of some extremely demanding songs (and, with the greatest of respect, singing some of them better than Freddie ever did live), putting in stunning performances and bringing the band back to life after previously having hired a singer who for all his ability in his particular genre was as much fun on stage as Gordon Brown. I don't know, has Adam Lambert punched some of your grandmothers, bullied your children, kicked your dogs, run over your cats?

What an absurdly over the top reaction from a small (yes, small compared to the positivity) bunch whose heads are clearly as hard as Stonehenge. The guys have found themselves an excellent singer (and it's not like either he or they rushed the decision) who does the songs justice, performs his arse off and has chemistry with the guys. What's not to like? I hope they do make it a more permanent arrangement and I do hope that they record together at some point. I can't see it happening any time soon as Adam has an album out and will more than likely have to tour with that some time this year but long may he reign as singer of Queen.

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 535 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, firstly I must say that I've not been on this forum for a while, although I've been a fan for many years and Queen is still much in my heart. Secondly, the thread encouraged me to watch the show in Kiev. Well, I've only watched 30 mins so far, but hell... this ROCKS! As some of you may know, the QPR project never really grew on me, but this show is pretty much amazing so far. It certainly does sound like they are developing their "new" sound, but it is exciting and Adam is one hell of a frontman. To hear Queen perform a setlist which opens with Flash and goes stright to Brighton Rock snippets and Fat Bottomed Girls is actually quite refreshing (after all these Magic rehash years). And it sounds very... alive (excuse my lack of a better word, a bit tired at this time of night).

Times have definitely changed, but I think that instead of rebelling against it, they simply fly with it and, wow, Roger just sounds amazing on AKOM. Adam is putting on a very brave face and it sounds like they're just having fun. Where are my tickets now?!

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

david (galashiels) wrote:
anyone looked at adam lamberts fan sites,to see if theres a petition to get rid of bri and rog lol.

DING

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2255 posts

Posted: 03 Jul 12, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let me see:

- A petition to ask my favourite musicians to stop their current plans and quit performing with their current line-up? No, thanks.

- A petition to ask my 60+ year old idols to stop their current hard work and start all over? No, thanks.

- Apetition to discourage the current output of Brian and Roger? No, thanks.

- A petition to deprive me and millions of fans from the fun of seeing them perform live, maybe for the last few times? No, thanks.

- A petition to ask Brian and Roger to actually not go into a studio and record together, even with any other artists they choose to do so with? No, thanks.

Mmmmm, as you see, I am really in serious doubt here, but, no, thanks.

Cheers,

Ogre-

Keep Passing the Open Windows