Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Adam Lambert is just terrible, period

forum rss feed
Author

radiogugu user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jul 12, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ46L-aORDw
Just watch him BUTCHER the show must go on. Guy is absolutely god awful. Where is the emotion? Off key in every song, with his goat-like vibrato that is annoying as hell to listen to. Oversinging his off key notes every second of the song and screaming to even reach a note.
He is terrible for queen. I am sick and tired of you Glamteeniefans flooding queen forums, as if you were even a fan of queen before their appearance in American Idol and Glambert joining them.
You don't know shit about Queen, Adam is a terrible fit. Actually, everyone is a terribel fit for queen because Freddie can't be replaced. But Adam is especially bad and you spamming queen forums is not going to change our minds no matter how hard you keep trying!

YAFF user not visiting Queenzone.com
YAFF
Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 12, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

radiogugu wrote:
Just watch him BUTCHER the show must go on. Guy is absolutely god awful. Where is the emotion? Off key in every song, with his goat-like vibrato that is annoying as hell to listen to. Oversinging his off key notes every second of the song and screaming to even reach a note.
He is terrible for queen.

Brian May & Roger Taylor have been terrible for "Queen" for going on 17 years now. Should we be surprised? The only one outside of the online cult that people have respect for these days is Freddie Mercury...and perhaps John Deacon if they even know who he is.

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 12, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha ha. Screen cap when I watched the video:

Posted: 10 Jul 12, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ LMAO!

Daniel Nester user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daniel Nester
Bohemian: 735 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 12, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you even hear him that clearly in this video? Lots of Ruskies singing along.

God Save My Queen and God Save My Queen II | Soft Skull Press | http://www.danielnester.com
someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 617 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 00:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YAFF wrote:
radiogugu wrote:

Brian May & Roger Taylor have been terrible for "Queen" for going on 17 years now. Should we be surprised? The only one outside of the online cult that people have respect for these days is Freddie Mercury...and perhaps John Deacon if they even know who he is.

Well, this is just your opinion. I thought he did a great job. Only heard only one off key note at the end. Heard a lot of off key singing from the audience. He is not oversinging in my opinion. That is his style. And I am 53 and very familiar with Queen music. Adam is not Freddie. Adam is Adam. You just dont like him. I do. Doesnt mean he is terrible, just that you think he is.

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:
YAFF wrote:
radiogugu wrote:

Well, this is just your opinion. I thought he did a great job. Only heard only one off key note at the end. Heard a lot of off key singing from the audience. He is not oversinging in my opinion. That is his style. And I am 53 and very familiar with Queen music. Adam is not Freddie. Adam is Adam. You just dont like him. I do. Doesnt mean he is terrible, just that you think he is.

Keep you ears checked. He was flat the entire song

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I still liked what I heard. Maybe I am just blinded by his beauty and charisma.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I still liked what I heard. Maybe I am just blinded by his beauty and charisma.

His WHAT ?

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You heard me. His beauty, charisma, completely ridiculous over-the-top stage presence and, yes, fantastic rock vocals. Still trying to get Grateful Fan to like the fruitcake!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buwU6k7RP2c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pittrek and Others, you can have your boring, old Marc Martel. I'll take this glorious, ridiculous fruitcake ANY day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WtCJX1YmtU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the common Adam LAmbert fan

croatiafan user not visiting Queenzone.com
croatiafan
Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it came down to Adam Lambert, or no more Brian May, and Roger Taylor as Queen? I'd have to say thanks for the memories guys. Adam is terrible but I don't care about him,I'm just so disappointed with Brian and Roger!

shamar user not visiting Queenzone.com
shamar
Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

His WHAT ?

beauty and charisma.
That's probably name of some make-up products.

Montreux user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally for me that's most terrible Queen + project ever!

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fans of Lambert still talk about his "great vibrato"... Sorry, but when I listen to his singing, I get a feeling he actually uses vibrator...

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The worse interpretations of Queen songs were just by Tandy (The 46664 Concert, 2003), by Five (Party In The Park 2000) and by drunk Zucchero (Pavarotti and Friends 2003).

croatiafan user not visiting Queenzone.com
croatiafan
Rocker: 30 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Montreux wrote:
Sorry, but when I listen to his singing, I get a feeling he actually uses vibrator...

LOL

princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think he's doing quite a good job. his voice imho. suits better than paul's ever did.
i can understand all the moaners out here for accepting nobody at all interpreting freddie's (and queen's) legacy.
no fred, no john= no queen. understood.

but it's great to see the other guys doing their stuff in a nice kind of way - and having fun playing their music!
. new treatments of some songs and a singer who is quite able to sing most of the catalogue.

what's to wish for ?
maybe some renditions of song's that haven't been played before. sure.

i cannot stand your complains...
if you don't like it, just don't listen to it.

bottom line.

prince[tOM]
princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 11 Jul 12, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

- double post. sorry :-)

prince[tOM]