Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queenmoan

forum rss feed
Author

Gregoryvincke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Aug 12, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Will all the moaners on this website stop complaining about anything or any what, god damn it! Appreciate what you get; Accept that Freddie Mercury died 20 years ago and that new material will never reach the standard of what was produced in the 70's or 80's! Is this queenzone or fucking queenmoan??!

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 12, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amen!

Megamike user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 12, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally agree.. it is like 90% of these "moaners" forget, ignore, or have no idea that Freddie even made mistakes with his OWN stuff.. I mean Ogre Battle was almost NEVER sang correctly, not to mention when his throat gave him troubles he would never try to hit the notes. yet we have this gal singing Rock You with passion and they flame her.. what gives? it is fans like this that really piss me off.. Appreciate that Brian and Roger still LOVE to play for US!!! they do NOT have to.. they have every right to still call themselves QUEEN! stop the fighting and just accept what they do. please

Missreclusive user not visiting Queenzone.com
Missreclusive
Bohemian: 666 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 12, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL, good luck with that!

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1703 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 12, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think this Jessie girl sung very well and it was overall a good performance by everybody. I may have heard about 20-25 different We Will Rock You versions, whether they are covers or Brian&Rog playing with a guest singer. This one is nowhere near the bottom of that list.

Remember...
5ive?
Britney, Beyoncé and Pink?
John Farnham?
Zucchero @ 46664?
Axl at the Tribute?
Paul Shortino in the Dragon Attack tribute?
Kids will rock you?
The Evian ad?
My Chemical Romance?
DAPPY on the Radio???!!!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12697 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 12, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly, just get fucked. If something's shite, people are going to complain. That's like asking people not to be happy when something good gets released; literally the same deal. Spontaneous emotional response to new input - ie. me being happy about the Days Of Our Lives Blu-Ray last year. Are you saying I shouldn't have told anyone that I was happy that they'd made such a good documentary?

Go catch a bus or something.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1703 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 12, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For what it's worth, here are my favorite Rock You versions:
- Queen w/ Freddie in the studio & Fast live versions
- Roger Taylor live in 1998, industrial sounding, nice phrasing
- Brian and Roger live at the Songwriter's Hall of Fame (2003?) with Brian getting "creative" in the last verse
- Queen and Paul Rodgers' very first performance at the UK Hall of Fame in 2004

GratefulFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
GratefulFan
Deity: 3776 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 00:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:
Honestly, just get fucked.

This. People complaining like breathless 14 year old girls about complaining. The irony is clearly lost. Honestly, if you've used more than one punctuation mark in a row you might be taking yourself a bit too seriously.

QueenIsAwesome-Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:
Honestly, just get fucked. If something's shite, people are going to complain. That's like asking people not to be happy when something good gets released; literally the same deal. Spontaneous emotional response to new input - ie. me being happy about the Days Of Our Lives Blu-Ray last year. Are you saying I shouldn't have told anyone that I was happy that they'd made such a good documentary?
Exactly my thoughts! She was rubbish, why should we be pleased?

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because the remaining members of or beloved band appeared on the closing ceremony of the fucking olympic games! Only that should make you very content and happy, whino!

FlorianS user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 06:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was happy to see Brian and Roger at the closing ceremony.
And I liked the performance overall.

But come on...we all know that the whole thing could have been much better (for us Queen fans) if Brian and Roger would have done the vocals, or if they had resurrected Paul Rodgers, or picked somebody more suitable than this young lady. Even George Michael, the singer from Muse or the singer of the Kaiser Chiefs would have been a better addition to Brian and Roger that Jessie J was.

Do Brian and Roger really think that there was no better (=more queen suitable)person to jump in available?
Or do they want to attract younger people to get into Queen?

Maybe the performance attracted the general public, but to me as a Queen fan, should I just be happy whenever Bri and Rog come out with somebody and do something? Maybe next time they decide to go out with some rapper. Should I be just please because they go out on stage?

It was these two guys, Mr. May and Mr. Taylor who said that NOBODY can replace Freddie, and for this reason they will not go on under the Queen banner. They started this 'not lower our standard' thing 20 years ago. And now they have replaced Freddie by a big bunch of people including Will Young, Adam Lambert, Jessie J and 5Five...sorry...really I whish that they carry on under the Queen banner, but I think they should consider what Queen should stands for. And I think Queen does not stand for performances with persons like Jessie J.

Sebastian user is on Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6242 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you don't like the moaning on this forum, bloody quit.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2369 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's why most people do leave.
Honestly there is no REAL conversation about musical talent on this site anymore.

I'm all for people sharing an opinion, we are all intitled to do that, but what I hate is the constant moaning about everyone that works with Queen, God if they dug John Lennon up and got him singing with Queen people would still moan about the fact he was not Freddie.

The fact is most people here cant add constructive critisium because all they seem to be able to do is slag off artists that are either already on top of there game (Paul Rodgers) or up and coming (Lambert) they dont add anything to the discussion they just talk bollocks about the fact they didnt sing the song the same way Freddie did. It's total bollocks.

I can appreciate someone that can discuss WHY they dont like something or someone, but not the constant jump on the band wagon and slag off everything and everyone because it's not the way it used to be.

The irronie is most who do were not even alive when Freddie was so they have no real knowledge of what it was to be a Queen fan in the 70's or 80's as the band grew.

Fact is Paul Rodgers was amazing, he did it his way and did it well.

Same with Lambert. Jessie J certainly did it her way but she still has a lot to learn about controlling her vocal and not over-singing a song, but yes she can sing. I personally didnt like her version but I still felt it was a good stab given the way she works.

Lets have a bit of balance here for a change and not just the same old boring bollocks about why nobody can replace Freddie..... Boring

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10013 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Amen

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10013 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregoryvincke wrote:
Will all the moaners on this website stop complaining about anything or any what, god damn it! Appreciate what you get; Accept that Freddie Mercury died 20 years ago and that new material will never reach the standard of what was produced in the 70's or 80's! Is this queenzone or fucking queenmoan??!

I didn't notice anybody in the last months or years on this site who would have a problem accepting the fact that Freddie Mercury died 20 years ago. I'm not sure what are you talking about

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course you're not sure what I'm talking about, since you're on the moaners' side.

Sebastian user is on Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6242 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:
Lets have a bit of balance here for a change and not just the same old boring bollocks about why nobody can replace Freddie..... Boring

Who made you forum ruler?

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4675 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well if they're going to resurrect John lennon to sing with Queen why can't they just resurrect Fred instead? Typical Queen productions: always going for the cheap option.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Missreclusive user not visiting Queenzone.com
Missreclusive
Bohemian: 666 posts

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL!! Holly, that was brilliant. lol Z, go catch a bus.

Come on Gregoryvinke, let the creative moaners stay!

Posted: 14 Aug 12, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha missreclusive :D